Hybrid Engine/IMA battery system The hybrid have a very different engine and Battery system (IMA), so this forum is for items related to the Hybrid cars alone. If they are same as the regular cars, please post there instead.

High RPMs at 60 MPH

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pogli is an unknown quantity at this point
High RPMs at 60 MPH

It's been a brutal two weeks, however Honda finally agrees that my car has a problem. On the freeway when excellerating from 55mph to 65 mph the car revs high. My car maintained 3700 rpm's at 60 MPH for 7 miles. The battery wouldn't take a charge. As I stated in my opening Honda does recognize that my car has a problem, however they don't know how to fix it. Lucky me.... They released the car to me and stated that they would get to me when they know how to fix it. I guess it's time to read up on Texas lemon laws. They did state that they are waiting to see if other 2006 models are having the same problem. If you have this same problem take the car in.
Old 07-27-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terry Wright is an unknown quantity at this point
same boat different problem

It has been no fun since May sorting out a front end rattle in my vehicle. Honda now says it is a motor mount but has not solution for it. They are testing mounts and I wait. The dealership says if a safety issue surfaces my mount and rattle problem will be shoved to the back. I finally filed a BBB Autoline complaint today much as I did not want to do it. A new Civic should not rattle as if it has 200,000 miles on it and with unrepairable, who knows what secondary damage is being done.

So I feel your pain and wait on the process. See more at my post Civic rattle.

Terry