Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.
View Poll Results: what oil filter do you use
Honda OEM
36.78%
Mobil 1
15.76%
Fram
28.57%
Bosch
2.96%
K&N
13.46%
STP
2.46%
Voters: 609. You may not vote on this poll

poll: what oil filter do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Johnold is an unknown quantity at this point
MPG. miles per gallon? cause if thats what that means. heh, you are deffinantly wrong!. my car is F'ING awsome on gas!!! i know it burns cleaner thats why i use it. it's better gas period. my car runs fine with 93 octane gas man!.
Old 03-18-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Johnold
MPG. miles per gallon? cause if thats what that means. heh, you are deffinantly wrong!. my car is F'ING awsome on gas!!! i know it burns cleaner thats why i use it. it's better gas period. my car runs fine with 93 octane gas man!.
you sure? what mpg are you getting?
Old 03-18-2006
Registered!!

well i just drive to work and back home and it takes me like almost a month to get to a half a tank.

remember, i have no mods on my car except for the headlight bulbs LOL. maybe thats making a difference?
Old 03-18-2006
Registered!!

jerseydetailer has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by shroomster
you sure? what mpg are you getting?

seriously unless you drive like a grandma what really does mpg prove and 93 is damaging you car if it is its not noticeable...of all the way us crazy 7thgeners damage the car...using 93 octane has to be last 3 on the list
Old 03-18-2006
Registered!!

PiNoYxRaCeRxRH is an unknown quantity at this point
premium is not needed and burns faster than plus and regular! IMO
Old 03-18-2006
Registered!!

i've never read anything about 93 octane messing up a car. even a honda civic.

i don't drive very fast either. IMO actually i can't see or feel a difference in the different gas wether i'm using 87 or 93 octane. my car is doing fine. nice and quiet. perzz like a kitten. sometimes i can't even tell if it's on or not LOL. it doesn't even shake lol.

Last edited by Johnold; 03-18-2006 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-18-2006

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
it's not overkill with the premium gas, it's just you're not doing anything good for the car period. car is meant to run on 87 pump, you're causing it to work harder to compress and burn the higher octane gas,thus dropping your mpg....i think thats how the mpg drop if i remember correctly.
did i say anything in the above post about damaging the car fellas?

seriously unless you drive like a grandma what really does mpg prove and 93 is damaging you car if it is its not noticeable...of all the way us crazy 7thgeners damage the car...using 93 octane has to be last 3 on the list
no no it isn't last on the list, why are you putting 'premium' gas in an 'economy' car is of no sense to me. you're not doing anything for the car seriously. read up on the faq's and such.

btw when I used premium (once ina blue moon) I noticed my mpg went from 34 to 26....
Old 03-18-2006
Registered!!

jerseydetailer has a little shameless behaviour in the past
did i say anything in the above post about damaging the car fellas?

no no it isn't last on the list, why are you putting 'premium' gas in an 'economy' car is of no sense to me. you're not doing anything for the car seriously. read up on the faq's and such.

btw when I used premium (once ina blue moon) I noticed my mpg went from 34 to 26....

i didnt say last on the list and you tell me i should be reading what is wrong is wrong with putting premium gas in an economy carso we can only put things on our car that make a *serious difference*....damn i should take back the shopping cart wing and alteeza and naws
Old 03-18-2006
Registered!!

ok thats weird that you guys aren't getting good MPG on your cars when using premium gas. i've been using premium 93 gas since i've bought my civic. my car runs excellent on 93 premium octane gas. even my car's manual says that i can put higher octane gas in my car. is says i could put 87 or higher in my car. and alot of people say to use the 93 octane gas cause it's good gas but people don't use it cause it's expensive. everytime i get gas, it's from mobil. i've been using mobil gas for like almost a full year. about almost the WHOLE time i've had my civic. i don't know why you guys had rough idleing with your cars but my car is perfect on 93 octane gas. maybe it's cause it's MOBIL gas?
Old 03-18-2006
Unsalvageable

rEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trusted
i think the oem stuff is best for this.
Old 03-18-2006
ultra super duper member

01vic will become famous soon enough01vic will become famous soon enough
93 octane costs more and does nothing....... youre just putting in more money...

oh, and i use a PureONE oil filter, but thats not on the list...
Old 03-18-2006
Registered!!

ok thats true. but it's better quality gas and it's cleaner and more pure gas. my cars manual DOES infact say that i can put a higher octane gas in my car. so a year ago i had to make sure i could put a higher octane in my gas tank. and 10 months later so far, i've been putting 93 octane. i haven't put anything lower than 93 octane in my car for almost a year now. actually i think a year cause i've had my civic for about 15 months now but i didn't start putting 93 octane gas untill i had the car for about 3 months. so yeah. i'd say i've been putting 93 premium octane gas in my car for a whole year and it's been normal. and i just started using mobil synthetic oil and mobil oil filters like 4 or 5 months now. my car is loving it.
Old 03-18-2006

ok thats true. but it's better quality gas and it's cleaner and more pure gas. my cars manual DOES infact say that i can put a higher octane gas in my car. so a year ago i had to make sure i could put a higher octane in my gas tank. and 10 months later so far, i've been putting 93 octane. i haven't put anything lower than 93 octane in my car for almost a year now. actually i think a year cause i've had my civic for about 15 months now but i didn't start putting 93 octane gas untill i had the car for about 3 months. so yeah. i'd say i've been putting 93 premium octane gas in my car for a whole year and it's been normal. and i just started using mobil synthetic oil and mobil oil filters like 4 or 5 months now. my car is loving it.
ok, but still you have not said what your mpg is.....or do you not keep track of it?

i didnt say last on the list and you tell me i should be reading what is wrong with putting premium gas in an economy car so we can only put things on our car that make a *serious difference*....damn i should take back the shopping cart wing and alteeza and naws
I know you didn't say last on the list, but the way you also said it means that it is the last three numbers on whatever fictitious list you've created. once again premium does nothing. and btw yes, you should return the park bench and the nitrous oxide system. hehe
Old 03-18-2006
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by jerseydetailer
go on bobtheoilguy websites..bitog.com..it is for ppl that are insane about oil read some of the fram reviews, those filter are some of the worse....oem filter are good not the greatest....some cars esp turbo'ed car have been ruined by the use of non oem filters because companies like fram omit or use a lower quality anti drainback valve i know it wasnt you but whoever said i think fram makes honda oem filters is an idiot why even say that...show some proof...shoot i think chevy makes honda filters get the point...

Wow... you just managed to make yourself look like an idiot. If you don't think Honda OEM filters are made by Fram, all you have to do is look on the filter. You know... the place where it says "Manufactured by Fram." In fact if you look really close at the second picture I posted, you can even see where it says Manufactured by... and you can kind of make out the Fr of Fram. I think the new ones says Made by Honeywell... here's a secrest, Honeywell=Fram

And yeah, some cars don't do well with cardboard drainbacks. Mainly cars with high oil pressure.... like say a car with a turbo. So EVO + Fram = bad, so surprise. But for a normal civic... it works fine, never heard of a civic failing becuase of that.

---------------------------

Tis true... 93 octane will not help your car in ANY way shape or form. It will make it faster though.... because your wallet will weigh less

hahaha... prove it. DO you know what octane is? If you do you would realize there is no need for it in a normal civic. Here is another secret, it is FEDERAL law, that if all gas being dispensed out of the same pump/nozzle, must have equal additives and the only difference is the iso-octane to n-octane ratio and that is it. So if anything is different, then you can sues the pants off whoever and have your self a new gas station, unless the gas station has separate nozzles for all the grades of gas, which I haven't seen in a long time.

Last edited by Jrfish007; 03-18-2006 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-18-2006

Originally Posted by Jrfish007
Tis true... 93 octane will not help your car in ANY way shape or form. It will make it faster though.... because your wallet will weigh less
welcome to my new sig....buahahahaha
Old 03-18-2006

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
welcome to my new sig....buahahahaha

Old 03-18-2006
Registered!!

no i don't keep track of my MPG. but all i know is i don't get gas often cause my car doesn't drink alot of gas. and as far as the gas lines having their own pumpline and gas gun, yes. at the mobil station down the street from where i live here in florida. this mobil gas station has 3 seperate gas lines at each gas stand. green is the 87 octane normal, blue is the 93 octane super, and red is the 89 octane special. in that order. green 87, blue 93, red 89. and i always use blue, 93 baby!. the 93 octane gas here in florida is about 250 to 264 or so. yeah, it's pricey. when i fill my gas tank up from it being on the halfway mark of the gas meter on the dash. it costs me like 16,50 to 17 dollars. i'm cool with that though. i don't drive around much. just to work and back. relaxed! going about 60 to 65 or 70 MPH at the most. i usually do 60 MPH with my car. like i said b4. i don't speed much. i drive to last baby. besides. why drive my civic Ex if it's not even modded? LOL. don't wanna look like an ***. the ONLY time people look at me when i'm driving (in what looks like some type of admiration) is when it's all clean and waxed to a T!. *bling bling**

Last edited by Johnold; 03-18-2006 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-18-2006

no i don't keep track of my MPG. but all i know is i don't get gas often cause my car doesn't drink alot of gas. and as far as the gas lines having their own pumpline and gas gun, yes. at the mobil station down the street from where i live here in florida. this mobil gas station has 3 seperate gas lines at each gas stand. green is the 87 octane normal, blue is the 93 octane super, and red is the 89 octane special. in that order. green 87, blue 93, red 89. and i always use blue, 93 baby!. the 93 octane gas here in florida is about 250 to 264 or so. yeah, it's pricey. when i fill my gas tank up from it being on the halfway mark of the gas meter on the dash. it costs me like 16,50 to 17 dollars. i'm cool with that though. i don't drive around much. just to work and back. relaxed! going about 60 to 65 or 70 MPH at a time i usually do 60 MPH with my car. like i said b4. i don't speed much. i drive to last baby. besides. why drive my civic Ex if it's not even modded? LOL. don't wanna look like an ***. the ONLY time people look at me when i'm driving (in what looks like some type of admiration) is when it's all clean and waxed to a T!. *bling bling**
You my friend live in old town That is one of the few still a round with seperate nozzles for each grade.
Old 03-18-2006
Registered!!

NO!. actually theres another mobil gas station the same way. except it's like 20 more miles away. and this one is like 6 minutes away. sunoco is like that too. so is shell station. (some of them) and i think chevron is like that also. oh yeah! HESS is like that also. florida maybe different than where you live my friend. besides. whats the point again why we are talking about this 3 different lines again?...i'm lost.

HONDA PRIDE

listen, i don't ever mind putting in some money for gas my friend. never have.

Last edited by Johnold; 03-18-2006 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-20-2006

florida maybe different than where you live my friend. besides. whats the point again why we are talking about this 3 different lines again?...i'm lost.
Because that is the only way a gas station is allowed to use different amount of additives in their fuel. If it is all throught the same pump, the amount of addatives and "cleanliness" of the fuel is tha same regardless of the octane number.
Old 03-20-2006

NO!. actually theres another mobil gas station the same way. except it's like 20 more miles away. and this one is like 6 minutes away. sunoco is like that too. so is shell station. (some of them) and i think chevron is like that also. oh yeah! HESS is like that also. florida maybe different than where you live my friend. besides. whats the point again why we are talking about this 3 different lines again?...i'm lost.
listen, i don't ever mind putting in some money for gas my friend. never have.
umm i live in the Fl too and I rarely see the different nozzles anymore save for the older model gas stations.
Old 03-20-2006
Wanna see a donkey show?

cg95660 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bosch !!!!
Old 03-20-2006
Registered!!

ringflyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda OEM
Old 03-20-2006
Registered!!

CivicIkon is an unknown quantity at this point
K&N and Royal Purple
Old 03-20-2006
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
I have used 4 out the 6 listed...... OE, K&N, Bosch, and STP so I dont think I am able to vote.
Old 03-20-2006
Crawlin Similar To An Ant Low To Da Earth

Nokturnl has a spectacular aura aboutNokturnl has a spectacular aura aboutNokturnl has a spectacular aura about
K&N hp-1010 with Royal Purple 5w20
Old 03-20-2006
Registered!!

aoar is an unknown quantity at this point
wix from www.filter1.com
Old 03-20-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
honda oem made by fram (right?)
Old 03-20-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
^^Yes.
Old 03-21-2006

Originally Posted by aoar

Used those in my Camaro... lot of muscle car guys use that brand

Quick Reply: poll: what oil filter do you use?