Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.
View Poll Results: what oil filter do you use
Honda OEM
36.78%
Mobil 1
15.76%
Fram
28.57%
Bosch
2.96%
K&N
13.46%
STP
2.46%
Voters: 609. You may not vote on this poll

poll: what oil filter do you use?

Old 03-21-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aoar is an unknown quantity at this point
lol.. they're the same as napa gold and... one other rebranded one.. forgot. used to use oem until they switched to fram..
Old 03-23-2006
Registered!!

ctx66 will become famous soon enoughctx66 will become famous soon enough
there is no such thing as a filter with cardboard drainbacks... they have cardboard end caps. drainbacks are either nitrile, or silicone. i use wix oil filters.
Old 03-23-2006
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ctx66
there is no such thing as a filter with cardboard drainbacks... they have cardboard end caps. drainbacks are either nitrile, or silicone. i use wix oil filters.

Yes, you are right.
Old 03-31-2006
Falken Master

cwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nice
i use FRAM Tough Guard
Old 04-04-2006
Registered!!

civics4everyone is an unknown quantity at this point
I use to use fram 7317, ran out and bought a couple nippon filters online with some other stuff. Noticed right away that the nippon(which is basically the same as the blue honda oem filter) was twice as heavy and had so many pleats that you could barely see between them. More pleats equals more filter surface. The fram when compared side by side was far inferior in feel and look for sure. Buy an OEM filter and see for yourself, nippon filters cost less than fram 7317's which are almost the most expensive fram filters. I havent compared the blue ones to the nippon filters yet but dont really feel the need to at this point.
Old 04-21-2006
Registered!!

gotarheels03 is an unknown quantity at this point
^ Agreed. I used only Nippon filters on my old Corolla
Old 08-17-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i used to use oem, now i switched to k&n. pretty much equal anyway. i cant believe some of you guys use fram. there is a big design difference between cheapo filters and oem/expensive ones.
Old 08-17-2006
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
k&n with mobile 1 syn
Old 08-17-2006
Registered!!

Ti71 is an unknown quantity at this point
K&N with Mobile 1 0w20
Changed every 8k miles
Old 08-17-2006
Registered!!

Cwsl02 is an unknown quantity at this point
honda OEM
Old 08-17-2006
Registered!!

Ichiban is an unknown quantity at this point
I used to use fram but I've heard bad things so I switched to Honda. I figure if its good enough for Spoon Sports its good enough for me.
Old 08-17-2006
Registered!!

VicDawg has a spectacular aura aboutVicDawg has a spectacular aura aboutVicDawg has a spectacular aura about
Supertech! Well, on my old civic anyway. Pure1 for the new one.
Old 08-18-2006
Registered!!

01sdn is an unknown quantity at this point
i use mobil 1
Old 08-18-2006
Registered!!

White0nGold has a spectacular aura aboutWhite0nGold has a spectacular aura about
i use Royal Purple, but that was my 2nd choice since i couldnt find the Greddy oil
Old 08-27-2006
Registered!!

mikem317 should not be trusted
Using 15400-PLM-A01 filters.
Old 08-28-2006
Falken Master

cwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nice
Originally Posted by cwo715
i use FRAM Tough Guard

update... now i use HAMPA
Old 09-09-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
K&N FTW
Old 09-09-2006
Registered!!

civydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by PiNoYxRaCeRxRH
K&N To Get More Out Of My Synthetic Mobil1

Why not use a mobile 1 filter to get the most out of your mobile 1? WIXX is good also.

Last edited by civydcex; 09-09-2006 at 08:04 PM.
Old 09-09-2006
Registered!!

How exactly will using a K&N or Mobil oil filter help you to get the most out of your Mobil 1 oil? So if i use a supertech oil filter, my oil won't perform as well as it would with an overpriced filter? I see.
Old 09-10-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
lol, i didnt know the filter brands had to match the oil.
Old 09-11-2006
Registered!!

civydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura about
Why not, if you buy mobile 1 oil use a mobile 1 filter? Is that such a crazy thing? Mobile uses there own mobile 1 filters when testing the mobile 1 oil to put out the results people hear, and become accustomed to when buying oil. I was stating it would make more sence to use the mobile 1 filter with its own oil. If you change your oil every other week maybe a cheaper filter is good for your situation, but useing a K&N is stupid and is overpriced. A honda oil filter is great, but overpriced and i would rather get a mobile 1 filter for the extra 3 bucks! People use the mobile 1 oil but mock me about my comment to use a mobile 1 filter, instead of a K&N, WTF!!!! They were ment to use with each other, so why not use them together. It's like 30$ a oil change, with the "overpriced" mobile 1 filter and oil, who cares!!!! It's not breaking the bank!
Old 09-11-2006
Registered!!

I'm not even gonna bother.

Old 09-11-2006
Registered!!

I do believe you will get more out of mobile1 by using their mobile1 filter. Like it so far fetched.

Last edited by Jrfish007; 09-12-2006 at 07:25 AM.
Old 09-11-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by civydcex
Why not, if you buy mobile 1 oil use a mobile 1 filter? Is that such a crazy thing? Mobile uses there own mobile 1 filters when testing the mobile 1 oil to put out the results people hear, and become accustomed to when buying oil. I was stating it would make more sence to use the mobile 1 filter with its own oil. If you change your oil every other week maybe a cheaper filter is good for your situation, but useing a K&N is stupid and is overpriced. A honda oil filter is great, but overpriced and i would rather get a mobile 1 filter for the extra 3 bucks! People use the mobile 1 oil but mock me about my comment to use a mobile 1 filter, instead of a K&N, WTF!!!! They were ment to use with each other, so why not use them together. It's like 30$ a oil change, with the "overpriced" mobile 1 filter and oil, who cares!!!! It's not breaking the bank!

First off, ITS MOBIL, NOT MOBILE. MOBIL MOBIL MOBIL. WHY SHOULD I TRUST ANYTHING YOU SAY IF YOU CANT EVEN SPELL THE COMPANY NAME RIGHT?

SECOND, its not sence, its sense.

Now that we have english 101 out of the way, onto the real ****.

Honda filters are not great. Honda filters suck.

Regardless of how often you change your filter, you do not need an expensive filter. If you knew the slightest thing about oil filters, i wouldn't have to try and explain this. Don't buy into their advertising. There is nothing special about mobil 1 filter media that makes it work best with mobil 1 oil.

Mobil 1 oil filters and mobil 1 oil don't need to be used togeather.

If you still don't believe me, thats fine. whatever, i honestly don't care. but i am no fool, i know what i'm talking about.

Go to Bobistheoilguy.com and plead your case there. Instead of 1 person calling you a fool, you will have a dozen. And these people are well educated on this stuff.

This is why i don't like to discuss oil filters and oil on this board. Too many people don't know what the fck they're talking about and just believe whatever they see in advertising.

/rant

Last edited by Jrfish007; 09-12-2006 at 07:26 AM.
Old 09-11-2006
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
AMSOIL FTW
Old 09-12-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
just shut up whilst you're behind.....there is no need to add fuel to the fire...this isn't a debate this is a gauge of who uses what oil filter. and besides man it's called advertising for a reason and of course mobil is going to tout their filter as the best to use with their oil. their not out to lose money. just please stop posting uneducated, unfounded, un-necessary drivel.

oh and in case you missed it...I can't ban, but I can negative rep as can everyone else on this forum......and that box of tissues you gave me up there next to my post count...

Last edited by Jrfish007; 09-12-2006 at 07:29 AM.
Old 09-12-2006
Registered!!

I make my opinion, people bitch!! This guy comes out insults me, spellchecks me, and picks me out of everyone to bitch about a filter opinion i had.

Advertising and hard proof sold me and everyone else on mobil 1 oil not the filter, i choose that one. I know its obviously the worst one out there

Shroomster, ban me, then ban yourself and this guy who seems to have anger management issues. Bad rep me for what, defending myself against a person who jumps on my ****. And why do you jump into a arguement that you dont need to. You deserve bad rep.

If I cant make an opinion without crap everytime what good is this forum. I aint going anywhere soon so take opinions as what they are, OPINIONS. And sure as hell dont deserve to be ban from the site, that is crazy!!!

Last edited by Jrfish007; 09-12-2006 at 07:31 AM.
Old 09-12-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
I make my opinion, people bitch!! This guy comes out insults me, spellchecks me, and picks me out of everyone to bitch about a filter opinion i had.

Advertising and hard proof sold me and everyone else on mobil 1 oil not the filter, i choose that one. I know its obviously the worst one out there

Shroomster, ban me, then ban yourself and this guy who seems to have anger management issues. Bad rep me for what, defending myself against a person who jumps on my ****. And why do you jump into a arguement that you dont need to. You deserve bad rep.

If I cant make an opinion without crap everytime what good is this forum. I aint going anywhere soon so take opinions as what they are, OPINIONS. And sure as hell dont deserve to be ban from the site, that is crazy!!!

1. never said I'd ban you
2. for god sake learn to spell check
3. you get called out for making brash/stupid unfounded opinions. do your research like I've said time and time again....
4. how do you get respect in real life? do it the same way on here.

Last edited by Jrfish007; 09-12-2006 at 07:32 AM.
Old 09-12-2006
Registered!!

ian01ex is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow... a little slice of honda-tech
Old 09-12-2006
Registered!!

Look, i was going to drop everything. Until you replied back with this bs.

I do believe you will get more out of mobile1 by using their mobile1 filter. Like it so far fetched.
I never post replies like that, unless i get pushed. Sorry?

I'm done with the topic as well so,

Last edited by Jrfish007; 09-12-2006 at 07:32 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: poll: what oil filter do you use?