AMSOIL mtf *review - Honda Civic Forum

Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-18-2006   #1
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
AMSOIL mtf *review

anyone have any experience with this product? ...

I checked around some of the other forums and nobody seems to have any ...

I guess I'll be one of the first to review it ..

http://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/mtf.aspx

Review 1/29/06

WOW this stuff is GREAT!! ... SMOOTH shifting ... it really is like butter. Much easier to shift into gears and much smoother. I don't know why, but when I used Redline MT-90, my car actually felt slower ... but with the AMSOIL MTF, it feels about the same ... but shifting is a lot smoother and a lot more fun. It's probably only been like 10,000 miles since my last tranny fluid change (Honda MTF), but I also have been using a Password JDM magnetic tranny bolt ... and it was absolutely covered with metal filings... so yeah, that sucked. I recommend a magnetic tranny fluid bolts to anyone!

Out of Redline MT-90, Honda MTF and the Amsoil... the Amsoil MTF wins. Honda is a close second and Redline is a far 3rd. It actually felt slightly harder to shift (but smooth) with the Redline ... and now it's smooth like butter. Big thumbs up to Amsoil

Last edited by aznboysrfr; 01-30-2006 at 01:18 AM.
aznboysrfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #2
Registered!!

lindermant will become famous soon enoughlindermant will become famous soon enough
no personal experience, but a search for Amsoil MTF on BITOG pulled up the following threads:

http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/...54-200137-CR7X

hope this helps

Last edited by lindermant; 01-18-2006 at 07:20 PM.
lindermant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006   #3
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Well.....

The pour point is a little low (but normal for Amsoil products) and the flash point is only average. I point these out because they can give you an idea of how much heat the oil can take before breaking down. On the plus side the pour point is low, which means it will be better at start in the cold than most oil.

The viscosity is a little higher than normal, even for Amsoil products....
Jrfish007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006   #4
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
well ... it should be okay I think. I don't normally beat the crap out of my tranny/engine ... ;P

I wish I knew the oil specs of the oem honda mtf
Old 01-23-2006   #5

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
That's probably better than the Honda stuff..... but yeah, it would be nice to know the specs on OEM fluids.
Old 01-27-2006   #6
Registered!!

L23Tan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
well ... it should be okay I think. I don't normally beat the crap out of my tranny/engine ... ;P

I wish I knew the oil specs of the oem honda mtf
Dude, Amsoil is wicked! A lot of my friends use it. It meets all Honda Manual Fluid Standards/Specs.

I remember seeing it on a site... let me try to find it for you.
L23Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #7
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

bump for my review
Old 01-30-2006   #8

humm... where did you get your Password JDM magnetic tranny bolt?
Old 01-30-2006   #9
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

from passwordjdm.com ...

they have ones for your oil pan too, but when I checked mine last night, there was hardly anything at all on it. changed the tranny and motor oil at the same time

Last edited by aznboysrfr; 01-30-2006 at 04:10 PM.
Old 01-31-2006   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
from passwordjdm.com ...

they have ones for your oil pan too, but when I checked mine last night, there was hardly anything at all on it. changed the tranny and motor oil at the same time

Yeah, I'm not to worried about the engine oil, it has a filter that gets replaced allthe time, the tranny on the other hand, isn't so lucky.
Old 01-31-2006   #11
I hope I offend you... Get mad

Slow Gold will become famous soon enoughSlow Gold will become famous soon enough
I ran amsoil in a 98 CR 250 and loved it. Also used it in my acura only stopped using it becouse only one place around here has it. Castrol syntec seems to be more obtainable.
Slow Gold is offline   Reply With Quote