Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

K&N oil fliter OR Moblie 1 oil fliter

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CIVIC X3 is on a distinguished road
i swear...oil filter is located at the stupidest place! my car felt alot smoother after the oil change...used moblie 1 oil fully syn. surpise dat i only needed 3 bottle. thought it was four.
Old 08-08-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by CIVIC X3
i swear...oil filter is located at the stupidest place! my car felt alot smoother after the oil change...used moblie 1 oil fully syn. surpise dat i only needed 3 bottle. thought it was four.
dude you "need" 3.7 "bottles" of oil to fill the car right. 3.7 quarts. i hope your car is running ok without that .7 of a quart
Old 08-20-2005
Registered!!

majinb...i did realize that i needed more then 3 quart after checkin it. and i did add more.

--------------------------------
Edited: made reference to a post that no longer exists.

Last edited by Jrfish007; 08-20-2005 at 06:54 AM.
Old 08-20-2005
got banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civic02ex is an unknown quantity at this point
I did some research, and went onto BIOTG website. There has been many tests done about all the name brand filters in regards to filtering/flowing.

Mobil 1 filters the best, but is restrictive in it's oil flow.

Napa Gold/Wix is half the price, filters very well, and has awesome silicone adbv (anti-drain back valve)........meaning it helps protect you at startup....great for coldstarts. So the flowing is a lot better.

PuraOne is the cheapest, filters pretty good, has a adbv (not silicone unfortunately), but has a restrictive oil flow.

I'm just stating the top three filters that many, many people are fond of.........I rank them Napa Gold, PuraOne, and Mobil 1.

I'm currently running Mobil1 5w-20 with a Mobil 1 oil filter. After my boyfriend switched over to Napa Gold oil filter, based on the research, he has found the Napa Gold filter to be superior than the Mobil 1 filter because of the adbv and half the cost of a Mobil 1 filter. It used to be on his Intrepid he would get a knocking sound in the morning with the Mobil 1 filter, but now the sound is completely gone.

My boyfriend is going to test out the PuraOne filter, but is sure the Napa Gold filter is the way to go. I'm going to try out the Napa Gold filter, and then try the PuraOne filter for kicks. Sorry Mobil 1.
Old 08-20-2005
Registered!!

since there was so many oil filter thrown at me...i just went with the oem filter to be save, and use moblie 1 oil fully syn.
Old 08-21-2005
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Would changing my oil to full synthetic at 75K km be alright?
Old 08-21-2005
The Declaration of Independence was written on marijuna paper

Ellocodetroit is a jewel in the roughEllocodetroit is a jewel in the roughEllocodetroit is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by DDragon7
Would changing my oil to full synthetic at 75K km be alright?
Yes. Go with Napa Gold filter. Over 150,000 miles, how's your tranny holding up?
Old 08-26-2005
Registered!!

ctx66 will become famous soon enoughctx66 will become famous soon enough
purolator pureones do have silicon adbv's, purolator premium plus filters do not. the only real advantage to silicon adbv's over nitrile is that it wont harden up like some nitrile do and is much more flexible at cold temperatures. silicon is really only needed for extended drain intervals, say 5k+ or during the winter time in colder climates.