Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

New to imports

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chucky3807 is an unknown quantity at this point
New to imports

I’m currently about to start round track racing
I definitely want a vtec Civic.prelude,del sol, or integra
i know nothing about these motors
now racing in buzz car the motor has to be “stock” lol
so what engine should I be looking at
I found a 01 civic ex with the 1.7 I haven’t read a lot of good things about it
because 90% of the time it will be tacht out between 4500 rpms to redline
I NEED ADVISE ON WHAT ENGINE TO LOOK FOR
thanks guys
Old 08-02-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: New to imports

B and K series for high revs imo.
Old 08-02-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

K series. Can't put a B series in a 7thgen if you wanna be street legal. Check local laws, but something about older engine in newer chassis.

K20A3 is the engine that came in the 2002-2005 Civic Si/RSX Base model. 160 HP 2.0L DOHC i-VTEC

K20A2 if you wanna step it up a bit, K20A2 that came in the RSX Type S. 200HP 2.0L DOHC i-VTEC

K20A if you wanna step it up even more, came in the RSX Type R. ~220HP 2.0L DOHC i-VTEC

The K24 (Euro Accord-R/TSX) has also been used, but the engine is a bit on the tall side (something like 4CM). That said, the Franken K-swap was frequently done, which used a K24 block and a K20 head, and you still had to modify how the engine sat in the engine bay a bit. There was a member here that did that swap that made 218WHP with the engine untuned, and 232WHP after he got it tuned.
Old 08-02-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

He doesn't own a 7th gen was just looking at one. Starting from scratch just looking for cars with engines I would go with a B or K. Oh and the F20 from a S2000!

For engine swap though I would say the older the chassis the better because of legal swap stuff but for a round track racing it probably won't be tagged.
Old 08-02-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I cant read or write. I just pretend very goodly. Doing talking isn't my strong suit.