General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slammed2k1civ is an unknown quantity at this point
engine swap

ive been talking to local performance shops in the milwaukee area......the easiest engine swap for the 2k1 right now is and integra ls v-tech..... its 180 hp stock about.......the hard thing to get though is the motor mounts...they are expensive as a bitch......u can put the same motor in a 99 civic hatch cx......and those engine bays are a lil smaller than ours i believe or possibly the same size...not to sure......but they told me the swap would fit our cars.....im tryin to pick one up from a junkyard and rebuild the engine for one of my automotive classes in college.....just wanted to know if this sounds right to any of you or if u guys know of any other common swaps....any help will be good...... or
Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

slam2k1civic is an unknown quantity at this point
You could not put that motor in our cars.Its a lie
Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

2cute is an unknown quantity at this point
Whoever told you that you can put an Integra engine in your car is full of $hit. As far as the size of your engine bay yours is substantially smaller. When they made the 2k1 civic they made the engine more compact and the interior larger. I guess you can put an Integra engine in your car but it will need to be the 01 Integra(RSX here). and why would you put an Integra LS in your car with 180 hp when you can put an Integra (RSX) Type-s with 200 hp? The RSX engine is identical to your except it turn the other way. So if you were thinking about just changing like the head or other components it wouldn't work.
Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

NeoMagus is an unknown quantity at this point
god not another one of these. Im seriously up for an email to all n00bies bout this kind of $hit.

Old 02-04-2002
Deu
Registered!!

Deu is an unknown quantity at this point
Despite what the other two people have posted, it is possible, however I am not sure you understand what you have to do to get that engine in there.

To free up enough room it probably requires you to lose a lot in the process. The motor mounts would probably have to be custom welded and the old ones removed so you could position the engine in the compartment. Also, dont forget when you do a swap with an engine, most of the time, it requires that you get the computer and wirning harness which is a pain in the ***. Also, when doing an engine swap, you better make sure the air conditioning unit on your car is in the same place as on the car you are switching from, or you have to remove/move all that as well. That is not fun either.

Also I still dont under stand why the hell you would want to do this to a new car. You would have to be insane or extremly rich, both which compliment eachother. If you want to go fast, buy a fast car, or blow up your eninge with turbo/nos. It would be easier to fabricate a turbo system than to do an engine swap. It would cost more to buy the turbo of course, but you wont ruin a new car either.
Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

Waldo is an unknown quantity at this point
umm i thought theres no vtec in LS motor only GS-R and Type R but you can change the heads out ???

Old 02-04-2002
AB
Registered!!

AB is an unknown quantity at this point
I doubt you'll find a newer engine than your civic in a junkyard, it's illegal to swap old engines u konw
Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

LOWBOY is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, its illegal but who is going to tell anyone, and if they do, who are they they going to tell. The people who put swap your engine arent saying anything, cause there making money off your @SS. And then there are the people who change your oil who prolly dont know your engine from their @$$hole.
Old 02-04-2002
AB
Registered!!

AB is an unknown quantity at this point
insurance will find out this kind of stuff so they don't have to pay you when you wreck your engine
Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

SiMan2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
You CAN NOT put any engine except for the K Series engines in the new civics and make it work. The new civics engine spins reverse of all other pre '01 engines. So what will happen if you could get a B series to mount up right is that you now have a civic with 5 reverse gears and 1 very short forward gear.

If you just want to swap an engine, be one of the first to mate an RSX head to the new 2.4L CRV bottom end. I've heard it's possible, though maybe not. Or you could just use the RSX S or R engine.
Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

Si Man You are the one thats wrong.

The K series motors are the ones that spin backwards and are on the passenger side...the new Civics have D blocks in them
Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

No I'm not. The old civics came with D Series block you dolt. D16 & D15 ring a bell. Those would be the engines that reside in all the USDM civics, except for the select few that came with the B16A2 like your Si. Go check your facts.
Why don't you run out tell me what your engine code is, since you insist that you have D series 7th gen civic. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

wow youre a fuucking idiot.

damn n00b....how much more proof do you need to be proven wrong??
Old 02-04-2002
Mr. Negative
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

DaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the rough
I would have to say Neo is right. What more proof do you need.
Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

Ok Ok I'm an Idiot.

Does the new D series spin the same or reverse of the old D series?

Neo Magus - I'm sorry. I truly did not mean to offend. I was sooo sure that the 7th gens were incompatible with all the other engines. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

You can clearly see the two engines rotate differently. All past B and D engines sat on the right(drivers) side, and the K sits on the passengers.

Oh and I went outside just to get some more proof for you.

Looks like your the "dolt", buddy
Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

As I said before only the K Series spins opposite (Intake manifold facing grill).

All Honda motors spin the normal way except for the K20A, K20A2 and K20A3. The CRV engine too spins the opposite way.

Looks like Im the one laughing now [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

silverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of light
Neo, you are the ISHT...Any questions on my engine will be directed towards you. I have plenty of knowledge on the workings and such, but as for engine codes, I'm new at. I used to be a pure rotary-head and didn't care about piston engines at all. But I am learning alot here. Thanx dude.
Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

Neo - After further consultation with my self, I found I was completely wrong. I'm thinking of the RSX, not the civics. For that I'm truly sorry. Please understand.

If you know so much about the engines could you please answer this for me. Do you think that the CRV 2.4l bottom end will mate with the RSX head? If so, do you think that it would be worth the trouble? I have heard that it could be quite an engine. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

not sure...im not to familiar with the new engines yet, just their codes - Im assuming if they were both DOHC and K blocks it should work considering on older engines you could use B18 stuff on B16 stuff, just had to stay with the same letter.
Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

Slammed2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I believe the new CRV motor is a K-series, but like anyone here is going to spend the money to do anything like that, and if you do WHY DID YOU BUY A CIVIC?? In about 3-5 years, then, maybe....
Chris