Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

My retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seanzee311 is an unknown quantity at this point
My retrofit

I recently did a retrofit on my 01 civic ex. with much help from gearbox and jay78, i got it done (aiming was very tedious). my setup is TYC projectors, 4300k kit, valeo DOT projectors. these pics are before i got them aimed.

this one didnt come out very good..

thanks again for the help!
Old 10-03-2006
Registered!!

crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough
get some wall shots of the finish product. looks good tho. wat projectors did u use? hahha man i need to get some shots of my projectors.
Old 10-05-2006
Registered!!

jay78 is on a distinguished road
yep get some final wall shots take batter pics close and from far.....thankx for the credit.....
Old 10-05-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
wow thats alot more color than mine! lol
Old 10-05-2006
Registered!!

steve cuz looks like he got clear lens....
Old 10-05-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
ah okay. hey jay do you think im getting not so good light output cause the projector is so far into the housing? and what about the protective film on headlight cover...its perfectly clear but who knows...
Old 10-06-2006
Registered!!

crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough
to answer your question even tho im not jay, yes it can cause loss in output if the projectors is too far into the housing and not some wat close to the headlight cover. i think that was half of my problem with my old retrofit.
Old 10-06-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by crazyasian
to answer your question even tho im not jay, yes it can cause loss in output if the projectors is too far into the housing and not some wat close to the headlight cover. i think that was half of my problem with my old retrofit.
STEVE
he answerd it........so yes u will get better out by putting projector closer to cover i had same prob with my ls430 thats why i am redoing them...

if u want to push your valeo closer to the cover then u have to cut the ring so your projector can come out more and prob u gone need shroud to, to make it look better... i might do this cuz i have one sonar housing setting around and valeo H7 clear lens projectors...... then sale it...
Old 10-06-2006
Premium Member

sounds like too much work, but post up how you do it cause eventually i need to open them again and glue that projector in good.
Old 10-06-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
sounds like too much work, but post up how you do it cause eventually i need to open them again and glue that projector in good.
use TAP black selicon thats what i use they are very strong....but its hard when u have to open your headlights again.....
Old 10-06-2006
Premium Member

i dont care about sealing that well. i was talking about something to hold the projector in the housing so it doesnt shake over bumps. silicone not hard enough.
Old 10-06-2006
Registered!!

well i used silicon
first i tied with zip tie one i aimed perfectly then i put the silicon around and it works like champ...
Old 10-06-2006
Premium Member

okay cool will keep in mind. i gues you gotta pour it on. i had put some epoxy but i think it broke off already. its gonna be a small mess in there when i open. also should i do color mods?
Old 10-06-2006
Registered!!

well with your lens i wont cuz u gone loss lots of lights and color dont come as much as u can get with clear lens......i would do lens swap this way u will have more lights, sharper cutoff and more colors then what u hve now..

but its up to u u can buy some H7 clear lens projectors and swap them...... hardast part is to take the lens out without cracking it...
Old 10-06-2006
Registered!!

steve mike is here "A03" and we took lots of pics tonight he will be posting them tomo... maybe tonight he said.... i am out....