FS: Complete Civic retrofit (HID)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004
J_J
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
J_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trusted
Thumbs up FS: Complete Civic retrofit (HID)

I'm selling my Civic retrofit because I am going back to stock in order to sell my Civic.

Here's the details:

-Genuine JDM headlights (Made by Stanley) with Audi S4 projectors custom mounted
-4100K HID bulbs
-Pair of OEM HID ballasts

The projectors are European Valeos--these are one of the most sought after projectors for a retrofit because of the color flicker they produce. I am asking $650 for everything, which is actually a deal when you consider the parts and labor that went into it. Since you are getting a new set of headlights, you can sell your old ones on ebay or recycler.com and get about $100 back. I would prefer local buyers but will ship out if I find a serious buyer. These are really great-I'd keep them if I wasn't planning on selling my Civic- but I would like to purchase a different model car and what I'm offering is only for 01-03 Civics.

No glare; focused beam-pattern

Last edited by J_J; 08-02-2004 at 07:36 PM.
Old 08-02-2004
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
That's NICE! Free bump. I'd buy it but I'm not a fan of that projector sitting around like that in the middle of the stock headlamp.
Old 08-02-2004
J_J
Registered!!

J_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trusted

I see what your saying and have had mixed reactions from people about the look...but most people agree that these headlights light up the road really well at night.

Last edited by J_J; 08-02-2004 at 08:07 PM.
Old 08-02-2004
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light
bump
Old 08-02-2004
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
Actually I think it does give the civic personality though. The headlights really look like eyeballs in that last pic! Just paint on a mouth and it'd be like a real person. Haha.

Free bump.
Old 08-02-2004
Registered!!

JayFReaZy will become famous soon enough
wow, those are hott!!!, bump
Old 08-03-2004
Just Be

MangoEX should not be trusted
my hid ...

Ill see if i can find some illumination photos of down the road.. its VERY clean and even.
Old 08-03-2004
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
Old 08-03-2004
Registered!!

TuRtLE714 will become famous soon enoughTuRtLE714 will become famous soon enough
how much just for the headlights?
Old 08-03-2004
J_J
Registered!!

The pic that PunkingCivic posted is actually an old set of headlights I had...those have 5-series projectors mounted in the headlights. The ones I have right now have much more colorful projectors installed (Valeos). If you have a lowered car or stiff suspension, these projectors are going to be throwing off all sorts of colors (blue, purple, violet, etc..) like crazy.

how much just for the headlights?

I'd like to sell everything as a whole right now but will consider selling the headlights alone if someone doesn't scoop this up soon.

Last edited by J_J; 08-03-2004 at 03:40 PM.
Old 08-04-2004
J_J
Registered!!

To the top
Old 08-04-2004

K20me is a jewel in the roughK20me is a jewel in the roughK20me is a jewel in the rough
bump it up again for a sick set of headlights good luck with the sale...
Old 08-05-2004
ThE FaMiLy SeDaN

rijowysock will become famous soon enough
hey j_j

whats the lowest u can go? shipped to FL.. and everything included so "i.e plug and play"

also are they still adjustable(like to align them) j.w get back to me...im interested im just really pissed cause their retrofitted in to coupe lights and coupe bulb holders are diff than sedan bulb holders(7443/194)

get back to me'
rijowysock@aol.com

also interested in a laptop as a trade?
Old 08-05-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

SomeDoodToo will become famous soon enoughSomeDoodToo will become famous soon enough
^ hey **** u man lol
I was going to ask the same thing im goign to sell my rims for these
Old 08-05-2004
ThE FaMiLy SeDaN

rijowysock will become famous soon enough
get em, my bulbs rnt gonna fit.. u got a coupe right?
Old 08-06-2004
Proud Protaganistic Propagandist

MisterTinkerTrain should not be trustedMisterTinkerTrain should not be trustedMisterTinkerTrain should not be trustedMisterTinkerTrain should not be trustedMisterTinkerTrain should not be trusted
damn....I like those but I don't have 600 to spend on that setup...=/
Old 08-06-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

SomeDoodToo will become famous soon enoughSomeDoodToo will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by rijowysock
get em, my bulbs rnt gonna fit.. u got a coupe right?
yah but i got crapy luck ill pm u about it
Old 08-06-2004
J_J
Registered!!

Yeah, they use the factory adjustments....it's like an OEM headlight.

Sale pending at the moment...have to see if the buyer follows through.
Old 08-08-2004
J_J
Registered!!

One more pic. This gives you an idea of the color the projectors give off at the top of the cutoff. The digital camera actually didn't capture it very well (more colorful in real life) but you get an idea from the pic.

Last edited by J_J; 08-08-2004 at 02:03 PM.
Old 08-18-2004
J_J
Registered!!

Ok, I'm buying a new car this week so my price is $560 for it. If you put your OEM headlights on ebay or recycler you can get around $100. So the end cost is $460...about the same cost as a 6000K Philips HID kit. The buyer will NOT be disappointed with these lights.

Last edited by J_J; 08-18-2004 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-18-2004
Registered!!

TuRtLE714 will become famous soon enoughTuRtLE714 will become famous soon enough
damn i need to save up money....ill take for 5 bills. thats only if u can wait for me to save money...thats like 2 paychecks for me
Old 08-21-2004
Banned

Ramones is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll give you a bump...if someone can sell their stock headlights and get 100 for them then this is a good price.

Considering parts for a retro are around 400 and labor is around 150-200 at hidforum.com. Plus finding replacement bulbs are just a dealer drive away, instead of trying to find rebased bulbs that hopefully fit aftermarket kits.
Old 08-21-2004
J_J
Registered!!

I'm holding it for 10days for Turtle714 so that he can come up with the $$.

He'll be very pleased with them if he ends up buying them. I guess this is one of those things that you have see in person to appreciate the value of it; no HID kit comes close to a retrofit.
Old 09-04-2004
J_J
Registered!!

Sold to Turtle714.