Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

I have seen the light...quetion about sealing headlights

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005
fuk tha man!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
djspot is an unknown quantity at this point
I have seen the light...quetion about sealing headlights

actually the lack there of has made me say "damn you halo's, damn you to HECK!!!!"

I ordered my turnsignal bulbs for these bitches, they came in, turns out they arent the same as our stock bulbs...so that with the fact that I can bearly see anything when Im driviing at night when I go up north, Im going back to stock...but I'm clearing these badboys...

now with all the **** talking above, I do have a question....what kinda sealant do u guys use to seal back your headlights, do u use clear sealant or does it really matter...

let me know...
Old 12-21-2005
Registered!!

jay78 is on a distinguished road
get this.........silicone from any hardware store....u can even find it at
wal-mart.
go with clear.....
Old 12-31-2005
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Go to Canadian Tire and pick up the Permatex Gasket Maker sealant - it comes out of the tube gray. I used it on my car and perhaps a dozen others and no one has had any leakage, while the ones I sealed with silicone did eventually let moisture in due to the silicone shrinking as it dried.
Old 12-31-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
yeah, silicone isn't the best alternative. you could try butyl rubber sealant or the one that telly suggested.
Old 12-31-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
use the stock goo. put em in the oven to loosen it each time. mine have never leaked.
Old 10-07-2006
fuk tha man!

djspot is an unknown quantity at this point
where in canadian tire is that gasket maker thing located...I went there, couldn't find it..
Old 10-07-2006
Go Team Venture!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
even here in the hot socal sun ive never had a problem with clear window caulking
Old 10-07-2006
Registered!!

civic_04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn silicone, my lights were fine all summer. Now that its starting to get cold the corners of the headlights are fogging a bit. I'm going to try the gasket maker sealant for sure. I remember seeing it a canadian tire, its in the automotive section.
Old 10-07-2006
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
I find caulking is the best, you just need common sense when using it. When you open them up, don't damage the plastic where it goes together. And before you seal them up, make sure you scrape off all the old glue, it'll create problems with gaps. Then when sealing, just use lots of caulking and make sure you have a steady wall all the way around the groove and that's it. Use lots of pressure when holding them together so they don't pull apart like they'll want to. I've had mine through a summer and a winter, not one bit of condensation.
Old 10-07-2006
Registered!!

crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough
yea i use clear kitchen and bath silicone that i got from home depot, which is in a red, gold, and white caulking. very good stuff and holds things real strong. had some issues with condensation getting it but that was because i did a pretty horrible job.

i wouldnt really use gasket sealer b.c i used it once and didnt do **** and had massive condesation the next day so i tore the headlights apart and redid it with that.
Old 10-07-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
they have black silicone too...