Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

civic headlight wiring

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civic bum is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy civic headlight wiring

i need help and don't know anything about the wiring harness. i have a '01 civic and theres something wrong with the headlight wiring now. when i had my stock halogens in, regular light was emitting from the driver side and very low lighting was comming out the passenger side. i changed them out and they were still doing that. then i bought some bi-xenon real HID by McColluch and only the driver side Hi-beam works. nothing else works. i took it to Honda and they said they tested the power and said power is comming out of both headlamps. they dont know what they're talking about. thats why i need anyones help who has had or knows how to fix this problem. thanks
Old 02-09-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
maybe just buy a new wire harness and put that on so the bulbs get power direct from the battery. it should work so long as the switch wire works. www.suvlights.com

if worse comes to worse and that doesn't work, you can just run your own switch for the harness and put it inside and just use that to turn em on.
Old 02-09-2006
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
I have the headlight wiring info for the 01 that I printed for someone here. If you want it let me know and I will scan it for you.
Old 02-09-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
it might also be a bad combo switch. i know 01-02 cars had a safety recall. mine was fine but others would burn out the wiring and one or both headlights just go off.
Old 02-09-2006
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
www.suvlights.com have tons of wiring kits if you ever do need a replacement..
Old 03-28-2011
Registered!!

bad_boy19914 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: civic headlight wiring

hey have you found the problem??. i have the same problem
Old 10-04-2016
Registered!!

docjiraiya is an unknown quantity at this point

Greeting all. I have a question? just installed some Spec D projector headlights.
they have a pair of bulbs for low and a pair for high. I want to know if there is a way to wire them that the dims stay on when i flip on the brights
Old 10-04-2016
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

bust out your electrical skills and install a diode between the low and high beam ground wires (the H4 harness on our cars are ground switching). theres a schematic somewhere on these forums.
edit: here's the link https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...e-lowbeam.html

Either that or buy a relay harness designed for aftermarket HID installs. I have one for my HID setup that I got from theretrofitsource.com that keeps low beams on when you activate your high beams. Costs something like $35 plus shipping.
edit 2: here's the relay harmess I have

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 10-04-2016 at 01:26 PM.