Thinking up stuff to do to my car

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Explorer352 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thinking up stuff to do to my car

Hey everyone.

I have an (US) 05. So far, I'm really liking this car, and realllllly liking thinking about all the cool stuff I want to do to it.

One of those things is the addition of of DRL's. Anyway, I had crazy idear, that I thought I'd float, see what the group says...

There's a company/website I've bought some motorcycle stuff from, customdynamics dot com. One of the cool things they have is a flexible, self-adhesive strip of LED's. My thought is to adhere one to the front of my car, and wire it up. This is where the tricky part comes. What my idea is, is to make true DRL's: lights that are on when the car is on and in gear, but off when the headlights are on. So, I'd have to use several relays. One for ignition on, one for car outside of park, another for headlights off.

Has anyone else thought about this??
Old 10-19-2016
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Thinking up stuff to do to my car

You could just find an aftermarket DRL module and wire it to the LED strips.
Old 10-19-2016
Honda Dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EF Hatch it man is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Thinking up stuff to do to my car

I added a red led strip under the hood and grill like K.I.T. car from way back in the day!
1989 hatch. No relays just a mini switch and wired into the parking lights.
Its fun at drive in shows at night.

Last edited by EF Hatch it man; 10-19-2016 at 08:18 PM.