Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

Blue Dash

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004
I want a TSX!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sevenplaces is on a distinguished road
Blue Dash

I recently tried to blue my dash lights. I pulled out the center console and took it all apart. I pulled out all the red tabs and plastic pieces and replaced them with blue. The material I used is a blue folder like the ones used for school etc.... The opacity of the folder seemed about the same as the stock red pieces I pulled out but when I turned on my parking lights the lights were way too dim. Any Ideas on what material to put in there that won't be too dark? I was thinking the plastic film they put over stage lights, or maybe something from a hobby store. Has anyone done this before without wiring in LED's etc? Thanks.
Old 08-24-2004
Fuzzy Boy

FuzzBeC00L is an unknown quantity at this point
Pm HomerSimpson I think he did this.. He will help you out real nice guy
Old 08-24-2004
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
how'd you get the blue and red temp control piece out? I took the insert out from teh back, but there's still color in there? (I want to red mine out, but I digress). Anyway, you could go to a hobby store and get some translucent paint. It dries to become like the stage lighting paper (you can peel it off in sheets).
Old 08-24-2004
I want a TSX!

Originally Posted by PopcornPlaya
how'd you get the blue and red temp control piece out? I took the insert out from teh back, but there's still color in there? (I want to red mine out, but I digress). Anyway, you could go to a hobby store and get some translucent paint. It dries to become like the stage lighting paper (you can peel it off in sheets).
I was actually gonna just leave that one there, but the other two, fan control and fan selector i did change. It was pretty hard to cut the piece exact.
Old 08-24-2004
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
That stuff I was talking about is just painted or poured on. It dries gelly, but solid. I would think it'd be much easier than cutting a piece. I was thinking about doing the same with leaving the center piece. I was trying to figure out any way possible to get the blue (cold) portion out of there. I thought about scratching it out, but it;s all the way through. Then, I thought about trying to dilute it, but again, it;s all the way through.

Last edited by PopcornPlaya; 08-24-2004 at 01:45 PM.
Old 08-24-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Anything you try to filter blue light will result in less luminosity. Why? Visible light is composed more of the warm colors like red and yellow. When you filter out every color expect blue, it's gonna be very dim. Try putting some yellow or red tape behind there and it'll be nice and bright. Your only option is LED for blue light, and even then it's not a natural blue.
Old 08-24-2004
I want a TSX!

Thanks im gonna try that. I'll let you guys know how it comes out
Old 08-24-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
Need to use LEDs, if u use those condoms/sleeves it will appear a greenish blue
Old 09-04-2004
Registered!!

snooze2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Any idea what kinda bulbs I have to use? 12v 5w (194s??) Thinking of getting those LED bulbs for the interior.
Old 09-13-2004
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Mystic3030 has a spectacular aura aboutMystic3030 has a spectacular aura about
LED's will have to be purchased at radio shack or a similar store, and you're going to need to solder resisters inline with them and then snip the stock wiring nomex plugs and solder onto the OEM wires.
Old 09-15-2004
I want a TSX!

Ok, I actually just went ahead and wired in LED's. This project was a little ambitious for me but it turned out great. I only wired in 4 led's. I used the stereo harness for power/ground. There is a stock RADIO ILLUMINATE wire that the aftermarket harness adapter did not use. This is esentially just a parking light wire. Then I tapped into the radio ground. Dang it looks so good. Ill try to get pics up later.