Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

Clear corners, need ambre bulbs!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seabass is an unknown quantity at this point
Clear corners, need ambre bulbs!

Hey everyone, i have a 2001 civic dx and i cleared my corners, im scared im gonna get a ticket cuz cops are real *******s around here. Can anyone direct me to a site that has amber bulbs for my civic, or those tight ones someone told me about that are silver until they light up and then they are amber. Thanks.

P.S. I didnt know where to post this, didnt really fit in any category.
Old 01-20-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
First off, where do you live? Second just get hyperwhites, the bulbs are blue, but when on are white with a hint of blue, you shouldnt have any problems with them.
Old 01-20-2004
Registered!!

ExOrCizT is an unknown quantity at this point
i cleared my conrners and they have amber bulbs
they got a orange tint... go to autozone and ask them
Old 01-20-2004
Registered!!

I live in college station, tx. And at the autozone's in this town none of them have it for some reason. Hyperwhites would prob get me in trouble with the cops cuz there not amber.
Old 01-20-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
They shouldnt get you in trouble, I live in Houston and I have never had a problem with the cops. But then again I dont know how the cops are in College station, but you shouldnt have any trouble. Do you all have a oreileys, try them and also pepboys. If non of them have it, you might try the hyperwhites.
Old 01-20-2004
Registered!!

ExOrCizT is an unknown quantity at this point
i live in sherman tx and my moms car's front turnsignal burned out the bulb was orange but we put in clear bulbs and the cops dont care.... i asked the DPS and they said aslong as it lights up and blinks they dont give a ****
Old 01-20-2004
Registered!!

yeh well the cops in college station are ****, my friend got a warning not long ago and they told him next time it will be a ticket ranging from $90-130. What is the bulb number for a 2001 honda civic dx? Thanks.
Old 01-20-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
http://www.7thgencivic.com/modules.p...howpage&pid=41

Bulb #'s ^

Hyper White shouldnt be a problem... But, Its always something a cop can add to a ticket if he feels the need to
Old 01-21-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Krepoort is an unknown quantity at this point
I got my amber bulbs at AutoDynamic.com. I forget what those silver bulbs are called, but you can just do what I did and paint the bulbs and save like $30.

-Kre
Old 01-21-2004
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
Kre-

where did you get the paint from to paint the bulbs? I bet that costed you $30

And what ARE the names of those silvery bulbs that turn amber when lit up?

Sylvania cool blue or something?
Old 01-21-2004
Premium Member

Just got some simple hi-temp paint from the autostore. "Dupli-Color Engine Enamel with Ceramic" 500 degree paint to be exact. Was maybe $4 for one of those big spray cans.

-Kre
Old 01-21-2004
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
That junk reduces output on the lights though right? I've seen many modded cars out there with their blurry lenses and half-assed weak almost-dead off color cleared light mods. Most of the time they are maximas and integras. Do you know what I'm talkin about?

Isn't there a $30 can of light bulb paint on ebay or something? I bet that's just the same ish as the high temp paint tho huh. Just gotta spray lightly not too dark.
Old 01-21-2004
Registered!!

Hey, i had a quick question about clearing the corners. Ok on the diy section on this website it doesnt mention using the oven to get the lenses apart, did yall do it the way they said it on this site, or did you put it in the oven so it would be easier to pry apart? Thanks.
Old 01-21-2004
Premium Member

Originally posted by armieo
That junk reduces output on the lights though right? I've seen many modded cars out there with their blurry lenses and half-assed weak almost-dead off color cleared light mods. Most of the time they are maximas and integras. Do you know what I'm talkin about?

Isn't there a $30 can of light bulb paint on ebay or something? I bet that's just the same ish as the high temp paint tho huh. Just gotta spray lightly not too dark.
Yeah. The output is a bit dimmed, but as long as you only put on a light layer, you can still see it blinking even during the day. I think it's worth it to have the whole silvery/chrome look.

Originally posted by Seabass
Hey, i had a quick question about clearing the corners. Ok on the diy section on this website it doesnt mention using the oven to get the lenses apart, did yall do it the way they said it on this site, or did you put it in the oven so it would be easier to pry apart? Thanks.
I used the oven to remove and reseal the lens. I just used the lowest temp and kept it in for about 7-10 mins.

-Kre

Last edited by Krepoort; 01-21-2004 at 09:53 AM.
Old 01-21-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Oven on low heat. Makes it much easier. I just left the stock clear corner bulbs in there. They light up an amber color.
Old 01-22-2004
Registered!!

lvc2 is an unknown quantity at this point
I believe the mirror finished bulbs that you mentioned are the APC Titan Series. I bought some from www.sounddomain.com. They come in quite a few sizes and colors. They are something like 5 or 6 bucks each. A little steep but a lot easier than painting bulbs yourself, IMO.
Old 11-16-2004
Registered!!

Asteroid is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Krepoort
I got my amber bulbs at AutoDynamic.com. I forget what those silver bulbs are called, but you can just do what I did and paint the bulbs and save like $30.

-Kre
Thanks very helpful, is there a an orange spray to make the clear bulbs look yellow? Thanks again.

Last edited by Asteroid; 11-16-2004 at 12:53 AM.
Old 11-16-2004
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
The light output is awful on those chrome coated bulbs.
Old 11-16-2004
Registered!!

Asteroid is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by gearbox
The light output is awful on those chrome coated bulbs.
it's not that bad I had them in my TYC tails, how bright do you want them to be??
Old 11-21-2004
Registered!!

StealthCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I want em bright as stock......
Old 11-21-2004
Premium Member

That won't happen. Amber bulbs are regular clear bulbs that are tinted, so you're losing output already. Then slap another layer of chrome on, and there's almost no light left compared to clear bulbs. I have leds, but they're not as bright as bulbs. At least they're the same amber color tho. The chrome covered bulbs give a dirty, dim amber when lit.
Old 12-16-2004
I want a TSX!

sevenplaces is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by lvc2
I believe the mirror finished bulbs that you mentioned are the APC Titan Series. I bought some from www.sounddomain.com. They come in quite a few sizes and colors. They are something like 5 or 6 bucks each. A little steep but a lot easier than painting bulbs yourself, IMO.
yes, these are the shizznit. I got some at a local shop in so cal. they are brighter then stock!