Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Suspension Upgrade package?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LXCivicNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Suspension Upgrade package?

Hi i'm new here and I have to say I have searched for information on this but couldn't find anything. I don't know if we can post links or not but I was looking at the "Ingalls Suspension Solution-Civic 03-05 (1.4" Drop)" on Dezod and was wondering if it was worth it, I mean I don't know if that can replace my current suspension.

I have a stock Civic but the suspension is crap my front right coil spring is broken and I need a new suspension, but would this work as a new suspension, it does drop 1.4" so does that mean I need to buy extra stuff because of the drop? The picture only shows one spring, I know its stupid but does it come with 4 springs?

It is under Complete Suspension Upgrade on Dezod so I don't know... Please help!
Old 12-12-2013
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Suspension Upgrade package?

post the link i ain't lookin that ish up.
Old 12-12-2013
Registered!!

http://www.dezod.com/pd_ingalls_susp...civic_0305.cfm

Sorry
Old 12-12-2013
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i mean yeah it would replace your springs but your still going to have your old and most likely blown shocks and struts. if your not going to replace your shocks and struts why wouldn't you just replace the one broken spring or just buy lowering springs ???

Last edited by lowlife9; 12-12-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old 12-12-2013
Registered!!

Ok so that kit doesn't come with the shocks? You think it would be wise to just buy the two front shocks and springs and struts instead of all four? Im just looking for the best bang for the buck way to get a new suspension as im tired of feeling every bump in the road, thanks for the reply
Old 12-12-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Like lowlife said its everything you need but the shocks, which depending on how many miles you have are probably blown so your ride may be bouncy. Mine was when I did just springs on 100k mile struts.

If your looking for a better performing suspension then that kit is a good start but you still need shocks/struts.
Old 12-12-2013
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lowlife9
i mean yeah it would replace your springs but your still going to have your old and most likely blown shocks and struts.
Yeah, it seems like kind of a waste. For a little more, you could get all 4 struts replaced with new springs. They would last you longer and you'd be happier with them.
Old 12-12-2013
Registered!!

the struts are on the front the shocks are in the rear. as for replacing just the front strut assembly thats your decision. choose wisely

Last edited by lowlife9; 12-12-2013 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-12-2013
Registered!!

rustycivic is on a distinguished road

Go for a different brand......Eibach, H&R, Neuspeed, or Tein. They should all run around $200ish for the springs.

Then pair those springs up with a set of good shocks. Koni STR.Ts would be a good budget choice.

With a mild drop, you won't need to replace anything else. Just remember to get the car aligned after installing everything.
Old 12-12-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,446 Likes on 1,201 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

replace front springs with some stock ones (new or used) and change the shocks to new Koni strt.
done
Old 12-12-2013
Registered!!

Much appreciated guys, I'll look into getting stock springs and new shocks, I really don't know anything in suspension
Old 04-17-2014
Registered!!

Ramcharger310 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know this is old, but looking just at the years, 03-05 is referencing the civic si hatch. I wouldn't get these regardless of the price.