7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Want all new sport suspension

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
motekeeper is an unknown quantity at this point
Want all new sport suspension

Can anyone recommend a full new sport suspension kit I could buy.
I don't want to lower and I don't want an air system or adjustable system.
Just want the ride to be tight, quiet, and to preform well on rough roads.
I guess it could be adjustable if that gives me a better ride.
I drive a 2001 Civic DX sedan.

Thanks
Old 11-28-2013
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Want all new sport suspension

I'm personally looking at a set of Tokico HP struts/shocks (aka "Tokico Blues") and Eibach Pro springs for a modest 1" or so drop. Since you don't want to lower your car, I hear the Tokicos are still good with stock springs. Just look around; there are a lot of people here who want what you want!

Last edited by Poopies; 11-28-2013 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Grammar Nazi'd myself
Old 11-28-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
motekeeper is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Poopies
I'm personally looking at a set of Tokico HP struts/shocks (aka "Tokico Blues") and Eibach Pro springs for a modest 1" or so drop. Since you don't want to lower your car, I hear the Tokicos are still good with stock springs. Just look around; there are a lot of people here who want what you want![/I]
Right-right! Wanted to also replace my 17" rims with 18's. Was looking online at both of those brands you mentioned. They look real good. Probably have to go with the adjustable ones. I'm in contact with a performance shop here in San Antonio about doing this. I told them I want the car to ride like new and I want all the bushings, ball joints, etc. all replaced with energy or sport aftermarket upgrades. I think I need camber kits too?
Old 11-28-2013
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by motekeeper
I think I need camber kits too?
That depends on who you talk to. Here's a suspension sticky:

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...ease-read.html

He recommends a camber kit, especially for drops over 1.25''.
Old 11-28-2013
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

wants comfortable riding suspension for rough roads puts 18 inch wheels on. can't explain that one.
Old 11-29-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

^ Just get 26s and skip the tire.
Old 11-29-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

to keep at stock height, best choice to firm up suspension is to change to tokico blues.
Second is to use adjustable height ones and set them at stock height (some have shortened bodies and might not reach stock height) but they should have stiffer springs and shocks that can handle springs. Anything below 800 bucks might not be a good choice...
3rd would be use slight lowering springs like the eibachs, paired with a good shock (tokico blues, Koni's)

18" - need keep tire OD or else it will rob torque. so, larger wheels will require shorter sidewalls. not a good combination for comfort. will not look too good without some lowering.