Go Back   Honda Civic Forum > GENERAL > General Honda Civic Forum Archive.
Register Forgot Password?

General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Welcome to civicforums.com!
Welcome to civicforums.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join civicforums.com today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-2006   #1
Registered!!

clementlo is an unknown quantity at this point
Airbag Light come on after disconnecting the battery.

Hi, everyone. I own a 2003 Acura EL, which is a CIVIC really. Today, I saw my battery Terminal is little dirty, so I decided to disconnect the battery and clean it.

I put the battery back and parked my car. At the time, I didn't notices my Air Bag light come on... I don't recall.

4 hours later, I start my car and go to work... and the lights come on and stay on after starting the engine.

I did a search in this forum and find a way to reset my SRS... the Airbag light come off now after I did the rest... I hope that will fix the problem... But I will drive it for a few days and see if this going to come up again.

So my question is can resetting your battery cause the Airbag light to come on?? Or can this really my airbag problem... Does anyone here had the same problem?

Thanks.

Last edited by clementlo; 03-12-2006 at 01:24 AM.
Old 03-12-2006   #2
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to all streetglower is a name known to all streetglower is a name known to all streetglower is a name known to all streetglower is a name known to all streetglower is a name known to all streetglower is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to streetglower
disconnecting the battery shouldnt cause the SRS or any other light to come on unless you have a problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFLYsi View Post
just got pulled over the other day for having JDM yellow headlights, the cop told me it was illegal to have yellow lights, only white, any comments on this. i was just sittin in my slab with trunk poppin and my candy paint drippin off my doors.
Old 03-19-2006   #3
Registered!!

clementlo is an unknown quantity at this point
Well.. it is more then a week after I reset my SRS Light...

Never come back on after...

So Yes, taken off your battery could cause it to goes off for no reason!
Old 03-19-2006
CivicForums
Honda Civic

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2006 , air , airbag , bag , battery , civic , disconnect , disconnecting , honda , issues , light , replaced , reset , si , srs