Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

Cop wrote my court date for mar 21 2004 any way I can get him on a technicality

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005
AKA Mr. 60ft. Not to be confused with Civic_Redline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Redline04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cop wrote my court date for mar 21 2004 any way I can get him on a technicality

I got a speeding ticket back in DEC. I'm overseas and this other cop I knew was supposed to get it droppped for me. Well that fell threw. My wife just told me the court day says 21 March 2004. Is there anyway I can get out of it on a technicality. Cause unless they invent a time machine there's no way I was ever gonna make that court appearance.
If I wait till I get back to pay or fight it will I be arrested? I am in the military and a legal resident of NY. On the ticket it says they will arrest you if you are a resident of the issuing state or something of that nature, so maybe I'll be safe? I just don't want this on my insurance. The ticket was tottaly BS anyway. 50 in a 35 at the beginning of afour lane highway, no one else on the road and one block away from where it turns into a 55. Just some rookie kid can I catch him on a rookie mistake with the misprinted date?
Old 03-22-2005
207 Mod is 10-8

kyle4583 is just really nicekyle4583 is just really nicekyle4583 is just really nicekyle4583 is just really nice
Doesnt sound like a BS ticket, you were speeding......anyway, if all th eother information is correct, and YOU KNOW you are supposed to show up in court you should or make an effort to contact the appropriate authorities where the ticket was issued. Do this to obtain a correct court date or let them know you are in the military to get the date changed. If you fail to show up they will issue you a warrant but it will most likely be extraditable within that state. You probably shouldnt blow the ticket off though.
Old 03-22-2005
AKA Mr. 60ft. Not to be confused with Civic_Redline

Redline04 is an unknown quantity at this point
well even after I told my wife just to forget about until I get back. Her being the nice caring wife that she is went down and tried to get the date postponed or pay the ticket. Well that couldn't happen because the lady told her it wasn't even in the system and it may just pop up some day??? WTF!!! Lousiana is ****ed up in every way!!! ANyway she gave them a copy of my orders so I'm covered if something comes up in the future. Hopefully it got lost in the system or something. My luck I'll catch a road block a few months from now and end up in jail because of a warrant out for me.
No wonder Louisiana schools rank 48th in the country. Yeah I was traveling over the posted limit, but in this situation the guy could have cut me some slack. You just have to see the location I'm talking about.
Old 03-22-2005
Ultimate Member

teampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant future
You also could have been driving at the posted speed limit. Trust me, being military won't do anything for saving your ***. Even if your HOME of residence is NY, while you are stationed in LA, you're STATE of residence is LA. Being overseas may save you for some time, but only if you find a lenient judge. They can still decide to put out a warrant for your arrest if they feel like it. Talk to your 1st Sgt. about trying to communicate with the courts back there. You really need to get it taken care of ASAP otherwise they'll be looking for you when you get back.
Old 03-22-2005
Balut Eating Champ

pnoyster2k1cvic is on a distinguished road
^^^amen to that! they can hold your court date until you get back if you wanted to dispute it... if I were you go to court and ask for lower penalty... make sure on a weekday that you know you are going to be working hard on the field so you'll be able to skip that day and chill at the court house
Old 03-22-2005
Ultimate Member

teampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant future
ha ha... good idea!