Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

Bumper Dent Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
italy273 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bumper Dent Pictures

i came home from college today and i was walking to the other side of my drive-way. I walk in-front of my civic and i see a nice dent in my bumber. It is on the lower part of the bumber but it is an eye-sore and it is noticable. I know i didn't hit anything b/c i alway back into sports and i wouldn't be as pissed if i did. I think a big trucks back-end of somebody's tail-pipe. I was planning on talking to the college.. If i go to the insurance and say a hit-and-run will my insurance go up? or should i just replace it with-out insurance? Also how much im i looking at for replacing it? Any other idea's on how it happened will be great b/c it is bothering my on how it happened, and nobody used my car but me.

Thanks,
Chris
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	front bumper.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	50376   Click image for larger version

Name:	bumper zoom.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	50377  
Old 03-22-2005
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
yeah some *** hole with a trailer hitch backed into it
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

nickm748 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ouch....im not sure about insurance,good luck
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

the thing is it doesn't look like anything have have seen on other cars....I have no clue
Old 03-22-2005
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
ouch
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

thoughthard is an unknown quantity at this point
Trailer hitch that low???
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

i don't mean to be an *** but if anybody that can answer my questions can you b/c i want to get this fixed soon nad i don't want to do the wrong thing. Any help comments and surgestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

Civic04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hit and run will fall under collision coverage it is a judgement issue made by the ins co if your rate will go up best thing to do is call and ask. if you dont have a bad driveing reccord it proly wont go up

Looks like the corner of a curb. I know you said you didnt hit anythig, but it might be tough to persuade the ins co that another car did that being that it is so low. could be an exhaust i guess but it would have to be sticking out really far in order for their bumper not to hit yours check your front bumper fpr hairline paint cracks if it has any that would sell it as hit and run for sure

Last edited by Civic04; 03-22-2005 at 07:20 PM.
Old 03-22-2005
Banned

MiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to all
You can't pop that back out?
Old 03-22-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
^^^ thats creased, theres no way you can pop that out with out cracking the paint, even so, it'll never come back out smooth. Thats too low to be a hitch. Honestly it looks like you ran over some sort of junk on the road. Anything that low probably isn't collision damage. You'd more than likely have more damage up high as well. I think you hit something, in which case you can file under road hazard if you have it, or just fork out the 500 or so for a new bumper and just take care of it (which may be less than your deductable covers anyways).
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
^^^

If you claim that on insurance, your insurance will rise, no matter what. That is everytime you file a claim, thats how they make there money. Just buy a new bumper and have it painted for around $500-$600, unless you have a cheap deductible and dont mind paying extra for insurance.
Old 03-23-2005
Banned

MiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by streetglower
^^^

If you claim that on insurance, your insurance will rise, no matter what. That is everytime you file a claim, thats how they make there money. Just buy a new bumper and have it painted for around $500-$600, unless you have a cheap deductible and dont mind paying extra for insurance.
Not always. I know my insurance will not rise as long as they do not have to pay more then $750 for an incident. That is my $500 deductable and $750 by them, I know because I asked them before. I have State Farm btw.
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

hey, thanks for information guys. I just got a quote from my buddy for $200. He said that he could pop it out, use bondo to smooth it out and re-paint the bumper. He said that no-body would be able to tell. Do you guys think that i would be able to tell? I also got a quote to replace and paint the bumper for 375-450 from him. I think im going to pop it and paint for $200. What would you do?
Old 03-23-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by italy273
hey, thanks for information guys. I just got a quote from my buddy for $200. He said that he could pop it out, use bondo to smooth it out and re-paint the bumper. He said that no-body would be able to tell. Do you guys think that i would be able to tell? I also got a quote to replace and paint the bumper for 375-450 from him. I think im going to pop it and paint for $200. What would you do?
I would personally pop and do some bodywork on it. It would be much cheaper that way, and wont be toooooo noticeable. You'll probably notice it yourself, but not too badly, as to where anybody should point it out. I have a bend in my bumper, its ok though. doesnt bother me. I back out of the driveway sometimes, and my charge piping, hits the ground, gets lifted into my bumper, and it gets bent up and out like 4 or 5 inches. its crazy, than it pops right back down, but you can see a slight bend in it.