Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

Need advice personal injury car accident

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01SOHCcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Need advice personal injury car accident

I was rear ended yesterday by a lady, her car exceeded more then $1000 in damages
right after the impact I got out of the car and right away I could feel my back pain, it was stiff and after the accident I had her pull off the road( we were on a busy street) and as I was driving with her following me my back pain was very incomfortable it pissed me off, I already have a left ankle problem(metal plate + screws) and now my back is not killing me but it definetly is bothering me because it will limit more things that I can not do. I got a police report and everything, swap insurance info etc

Anyways heres my question and I need some advice

I was reading numerous forums about rear ending accidents and personal injury claims, what I came up with is

A)Insurance companys low ball you on personal injury claims, as soon as you bring a laywer into the picture they will give you more times X amount.

B)Not to settle with a X amount for a while

C)Go to a family doctor, see a chiropractor PAY for my medical bills first hand, then send them to the insurance company and they will pay off the bill

thats basically all I know right now, I am so pissed off, I was hoping my back pain would go away this mourning but its bothering me to sh.it, I can't even sit down without it bothering the hell out of me.

So can anyone give me anymore advice on what I should do?
Old 02-02-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
just let your insurance handle it, thats what you pay them for. go to the doctor and just forward those bills to your insurance carrier. they have attorneys that represent you in these situations if you want a lawyer but just contact your insurance and let them handle your bills.

Injen
Old 02-04-2004
Registered!!

sean2sean is an unknown quantity at this point
too bad your not in california.

i work for a law office that handles claims like yours...

u should seek a law office to handle your claims.

if you handle it yourself you will end up getting less from the ins. adjusters.

if you seek a law office, sometimes they will provide you with a chiro....

you dont have to pay your bills first... u shouldnt... if u seek help from a law office... they will ask the hospitals put a lien on the claim until you get your settlement...

usually its 33 1/3 percent... all around... to you, doc, and law office...

shop around... see wut they say...

1g worth of damange? parts only? or total including labor? 1g of parts and labor is soso.. not too much of a damage...

you might want to get a few more estimates in... 2 or 3 is usally better then just 1.

if you only have soft tissue injuries... how much is your medical bills?

avg settlement check we get for meds that are 2g and 1g worth of p.d.... is prob around... 9k give or take... so 33.3 % all around... if you just claim it urself... they will want to pay u the least amount... maybe 2g... or so... and u have to pay ur own medical specials.

ive been workin here for about 6 months... with this firm... and ive handle about 50 claims... so im just speakin from my opinion and my experience from workin with this firm.

btw, watch out for firms that are small and look "suspicious"... sometimes they will "lowball" you. so shop around...

Last edited by sean2sean; 02-04-2004 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-23-2004
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

03Eclipse should not be trusted03Eclipse should not be trusted03Eclipse should not be trusted
I read over your claim, I'm a litigation adjuster and I handle claims like yours and more serious claims as well .... To be honest, Companies will offer you what is worth, if you get a lawyer, they will low ball you cause its your lawyers job to get a fair settlement, ... Insurance Companies do not like it when you get a lawyer.... the company will likely have to pay for a lawyer and you won't end up getting what you want .... And remember, if you get a lawyer, you get what you pay for ... There are tons of sh#t lawyers out there, be careful ... Make sure you have all your med docs to prove your injuries ... they are the most important thing to help your case, and your benefits file with your own insurance company will be a good tool to use to help prove yur injuires, your economic losses and wage losses (if any) ... If all you have is a whiplash, soft tissue injury then it may be worth while to settle on your own for your economic losses and "pain and suffering" ...

Last edited by 03Eclipse; 02-23-2004 at 02:27 PM.