Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

sound pollution laws in CA?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LiceLocket is an unknown quantity at this point
sound pollution laws in CA?

i dunno if i should've put this into ICE forum or not, but does anyone know how loud is loud for car stereo in CA? i heard that one of my friends' friend got fined for having his beat too loud, and he heard me play my beat loudly and told me to be careful. one other friend told me that the law was that if you can hear it 50 feet away, which i thought wasn't even that loud. i just got my new diamond tdx 12 in sub for only two weeks, and i've played my music loud when cops are around and nothing happened so far. is there any law that says how loud we can play our music, or was that cop just being a punk? i've really never had problems w/ cops w/ my music loud. is there a law for loudness in california, or do most cops just don't really care?
Old 09-07-2003
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
I always figured that anything loud and obnoxious past 11 in a residential zone was bad but at the discretion of the police.
Old 09-09-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
here its measured by a decible meter or if you can hear it more then 50ft away from the source

Injen
Old 09-09-2003
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
I went in today to pay a very long overdue light jumping ticket and asked about sound laws for cars..Apparantly there aren't any..here that is...
It's all up to the officer to determine based on what he/she hears or the number of complaints. Which explains why the fat *** down the road on his Harley doesn't get ticketed when he rides by at 3am every morning....
Old 09-15-2003
dKj
Registered!!

dKj is an unknown quantity at this point
in ca, nobody shud hear ur car from 50 ft away, no matter wut time of day it is. i got a ticket for having "excessive amplified music" and it cost $100 flat. it was a hot summer day, and i had all my windows open but my music wasnt even up that loud. stupid cop sed that he could hear my cars music from half a mile away which is bs