winter parts

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004
I have the OEM version of weight reduction. DX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EŽik will become famous soon enoughEŽik will become famous soon enough
Landin: Yeah man get the lip kit, even if the coilovers did go up in price, or you decide to go for a more "reputable" compnay, you'll be able to save enough to either pay for them in 1 shot, or at least have enough saved up for a nice douwn payment on a finance.

My spring projects are looking like this.

17" Konig HOLES!!!! you guys got me hooked!! I'm gonna do the aluminum look, like Landins.

haven't decided on rubber, but I'm leaning towards Yokohamas.

won't bother with lowering it right away, no point in throwing away 400 some dollars on neuspeed lowering springs and either get them to rust out, or blow my struts. So I'm going to save a bit of cash for the coilover kit as well.

I'm hoping the wheel gap won't look stupid retarded though.

prolly going to pick up some TYC projectors as well, and change the shift ***/boot. And I'm not going to get a short throw adapter.

blue NEONS!!!!! inside the ride is a must! I'll let Landin and Rob have fun with this one!

thats all I can think of for now.
Old 01-11-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

Big Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant future
c2i0: always good to hear that the turbos are working well. You put down some serious numbers and i agree that lots of people talk but dont post. Good luck with the tuning tho! Are u planning on doing any internal work to be able to up the boost a little more? Also did u find it hard piecing together a kit?

Dna: Yah thats true....lip kit it is...plsu ive been wanting it for soo long. Supposedly hayame is a reputable japanese company so im sure they are good quality...may not be the best, but wtvr...lip kit for now
as for the wheels those are gonna look clean as hell!! MM i cant wait till spring....the rides are getting so much nicer by the second...i just cant wait!! You could always buy tek's lowring springs. I dunno the wheel gap isnt stupid retarted...but it was bad enough to make me lower it...even tho i wanted coilovers in the end! But honeslt yur ride will be soo clean it wont be a big deal!!! One thing at a time!
as for the neons just buy them and well do the rest!! i love soddering!!

Last edited by Big Baller L; 01-11-2004 at 08:18 PM.
Old 01-12-2004
SuperMODrizd
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

C2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Big Baller L
c2i0: always good to hear that the turbos are working well. You put down some serious numbers and i agree that lots of people talk but dont post. Good luck with the tuning tho! Are u planning on doing any internal work to be able to up the boost a little more? Also did u find it hard piecing together a kit?
internal work, done that, "pistons", piecing together a kit wasnt all that hard as long as u know what u want and how to get it and from where
Old 01-12-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

Big Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant future
^^thats good...sleeve the bastard and ull be all set!! haha. Anyways hope everything works out for you!
Old 01-17-2004

well it's definate, I'll be getting Konig Holes 17" or Konig Verdicts.

can I please get people opinion on both of these, and whether I should get them in black opal or aluminum finish?

oh and both rims will be costing me only around 140 per wheel!!!
Old 01-18-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

^^ i like the verdicts better than the holes. And as for colour it depends on what style ur going for...if u get black then im guessing u will go the black silver route...(carbon hood, gunmetal headlights etc...)
Silver is nice and clean in mo opinion, but black looks really slick if u keep the same theme
Old 01-18-2004

mmm verdicts, I like those alot as well.

and the price! damn I can get some good deals in Feb!
Old 01-18-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

so what u think ur gonna do?? Black or silver?
Old 01-18-2004

Si2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really nice
I just got my Phoenix Gold amp to match my Pheonix gold subs ...im gonna install it next week @ my buddy's garage
Old 01-18-2004

player will become famous soon enoughplayer will become famous soon enough
how much power, what is the wattege ?
Old 01-18-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

yaya....i cant wait till spring....going to be sooooo much fun!!! i cant wait!!
Old 01-18-2004

Si2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really nice
4 OHM (sub has a built in blue LED light)
500W peak power
250W RMS power
30MM XMAX
Old 01-18-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

^^sweet....did u get from goldwing? What subs are you running? Also do u have upgraded speakers?
Old 01-18-2004

I got my subs from Stereo Plus and I got the amp off of my buddy which didn't want it anymore cuz he upgraded to two 15 inch JL's...and since he owed me $300 he sold me the amp for $200 (when the amp actually costs $900 at most stores). As for upgraded speakers...I still don't know what to get...I want to get a speaker/tweeter package (I was thinking Alpine type S) what do ya think?
Old 01-19-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

^^tahst sounds good...i mean anything is better than stock ones! So did you hook up the new set up or what? I still need to get a second 12 inch sub, but for now i think its loud enough!
Old 01-19-2004

^^ not yet but all I need Is the wires and I gotta make some more modification to the trunk with the custom box and get some more mirrors cut(It's gonna be a perfect fit) what kinda sub you lookin at?
Old 01-19-2004

WOW WOW custom box, please elaborate. thats is what imma gonna do in the spring, i will attempt to make some a custom fibre glass enclosure, if that fails, i want to make a new wooden floor with the sub in it and a glass box for the amp. plus a bunch of blue lights in there wont hurt.
Old 01-19-2004

I got mine made from MDF and it's all covered in black material...it's easy stuff to do although fiber glassing is some hard stuff to work with. As for blue neon lights, I don't need any blue LED's since all of em are built in my subs and amp (mirrors should reflect all of that)
Old 01-19-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

^^sweet...cant wait to see. I have a memphis studio 12 inch now and i just want another one!! But i think i need speakers first!!
Old 01-19-2004

you only have one sub? jeez man that's a pretty powerful sub! (last time I herd it )
Old 01-19-2004

I NEED a better fockin amp. mine is soo weak. do u guys think if i get a second decent one and just hook both of them to my sub, would it be loud?

because supposedly my sub is suppoed to be pretty loud, handels upto 800 watts. so the weakness is from my amp.
Old 01-19-2004

personally Sony isn't the best in mobile audio...If it was me I would just sell the amp and get a better one
Old 01-20-2004

well thats what i am thinking, should i sell it, and get like a 500 doller amp. or keep it get 250 doller one and just use the 2. and the second one wont be a sony
Old 01-20-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
All this talk about I.C.E is not helping me forget about the winter.

Just got through a series of emails with Roy from Silent Rage...hehe
Old 01-20-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

yah i only have one 12 inch with a new amp thats max is 1000 watts.
I love my memphis stuff...really high quality!
All i need is a new deck....i got a stupid sony one.
Player i agree with andrew...sell the sony if u really are interested in sound, they over rate there equipment soo much.
Realistically you're "800" watt amp prolly puts out closer to 300-400 max.
Anyone have good suggestions on a deck?
also if anyone knows how to tune sound id love some help. My new amp only really hits on the really low notes, i like the mid range bass also. What can i do to get it back?
Old 01-20-2004
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
so do any of you homo's know where I can install my parts onto the SiR?

I need a heated garage, preferrably with a lift/hoist type deal.

do any of you know a shop owner that I can go in and slam on my parts after-hours? It should only take about 4 hours total for everything I want to install.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Note: I can bring my own air compressor and tools if required.

thanks!
Old 01-20-2004

My garage will be wrm enough in july, you can use it then.

haha, your best bet would be to ask that question on redliners.ca, they would know
Old 01-20-2004

skiboard is on a distinguished road
ahaha Baller, yeah..Sony Mp-30 just suck.. I got same deck as yours lol
but I am planning to get TFT LCD + DVD player insted when I get chance.
Old 01-20-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Originally posted by tekgnosis
so do any of you homo's know where I can install my parts onto the SiR?

I need a heated garage, preferrably with a lift/hoist type deal.

do any of you know a shop owner that I can go in and slam on my parts after-hours? It should only take about 4 hours total for everything I want to install.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Note: I can bring my own air compressor and tools if required.

thanks!

Maybe at my dad's place...when were you thinking?
Old 01-20-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

ski:yah it really does suck...mine kills my cds and skips and ****...its just garbage...i dont think il buy sony again.
So does anyone know how to tune audio?
and i have no clue where u could get ur stuff installed...if u dont need a hoist u can use my garage. We should have an install day in the spring where everyone can put on the new stuff, and then we could go rollin'...that would be lots of fun!

Quick Reply: winter parts