Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Anyone Running a Boosted Em2 on Emanage?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I <3 My EM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone Running a Boosted Em2 on Emanage?

Just wondering if anyone is successfully running their d17 with reliablitly on an e-manage and how much boost and mods.

~Please dont mention k-pro or any of that, the topic is about emanage
thanks
Old 10-25-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Anyone Running a Boosted Em2 on Emanage?

Do you want the truth, bud?
Either get k-pro or don't run boost, it's that simple. Yes, it's expensive, but in the long run the cost will be no different than emanage or vafc, because you won't be paying to fix your car when it the ecu tunes around the piggy back and damages the engine.

The people who boosted on emanage could never get their cars to hold a tune well or run reliably, the gains were also a fraction of those seen with k-pro. If you must use a piggy back, because you absolutely must boost it on an insufficient budget, get VAFC. Even on VAFC it won't be that reliable though, xRiceboyx had a turbo kit installed and tuned on VAFC but took it off, because he could not get k-pro and it wasn't running well. BoostedEM2 ran one dyno session with VAFC, ONE, then bought k-pro because he couldn't get a good tune.
Old 10-25-2011
Registered!!

I <3 My EM2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Mindbomber, I'm just doing some research, im definitely gonna end up with kpro though
Old 10-25-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

The design of our ECUs is honestly the biggest difficulty with modding 7th gens, 6th gens can chip an ecu with chrome for $50 and have multiple tuning options, we need to pay $1000 and only have one choice. It makes building our engines a bit more difficult financially, but k-pro holds it's value on the used market ridiculously well, so that makes it a bit easier to accept..
Old 10-25-2011
Registered!!

2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice

really a VAFC??? HA......... you can run emanage or even aem fi/c with no problems. anything past 10psi Id recommend a standalone.
Old 10-25-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

I meant to say fi/c
Old 10-26-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

lets not also forget we have the AEM EMS...which is on par with the kpro...just about the same price as well.