Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

low boost bov?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the rough
low boost bov?

whats a bov good for low boost app? 8psi regular 12psi max. i was looking at the turboxs rfl but it states its good at 10-25 psi or would that not be a problem?
Old 01-09-2007
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
Dezod praises the tial bov and his kit comes setup for 5-6 psi so you might want to consider that too. Plus they sound sick as hell but I guess any bov would sound good being turbo lol.
Old 01-09-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
lots of BOVs have changable springs. Find one that does, install the low boost spring.
Old 01-09-2007
Registered!!

boosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the rough
sweet thanks. tial is on the list now. i was lookin at the hks ssqv as well, it says that by the way its designed it can handle any boost level without adjustment.
Old 01-10-2007
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
I really don't consider 8-12psi low boost. You could always cut the spring on the bov, but they could leak then. The hks ssqv is a real nice choice.
Old 01-10-2007
Banned

2k3civicSSM is an unknown quantity at this point
hks ssqv ftw
Old 01-12-2007

HyaBoosta will become famous soon enough
Greddy RS or Type S will work fine for that Only real big boost BOV is the Greddy Type R. at 10 psi it wouldn't budge on the softest setting
Old 01-13-2007
Banned

2k3civicSSM is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by HyaBoosta
Greddy RS or Type S will work fine for that Only real big boost BOV is the Greddy Type R. at 10 psi it wouldn't budge on the softest setting
i have a picture of your engine bay with the turbo in it <3 love it.
Old 01-13-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
lots of BOVs have changable springs. Find one that does, install the low boost spring.
Well TiAL has the option of 3 spring rates, but none have to do with boost settings. The spring is chosen based upon how many inches of mercurcy you pull at a warmed up idle.
Old 01-13-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by caquinde
sweet thanks. tial is on the list now. i was lookin at the hks ssqv as well, it says that by the way its designed it can handle any boost level without adjustment.
HKS SSQV came down in price, and is a good alternative.

Dezod Motorsports. HKS Super Sequential Blow-Off Valve-Universal fitment (for turbo applications only)
Old 01-14-2007
Registered!!

sweet. thanks everyone. i actually bought the turboxs type s bov. good for 1-12psi of boost, perfect jsut what i needed! only got it for 35 shipped too!
Old 01-15-2007
Registered!!

DUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura about
idk but i love my tial bov i got in the dezod v3 kit, it can be herd a few blocks away. in the car it sounds like it flutters but when drivein by and from a few blocks away its a loud pshhhh.
Old 01-16-2007
Registered!!

doesnt a flutter noise mean compressor surge?
Old 01-16-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
a lot of them will flutter open when there's not enough boost to force the plunger all the way open. Its not surge, its just not enough air pressure to force the plunger all the way up. You'll know when its surge.
Old 01-17-2007
Registered!!

because with my dsm bov that i am running right now, i hear the PSSSHHH then the flutter noise following the PSH. and when running partial throttle, approaching boost or in low boost all i get is a flutter and no PSH. i think i am getting compressor surge. the bov was crushed by the previous owner of it. i think he crushed it way too much because the nipple of the bov is actually pressed against the diaphram of the bov and angled upward about 5 degrees. i removed the bov and tried pressing the plunger/piston of the bov up all the way with a very decent amount of strength and it only went up lets say, 5 millimeters. i have the turboxs type s bov coming in soon though i just need to buy the adaptor for my flange to bolt it on. after finding this out i checked if there was any shaft play on the wheel of my turbo and its as stiff as it was when i got it , no shaft play. hopefully everything works out alright. thanks for your help everyone!
Old 01-18-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Change the valve. it may not be closing if the valve was messed up by crushing it. For cheap-sake, just put a stock 1G valve on it and see if it solves it.
Old 02-23-2007
Registered!!

nismostreets21 can only hope to improve
i used an eclipse 1g bov good upto 18psi and makes a nice fluttering sound
Old 02-25-2007
Registered!!

i was currently using the dsm 1gbov but mine was improperly crushed. i am now using the turboxs type s bov. works great and sounds sick. i would recomend it to anyone