Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Need to disable something in e-manage

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Need to disable something in e-manage

Emanage has control of VTEC right now and its holding the engagement point too high. I need to get the crossover back in the hands of the ECU so the valve opens when it should.
I'm thinking just cut the wire in the PNP harness, but I dont know which one to cut. If I cut the wire though, would that just prevent e-manage from modifying the signal? or is that going to break the circuit for the solenoid and keep it from opening all together?
Need the easiest way to deal with this... "shutting it off" in the support tool doesnt help, it just keeps the solenoid shut.

So what color wire in the harness needs to be cut, and would that actually do the job? If I need to connect that wire end to another one, what am I connecting (I assume there's 1 wire in and 1 wire out of the e-manage that would need to be linked if this is the case).
Old 01-05-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
I'm not emange expert, but I'd try to experiment with following and see if its going to work.

I'd rewire emange and bypass vtec all together. I'd rewire only vtec solenoid wire directly to Honda Ecu, just like it was done at the factory.

I'd think this will allow vtec to bypass emanage and be controlled by Honda ECU instead.
Old 01-05-2007
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
I thought the PNP harness doesn't even have VTEC wired in. I'll send you a PM tonight when I get home from work to show you my settings on my emanage. Also what version of emanage are you using? I'm using 1.49. If you have aim that would be better bc then I can just send you my parameter settings. Hope you get it worked out in the mean time.
Old 01-05-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Well thats what I said I'm trying to do ... but I think there's a wire into the blue box and a wire out. I don't know which ones to connect.
Old 01-05-2007
Premium Member

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
did you try to change the rotary setting to non vtec? Everything else should work as is and I'd assume that the ecu would still engage vtec.
Or just clip the vtec wire going into the harness and the one from the ecu and tie them back together thus eliminating the vtec signal coming from the Emanage.
Old 01-05-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Originally Posted by ronaldo9
I thought the PNP harness doesn't even have VTEC wired in. I'll send you a PM tonight when I get home from work to show you my settings on my emanage. Also what version of emanage are you using? I'm using 1.49. If you have aim that would be better bc then I can just send you my parameter settings. Hope you get it worked out in the mean time.
Its definitely wired in there because the last time we tuned it we were changing the engagement point through the support tool. The problem is that it wont let it drop far enough to work right.
Old 01-05-2007
Premium Member

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
missed my reply?
Old 01-05-2007
The only Wyoming Redneck on here

2002civicLX2002 will become famous soon enough2002civicLX2002 will become famous soon enough
i hear all about this emanage and how it is so good and sophisticated. witht hat said, isnt there a way to change when vtec kicks on in emanage? i would look into that, my next choice would to rewire it like u said an just run it into your honda ecu.
Old 01-05-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Originally Posted by XSRCivic
missed my reply?
Read the time stamps. YOu hit reply while I was typing.
Old 01-05-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Originally Posted by 2002civicLX2002
i hear all about this emanage and how it is so good and sophisticated. witht hat said, isnt there a way to change when vtec kicks on in emanage? i would look into that, my next choice would to rewire it like u said an just run it into your honda ecu.
There is, which is how I have it set right now. But if you read what I wrote, its holding it too high. Emanage modifies the voltage to the solenoid, thus engaging it on cue. Problem is the voltage can only be dropped so much, and the signal isnt working such that emanage will engage at 3200 like it should, it won't let it engage less at less than 5200, hence, I have a problem.
Old 01-05-2007
Premium Member

just rewire the vtec ecu wires back together, problem solved.
Old 01-05-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Originally Posted by XSRCivic
just rewire the vtec ecu wires back together, problem solved.
THANK YOU CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!!!!!!!!!!
Thats what I originally said.
But... the $64000 question... WHICH 2 WIRES?
Old 01-05-2007
Premium Member

Trace the wires going to those 2 vtec wires and presto! now wheres my $64000?
Old 01-05-2007
The only Wyoming Redneck on here

2002civicLX2002 will become famous soon enough2002civicLX2002 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
There is, which is how I have it set right now. But if you read what I wrote, its holding it too high. Emanage modifies the voltage to the solenoid, thus engaging it on cue. Problem is the voltage can only be dropped so much, and the signal isnt working such that emanage will engage at 3200 like it should, it won't let it engage less at less than 5200, hence, I have a problem.
o ok i understand now. go with what xsr said sounds like he knows what hes doing, and dont forget to give him his 64000.lol.
Old 01-05-2007
Premium Member

Just calm down sparky, its the green/yellow wire that you need to put back together. I assumed since you are pretty knowledgable with this stuff that you could of figured it out. Good luck regardless.
Old 01-05-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

I dont do wires.
And since I didnt have anything to do with wiring the harness, I have no idea what to cut and splice.
The Green/yellow wire is the VTEC wire into the ECU, I'm aware of that part... however.... all of the PNP harness wires are green, except the 16 that go to the blue box.... SO, of those 16 wires... there's either 1 wire that modifies the signal, or there's an IN and an OUT wire for the solenoid control. I need to know which one(s) of those need to be worked.
Old 01-05-2007
Premium Member

Its an in and out situation. Yellow is the IN Light Blue is the OUT. Clip those 2 wires from going into the emanage and tie them together. That will comlete the cicuit and essentially reconnect the ecu back to the solenoid without the emanage interfering.

This is difficult ro understand without pictures or being in person, I hope you get what I'm sayin.