Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Turbo installed.... now it won't even crank.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006
7th Gen Photographer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light
Turbo installed.... now it won't even crank.

The only things electrical related I touched were relocating my battery's ground wire to the unibody off the clutch hydro line bracket, unplugged this sensor on the top of the trans (to remove the aforementioned bracket) then plugged it back in, unplugged my O2 sensors to install the new downpipe then plugged back in, and plugged in Dezod's E-Manage harness.

Now when I turn the key, my dash lights come on (CEL, brake, Oil, Maint. Req'd, etc.) but not my fuel pump, radio or A/C blower. Then when I crank the key to start, there is no clicking, the lights don't flicker and it won't crank. I checked my battery - it's got a full charge. I also check my starter and it works too.

Now I do hear a soft clicking noise from the glovebox area. Is that coming from one of those two relays or something?

Anyway.. I've had my car sitting there trying to get it to start for like 4 days now and I REALLY need to get it back. It has been down for this install for like 3 weeks and I really need it back.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-09-2006
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light
sorry to hear about that logic, but have you checked your fuses?? i really dont know much but just a suggestion.
Old 12-09-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by filipinop1405
sorry to hear about that logic, but have you checked your fuses?? i really dont know much but just a suggestion.
Check your fuses.
Old 12-09-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Yup, I'll throw down it's the fuses
Old 12-09-2006
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light
All my fuses are OK. All the relays in the engine bay are OK. The 3 relays under the hood I can't get out to save my life so I can't check them.

The other question I've come up with is when I try and jump the low amp side of the starter solenoid, it won't turn the starter over. Is there some sort of interrupt?
Old 12-09-2006
Registered!!

Mike04Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
tried moving your ground back to where it was?
Old 12-09-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
One of the 2 relays in the glove box is the fuel pump relay (the one on the right I think). May want to make sure its properly seated, especially if you were wrestling with the ECU wires behind it, and say you cant tell if the pump is on or not.
Old 12-09-2006
7th Gen Photographer

I check both of those two and I can't get them out - but they are securely seated. The 3 relays under the driverside are the other ones I can't remove to check.

and...
Originally Posted by Mike04Civic
tried moving your ground back to where it was?
The bracket the ground was connected to held my clutch line to the transmission. That bracket had to be removed in order to fit my intercooler piping through there. I tried grounding to my trans mount as well as a hole in the sheetmetal. I stripped the paint off with a screwdriver.

Last edited by LogicWavelength; 12-09-2006 at 04:44 PM.
Old 12-09-2006
Registered!!

Mike04Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
just a thought
Old 12-09-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
well if you hear clicking, the relay is bad, regardless of whether its seated properly
Old 12-23-2006
Registered!!

Burnin_ruberv8 is an unknown quantity at this point
How your car??? did you fix it?? and what was it???
I'm intersted to know what caused this so turbo'ers don't fall in the same mistake
Old 12-23-2006
Registered!!

AllMotorSi is an unknown quantity at this point
check all your grounds, because what you are describing is exactly what happened to me. I took out my battery to clean my CAI and when I put it all back in my car wouldn't start. My dash lights came on and I also heard clicking from the glove box. Got it towed to honda and it took them 3 days to find out and 200dollars later that a ground wire was loose.
Old 12-23-2006
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
guys, he's already fixed that.
Old 12-23-2006
Registered!!

affixrider will become famous soon enough
hey if you are still having the problem, thwn i would check all of the sensors. after that the main problem would be the ground. the fuses should be the last thing if its still trying to click.
Old 12-23-2006
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
omg, do u freakin read? gzzz people, I JUST SAID HE FIXED THE PROBLEM GD
Old 12-23-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
^STFU IMA GROWN *** MAN I DO WHAT I WANT
Old 12-23-2006
Registered!!

Yeah we already know he fixed it... but we were wondering what caused it so we can learn from it...
Old 12-23-2006
Premium Member

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
Don't let your idiot friends help you make it worse.
Old 12-24-2006
Registered!!

lol no prob
Old 12-24-2006
Registered!!

I'm doing a turbo install the first time on ma friends car... so if anything get loose i'm the one to point at lool
Old 12-25-2006
7th Gen Photographer

Originally Posted by drew22mader
omg, do u freakin read? gzzz people, I JUST SAID HE FIXED THE PROBLEM GD
LOL Drew to my rescue. Yes, I fixed the problem. Here is a link to the thread describing the ordeal.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...ing-again.html