Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

World's Most Powerful d17-Check it out

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
Just out of curiousity andy, but what do you think about the rumors that the stock head will only hold 10-12 psi? and do you think that's on stock valves, springs, and gasket? cause if i understand what i'm reading, you're pushing 18psi on upgraded valves, springs, and gasket right? with no headwork at all?? what about a thicker gasket?

i hope to get in on dezod's group buy in january and work out the plan for boost soon after. pm me with your response plz.
Old 12-02-2006
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Traction is non existant. I can't hook up until 4th. As soon as I hit full boost I'm at like 250 whp and it keeps climbing steady.

I will hopefully be able to make it out to the track next weekend, we'll see. If I can get below a 12.9, I'll be happy for now, lol. Going to take some practice launching this thing.

Yeah Mike, cam and AEM EMS ftw! Hurry up and get that stuff so there's stiffer competition out there!

Up to this point, I was pushing 18 psi on completely stock head. Only thing was ARP headstuds. The only thing is, it isn't safe to raise the redline with a stock cam. And yes, I'm still running an OEM honda headgasket.

NO MACHINE WORK HAS BEEN DONE TO THE HEAD WHATSOEVER, STRICTLY CAM, SPRINGS AND RETAINERS, NOT EVEN UPGRADED VALVES! Lol

Last edited by andyman97; 12-02-2006 at 10:44 PM.
Old 12-02-2006
Wicked Pissah Admin
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Havok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant future
very impressive

nice flat torque curve, I'd like to see the a/f graph
Old 12-02-2006
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Something you guys are going to have to take into consideration is more than just the cam. The intake and exhaust manifolds are a huge contributing factor to the setup. Don't expect to use an oem intake manifold and log style exhaust manifold and yield these kinds of numbers....evey car is different.
Old 12-02-2006
Turbo Guru

Originally Posted by Havok2k1
very impressive

nice flat torque curve, I'd like to see the a/f graph
There isn't one. We tuned off of my wideband, so the logs are all from the AEM. I would have to take a screenshot and you would have to be familiar with the logging software to understand it. It's in the low 11's-mid 10's though.
Old 12-02-2006
Registered!!

Myika will become famous soon enoughMyika will become famous soon enough
<---- 18 psi on the stock head (port matched) FTW?!?!?

Andy, Im right behind you with the stock head ^^

But you will be in front until i can afford a cam.
Before the cam, i have something else hidden up my sleeve and you will be the first to see it andy. And no, its not nitrous or any sort of additive.
Old 12-02-2006
Registered!!

soldierboi will become famous soon enoughsoldierboi will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Myika
<---- 18 psi on the stock head (port matched) FTW?!?!?

Andy, Im right behind you with the stock head ^^

But you will be in front until i can afford a cam.
Before the cam, i have something else hidden up my sleeve and you will be the first to see it andy. And no, its not nitrous or any sort of additive.
its crack isnt it ? haha jk

but damn andy man thats crazy...good job bro!
Old 12-02-2006
Turbo Guru

I think I've got a good bit more in store much later down the road. The next mark is the 450 whp mark for me. It'll be with a gt3076r, 1,000 cc injectors, external injector driver, full port and polish job, all new ic pipes, bored tb, bigger intercooler, 3" open downpipe. That should get me to that mark, I think. Going to take some race fuel for this one.

Do tell Mike!

FTW=For The Win
Old 12-02-2006
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
So no more issues with that fuel pressure regulator? Any minor issues that went down that you forgot to mention or was everything pretty smooth for the most part?
Old 12-02-2006
Turbo Guru

Yeah, the issue with fuel was that I had an injector locked shut. Once I replaced it, the regulator was fine. I'm running a -6 line for feed and return with 750's and the fpr so fuel delivery is no issue anymore.
Old 12-02-2006
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
Did you balance and blueprint your crank?
Old 12-02-2006
Turbo Guru

Nah, crank wasn't touched.....
Old 12-02-2006
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
wow.
Old 12-02-2006
Registered!!

cj2185 is an unknown quantity at this point
wow, those are some sick numbers specially for a d17.
Old 12-03-2006
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
holllyyyy **** nice work
Old 12-03-2006
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
now post some videos
Old 12-03-2006
Registered!!

estebomb_ftw will become famous soon enough
Kill any STI's and Evo's lately?
Old 12-03-2006
Registered!!

DUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura about
good **** andy. glad 2 see it done as 4 now haha. im gunna be in the chase 2 get u also. i got my pistons the other day and the rods are on the way. im gunna do all my head work in a few months so it might be a lil while 4 me
Old 12-03-2006
Registered!!

mr.rowdy is an unknown quantity at this point
Good work andy i didnt think it was in our motor you proved me wrong
Old 12-03-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
I saw the title of D17, but still... Its hard for me to grasp such huge numbers on the D17. I agree on the videos, maybe you'll get your hands on some equiptment. Just run into some Highschoolers with a cam and say you'll bring them to the prom in your car or something if they make a video for you. I woulda made your video in a heartbeat when I was back in HS. Good job man.
Old 12-03-2006
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light
WOW, that is amazing! i know that you said the idle is worse but its worth it for the power that you are making. and i agree. but how much worse is it and is there anyway to fix it. man i hope that i see some kind of power like this when i turbo! if you dont mind me asking the specs of the turbo that you are running now? you can pm me if you'd like. keep up the great work andy.. now if dezod would make me an el manifold when i'm ready for it.. i'll be set!!! already talking to jdmfabtech about a future purchase for the intake manifold... so in due time!
Old 12-03-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
that's a beast
Old 12-03-2006
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
when do you hit full boost?
Old 12-03-2006
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
HOLY **** ANDY NO WONDER YOU CALLED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was passed out, Congrats dude i am so happy for you....
Old 12-03-2006
Registered!!

Valdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to all
WOW Andy that it something I didnt expect to see from a D17 Congrats.
Old 12-03-2006
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light
I just got your message Andy. Congrats man. Glad to see the infestation of those little car bugs has been stomped out, haha. If you still have that 57 trim on there making that power, I might not go as crazy with my next turbo. I'd be content with it somewhere in that area. I was hoping to see this post on the site, I've been watching, hehe.
Old 12-03-2006
Registered!!

Randyh will become famous soon enoughRandyh will become famous soon enough
Are you still using emanage? Or did you swap to a full ems?

Thanks
Randy
Old 12-03-2006
Registered!!

red_civic_boi is an unknown quantity at this point
yo..i called dis shop and they said if im buyin the stage 3 turbo i will get like 400 or 450 whp..is that sound right fro D17 ?
Old 12-03-2006
Jspek Inspired

aznstylez254 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by red_civic_boi
yo..i called dis shop and they said if im buyin the stage 3 turbo i will get like 400 or 450 whp..is that sound right fro D17 ?
your gonna need more than just that turbo. seeing as no one has hit the 400whp mark.

also congrats andy! give me sometime to play catch up, but i'll eventually get there.
Old 12-03-2006
Turbo Guru

Yeah Gery, still running the same turbo....you may not need a new one after all, lol.

I'm not going to answer the emanage question, it should be rhetorical.

WTF is a stage III turbo? Have you read any posts on this thread at all? If you had, you'd probably realize it takes alot more than just a turbo to make power.

Waiting on you Kenny Hit me up if you need any help.

Quick Reply: World's Most Powerful d17-Check it out