Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Dezod does it again....(V3 results are in w/ DYNO)

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by trurace
I think a T28 would be nice on a manual, while still making nice power and spools almost instantly. With our auto a fast spooling turbo might make the tranny slip. A t3/t4 spools a like 4-5k rpm and our tranny holds power in the mid range without slipping. Like dezod said too much torque down low would make the tranny "soup" very quick.

IMHO a GT28 BB would out perform a t3/t4.
CFM rates determine which will make more power. Out perform how?

Last edited by dezod; 08-08-2006 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-08-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the rough
Spool time, I just like fast spooling turbos that is why I said IMO.

Just wondering, why did you decide to go with T3's for the D17
Old 08-09-2006
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Spool time, I just like fast spooling turbos that is why I said IMO.

Just wondering, why did you decide to go with T3's for the D17
Civic are top end lackers HARDCORE. They need some upper RPM love from persay 4K up. So that is why. Esp the auto guys. The autos are dogs on a straight highway punch from 40, 60 or 80
Old 08-09-2006
Registered!!

trurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by dezod
Civic are top end lackers HARDCORE. They need some upper RPM love from persay 4K up. So that is why. Esp the auto guys. The autos are dogs on a straight highway punch from 40, 60 or 80
Yea, VTEC only does so much

This might sound really stupid so correct me if im wrong. I was talking to a friend of mine and me was saying, turbos are better on auto's because they hold their boost rather than releasing it between shifts like manuals do. Is this true.
Old 08-09-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Yea, VTEC only does so much

This might sound really stupid so correct me if im wrong. I was talking to a friend of mine and me was saying, turbos are better on auto's because they hold their boost rather than releasing it between shifts like manuals do. Is this true.
That is correct.
Old 08-09-2006
Registered!!

That is correct.
So from say 30-100mph a auto would have an advantage over the manual? (both cars boosting)

Also. I don't think anyone has asked you yet, but what is your pick for engine managment for the D17. E-Manage or PCS, and why? Does both systems have their advantages and disadvantages?
The numbers put down with thee PCS are very impresive, and for $600(with PNP harness) for an engine managment that is pretty close to standalone is a deal IMO

Last edited by trurace; 08-09-2006 at 02:02 PM.
Old 08-09-2006
7thgen Power Maker

So from say 30-100mph a auto would have an advantage over the manual? (both cars boosting)

Also. I don't think anyone has asked you yet, but what is your pick for engine managment for the D17. E-Manage or PCS, and why? Does both systems have their advantages and disadvantages?
The numbers put down with thee PCS are very impresive, and for $600(with PNP harness) for an engine managment that is pretty close to standalone is a deal IMO

Assuming all else equal: power, weight, driver, tune, octane, turbo, kit and all....The auto should win.

With respect to the EMS, I would go PCS all the way on the D17! Hands down.

E-manage Pros:
We all know how to use it
Proven to work for the most part
Settings and various tunes are publicized
Readily available
PnP available!

E-manage Cons:
data-logging kinda sucks
units are inconsistent
support tool is extra (without it makes it useless)
no target tune
no O2 sensor manipulation
no control over fuel pressure

PCS XFC Pros:
O2 sensor skew (prevent relearning)
Has a fuel pump kit that it can control
Datalogging is top knotch
Target AFR ratio (self tuning to an extent if you have a wideband)
Software included
PnP available!
Proven to work and work well on the D17 with a near stock feeling

PCS XFC Cons:
New to market--people still learning about it
Fuel kit not included
No timing adjustment--Throwing more fuel pressure helps eliminate dentonation

Cost break down:
E-manage:
Main Unit $300
Support tool $125
PnP harness $200
Pressure sensor $115
Pressure sensor harness $48
Total $788

PCS XFC:
Main unit w/ software $500
PnP $100
Map Sensor $50
Fuel Pump Kit $175
Total $825

In my eyes, the $37 difference is worth it's weight in gold. Not to mention PCS's tech support is 2nd to none. Unreal!!! GReddy could only dream to be that good.

We had an 11.5:1 tune on an IS300 and it was dentonating with the e-manage, and we had to retard timing.....

We had an 11.5:1 tune on an IS300 with the PCS, and it was not dentonating because we threw a bit more fuel pressure into the system and not a trace of dentonation. The higher fuel pressure causes for good fuel atomosation. Also, the partial throttle response between the units was not even close. The PCS drove like a stock turbo car.

+rep it up if this helped
Old 08-09-2006
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
cool! reped ya dezod!
Old 08-09-2006
Registered!!

Wow. Thanks Dezod that helped ALOT.

825 for EMS is a alot for a piggy back. $200 more you could just get a standalone. Isn't a Walbro fuel pump only like $105, and is the map sensor necessary?

Do you think that PCS is responsible for those numbers WilmncChris put down? Maybe a combo of your new kit+PCS? What do you think?

LOL sorry for all the questions
Old 08-09-2006
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light
Trurace, hey i do think that the PCS is a big part of why i put down good numbers. I mean if no ones ever tries new tunning products, we never move foward. I thought was this, Dezod is advancing their d17 turbo kits so why not go with a new fuel managment system that could possibly give me more than the usual setup.
Old 08-09-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
Wow. Thanks Dezod that helped ALOT.

825 for EMS is a alot for a piggy back. $200 more you could just get a standalone. Isn't a Walbro fuel pump only like $105, and is the map sensor necessary?

Do you think that PCS is responsible for those numbers WilmncChris put down? Maybe a combo of your new kit+PCS? What do you think?

LOL sorry for all the questions
No, last I checked the AEM EMS was around $1500. I havent even used the pcs but I already recommend it over the emanage lol. I hated that thing.

PCS XFC Cons:
New to market--people still learning about it
Fuel kit not included
No timing adjustment--Throwing more fuel pressure helps eliminate dentonation
You could use the emanage for ignition timing only and use pcs for everything else hehe. IF you gonna do that then might as well go EMS.

Last edited by XSRCivic; 08-09-2006 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-09-2006
Registered!!

army12bc will become famous soon enough
where can i get one????????????
Old 08-09-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by XSRCivic
No, last I checked the AEM EMS was around $1500. I havent even used the pcs but I already recommend it over the emanage lol. I hated that thing.

You could use the emanage for ignition timing only and use pcs for everything else hehe. IF you gonna do that then might as well go EMS.
AEM EMS is more than $1500!!

The timing adjustment is not needed if you add more fuel pressure from the fuel pump kit. Trust me from experience.
Old 08-09-2006
Registered!!

LOL nevermind I take back my previous post.
Old 08-09-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by army12bc
where can i get one????????????

http://dezod.com/cat_pcs.cfm

http://dezod.com/pd_dezod_motorsports_pcs.cfm
Old 08-09-2006
Registered!!

I thought the fuel pump kit was $175. It is $250 on your sitem, is the map sensor included? What makes PCS's fuel pump any different from all the other fuel pumps out there?
Old 08-09-2006
Registered!!

army12bc will become famous soon enough
what about the stuff that cost $825 and ECU and fuel system. what kind of fuel system do i need?
Old 08-09-2006
7thgen Power Maker

I thought the fuel pump kit was $175. It is $250 on your sitem, is the map sensor included? What makes PCS's fuel pump any different from all the other fuel pumps out there?
The $825 as a whole is the package price break down of the entire system. If you buy each individual piece for it, it comes out to more. The fact that it is controller soley on, off and pressure by the PCS XFC is what makes it different. It can be done versus boost, throttle position.....FULLY PROGRAMABLE!

Originally Posted by army12bc
what about the stuff that cost $825 and ECU and fuel system. what kind of fuel system do i need?
If you bought our turbo and the XFC, just scoop some used RSX Type S or RC eng 310cc injectors and hook 'em up and your done!

Last edited by dezod; 08-09-2006 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-09-2006
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light
Not lying the PCS is the way to go!!!! Hate to say it but spend the extra money you will like the outcome
Old 08-09-2006
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
how much canadian ????

must be an arm and a leg!!!!!
Old 08-09-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by _Viper_
how much canadian ????

must be an arm and a leg!!!!!
For the turbo system or PCS?
Old 08-10-2006
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
the turbo system of course

Man you are like a God on here
Old 08-10-2006
Registered!!

Logan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to all
Assuming all else equal: power, weight, driver, tune, octane, turbo, kit and all....The auto should win.
Old 08-10-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by _Viper_
the turbo system of course

Man you are like a God on here
Sure we can send it north of the boarder. Not a problem. The kit roughly starts at $3,585.28.
Old 08-18-2006
Registered!!

civiccontend34 has a spectacular aura aboutciviccontend34 has a spectacular aura aboutciviccontend34 has a spectacular aura about
D17 turbo

I noticed this new Chris kid put down some pretty amazing numbers from your new kit and awsome job. I am interested in getting a kit soon but realize I might aswell just wait until after winter as it would not be fun to get your new turbo installed in winter when it would be shitty out in Canada. Wondering how much you would charge to ship to Hamilton Ontario for the kit? Also is there no duties on these kits because according to NAFTA anything produced in the USA can be shipped tarrif free across the boarder and technically alot of hte kit is custom? if you could PM me that would be greatly appreciated.