Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Alright you motor heads.... I'M IN BUSINESS

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Grats, glad you got the major bugs worked out!
Old 04-28-2006
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
i envy you boiler.
Old 04-29-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
got a pic of the random tech cat?
Old 04-29-2006

supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
ITS DEFINITELY SUCKING

Holy crap... now I know why I put up with all this ****. Damn it scoots now. Computers touched up, new cat is in and we seemed to have found the issue. It wasn't clogged, but between the twin brick AND the sneaky 1.5" or so donut those ****ers snuck in the back side of the cat, it was corking the whole system.
Only problem is now there's some RPMS where the new one rattles a little bit in the tunnel (the random tech one is a little taller than stock). I need to pick up some of that stick on reflective heat stuff to use as a pad so I don't hear it, and/or get a stiffer hanger for the DP.
But DAMN its quick now.... and sneaky fast, it spools so fast it doesn't feel like it, but its quick enough to get in trouble without much effort.
No, I don't have a dyno number... we street tuned the computer glitch out.... it still pops a little lean (like 12.1 right around 6500) but the e-manage intervals are too big (there's a 10.9 that registers in the same adjustment cell).
Congrats man and welcome to the boosted family.
It took me almost a year to get all the bugs worked out it did sucked for awhile.
Tuning with e-manage is a pain. I use always have a code trigger by an internal barometric sensor inside the computer.
The getting lean sudently has to do with the stock computer adjusting fuel
-20/+20 is a biach.
I installed a 02 split second controler and it did the job although it was randomly geting rich this time instead of lean.
I usually let go of the gas and then on it again to reset the fuel trim.

I also have Digimoto software that aloud me to read and reset the codes and the new downloads also let's you check for new things.
www.digimoto.com
I installed AEM EMS and have no use for it now, let me know if you could use it.

Last edited by Supermex; 04-29-2006 at 07:17 AM.
Old 04-29-2006

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
thats awsome to hear, enjoy! and keep us updated if ya go dyno it again for any reason.
supermex whats a "02 split second controller"?
Old 04-29-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
great stuff man post your map if you can
Old 04-29-2006
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
Congrats on getting big problems solved!
Can you say: "Its dyno time now"?
Old 04-29-2006

supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ncirom2003
thats awsome to hear, enjoy! and keep us updated if ya go dyno it again for any reason.
supermex whats a "02 split second controller"?
the box on the middle of the picture below is connected between to the wires that connect to the primary 02 sensor and the computer.
http://www.splitsec.com/
It's function is basically reversening the signal ouput of the 02 sensor voltage so when the computer makes a correction to +20% fuel trim the box will reverse it to -20% tough keeping it closer to 0.
This continiously happens hundreds of times per minute.
Alouding you to have more control over the fuel trims mostly while cruising.

Last edited by Supermex; 04-29-2006 at 02:11 PM.
Old 04-29-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
.... so its like an O2 sensor skew?
Old 04-29-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
thats pretty neat, kinda like compensation for low throttle fuel trim calcs.
Old 04-29-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
^Dude that was like NASA speak I was reading that and I'm half asleep at work, and I was like WTFBBQ
Old 04-30-2006
Registered!!

jacky599r is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry. exactly which product is it? the fuel trim by the stock ecu sucks man. it robs power and ****.
Old 04-30-2006
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jacky599r
sorry. exactly which product is it? the fuel trim by the stock ecu sucks man. it robs power and ****.
Im pretty sure hes refering to ...

http://www.splitsec.com/products/esc1/esc1ds.htm

Old 04-30-2006
Registered!!

jacky599r is an unknown quantity at this point
ok.sounds good. thanks dude
Old 04-30-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
HA... badass, so lets just say I haven't exactly been "gentle" this weekend as far as fuel expense goes... and it averaged better than I've been doing without the turbo. 32.5 combined. Sweeeeeeeeet.
Definitely gotten a few WTF looks as I've been driving around with an ear to ear grin all weekend long. I need to re-work my shifting timing.... I'm pretty sure that I've been doing about 80 on every highway onramp all weekend in the same time it used to maybe make it to 65. I just can't believe how much it pulls in 4th.
Old 04-30-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
lol enjoy it
Old 04-30-2006
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
you have any updated pics
Old 04-30-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
have fun welcome to the boosters club
Old 05-01-2006
DONT PANIC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
glad to hear you are enjoying it!!! Thats the whole point, right?

I wish i were enjoying mine as much as you are yours. Im still frustrated as all hell. But ill fix it eventually.

So now you have to enjoy it even more to compensate, ok?
Old 05-01-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion

So now you have to enjoy it even more to compensate, ok?
You don't have to tell me that twice
Old 05-01-2006

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
hahaha, thats awsome that your still getting good gas mileage too.