Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

please help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hondadriver95 is an unknown quantity at this point
please help!!!!!

alright so i have a 95 civic ex 5 speed and am currently trying to get the thing on the road, heres the problem. the thing would turn over but not start so i bought an ignition coil and it started. its been sitting for like 4 years so when i started it i tryed to move it but the brakes were locked up so it stalled. i put the thing on blocks and took the brakes off. while all 4 tires were off the ground i started the car and put it in gear and the axel on the driver side wasent even spinning.i gave it a little spin by hand and it started to move but i could grab the axel and it would stop moving. this happened on both sides. i dont understand what happened. the day before everything was fine. can someone help me please
Old 07-12-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: please help!!!!!

A manual trans will allow the axles to turn with the engine running even while the trans is in neutral.

An open differential will allow one side to spin without the other moving.

Brake drag will make one side spin without the other.

All sounds normal to me so far.
Old 07-12-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Should he be able to stop the axle from spinning with his hand?
Old 07-12-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

As long as the opposite side is free to spin, then yes.

I run cars in the air all the time....engine running, in gear, wheels spinning....then I take a prybar hold it against the tread and stop one tire from spinning.
Old 07-13-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hondadriver95 is an unknown quantity at this point

alright i appreciate it guys. i just got alittle nervous, i felt like you shouldnt be able to do that. ill let you know what happins when its back on the ground