Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Help me with my loose nuts...PLEASE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chompondis is an unknown quantity at this point
Help me with my loose nuts...PLEASE!!!

I just installed my custom turbo kit about a 3 weeks ago. About a week ago I notice that the nuts that connect the downpipe to the turbo keeps coming loose. I would tighten it and a few days later it would loosen or pop off. the first incident actually was the one of the nuts that held the manifold on, that happened twice. after replacing one and tightening the other, the downpipe bolts started to loosen. I spoke to a few friend about it and everyone recommends to get a flexpipe and lock-tite all the bolts. Any help is appreciated. Do all you turboed people run a flexpipe? this every happen to anyone else? thanks in advance.
Old 08-03-2005
DONT PANIC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
use brass lock nuts. They work well.
Old 08-03-2005
Registered!!

Jeff is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes I would also recommend using a flex pipe.
Old 08-03-2005
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Flex is probably a good idea because the motor has been torqing & there is noting other than those bolts to absord it, so they are becomign loose.
Old 08-04-2005
Registered!!

thanks fellas for the reply. ill try brass nuts and a flexpipe.
Old 08-04-2005
Banned

MiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to all
the flange may be warped as well causing it to pull away and loosen the bolts on there
Old 08-04-2005
Its a celebration bitches!

HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
lets just think of a flex pipe as insurance
Old 08-04-2005

supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all
A flex pipe is necessary when boosting, the gyration of the turtbo and the torque of the motor's will cause your engine and turbo assembly to rock back and forward and slighty side to side as you accelerate and stop.

I'll say try the flex pipe, the brass bolts and lock tight (the red color) and see how that works.

If the bolts still come lose or brake, take the manifold and have it rectify at the flanges.

My manifold's flange connecting to the head was warped and caused the bolts to come lose after I fixed that I haven't had any problems.
Old 08-04-2005
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Lock washers, urethane motor mount inserts. Make sure you're using the right torque specs for the manifold. I've never used a flex pipe and have no problems.
Old 08-05-2005
Registered!!

thanks alot for the help guys, now i just have to find some time to do all that. All i gotta do is not skate for a day and all that should be done and done. thanks again for the replies.