Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

stage 2 na crower cam experience

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005
jky
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jky is an unknown quantity at this point
The 30-1070 is the first of these to be released. It supports vehicles that have swapped the following engines with manual transmissions only.

K20A2
K20A3
K24A1
D17A1
D17A2

These motors originally came from the USDM RSX Type-S, RSX Base/Civic Si, CR-V, Civic EX, and Civic DX/LX, respectively.

While the 30-1070 can drive these motors in the vehicles listed above, the EMS will not support the factory A/C Switch and Coolant Gauge that are driven by Honda's Multiplex System (Datastream/CAN Bus). Note: these chassis's have their own EMS part number 30-1030.

The 30-1030 will run all of the factory functions on the RSX Type-S, RSX Base/Civic Si, CR-V, Civic EX/DX/LX. This will be an iEMS where it will have all of the benefits of the 30-1070 EMS but will be "integrated" with the stock ECU so the Multiplex unit can run the Coolant Gauge and the A/C system. It is important to note that no EMS function is lost because of this.

30-1070
Advantage: Does not require 2 ECUs to be run in the vehicle
Disadvantage: Will not run 01-up Honda Multiplex System which drives the Coolant Gauge and A/C Input Switch.

30-1030
Advantage: Will run 01-up Honda Multiplex System which drives the Coolant Gauge and A/C Input Switch.
Disadvantage: Requires 2 ECUs to be run in the vehicle

FOR MORE INFO CHECK:
http://forum.aempower.com/bbs/index.php
Old 09-05-2005
Crawlin Similar To An Ant Low To Da Earth

Nokturnl has a spectacular aura aboutNokturnl has a spectacular aura aboutNokturnl has a spectacular aura about
Jeff st Streetlevelpreformance.com said the 30-1030 should be out mid sept. I am # 8 on list to get one...guess we will wait and see
Old 09-05-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
so theres a list. hmm,, I'll wait it out. I stil have to pay for the last bunch of parts I got. mid sept. sounds good. keep us posted.
Old 09-05-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
dam, i was all excited about getting a stage 2 (na or turbo if i buy a kit) cam put into the ex head i just bought, i was really happy but now im all worried about it,
cel's
really rough idles and the car bogging out unless you flutter the throttle.

eek!
maybe ill stick to a stage 1 idk.

keep us posted on news though. this is a great thread.
Old 09-06-2005
BOOSTED DOHC i-VTEC

stl01civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ncirom2003
dam, i was all excited about getting a stage 2 (na or turbo if i buy a kit) cam put into the ex head i just bought, i was really happy but now im all worried about it,
cel's
really rough idles and the car bogging out unless you flutter the throttle.

eek!
maybe ill stick to a stage 1 idk.

keep us posted on news though. this is a great thread.
That is because his car has no tunning. You have to dyno tune to get everything smoothing out. Plus a safc2/vafc2 is not good for tunning.
Old 09-06-2005
Crawlin Similar To An Ant Low To Da Earth

Nokturnl has a spectacular aura aboutNokturnl has a spectacular aura aboutNokturnl has a spectacular aura about
to tune it with out fighting the closed loop system the EMS is the ONLY system out there for this application. Otherwise you will at least get a cel light for trying to up the idle with the set screw (tried it). AND it will idle from 800 to about 1700 rpms back and forth till the stock ECU gives up trying to correct the signal your vafc/emanage is giving it trying to correct the other way. Emanage says "gimme mo more fuel" and stocker ECU says "wait a sec that ain't right take it out". Eventually the stock ECU will give up but not untill it makes your car sound bad. It does this cycle every time you stop at idle after driving......yup every stoplight home. And only EMS can change stock idle point.
Old 09-06-2005

well i just bought a turbo kit and i plan on running it at 10psi its got 2 extra injectors(incase that matters) and i was going to get the stage 2 turbo cam than maybe stronger internals and turn up boost to like 17. what electronics should i get? (i think ill need to get the vafc2 cus im swapping from lx to ex head.
Old 09-08-2005
Registered!!

meowdog is an unknown quantity at this point
hi, i have fitted crower stage2 cams into my civic04 EX. running on emanage and the check light comes on almost everyday. i adjusted the idle valve using the set screw...how do i adjust the idle set screw back to original settings? im sick and tired of the check light. but yet, sick of the vibrations the stage2 cams are giving me. yes, the gains from the stage2 cams are good. but the benefit does not exceed the costs and pain im getting.

would be trying out hks fconSZ to try to control the idle...any comments?
Old 09-08-2005

how low do the rpm's drop? (so i can get an idea of how the car vibrates)

IS everyone getteing these check lights everyday? cus i wont pass for my sticker if i have the light on. and im worried it wont pass emissions with the stage 2.
Old 09-08-2005
Registered!!

cwick187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not to go off topic, but has anyone had any expierences with the stage one cam??? It just makes me wonder if Crower even R&D'd any of these cams for our car...It was said that the stage 2 didn't cause any idle problems..Correct me if Im wrong
Old 09-08-2005
Registered!!

after adjusting the idle set screw, finally got it to idle at 1100rpm to about 1300rpm..it jumps about...w the headlights on at nite, there would be compensation and it would idle around 1400 to 1550rpm...

however, whenever im stuck at traffic lights for a long time, the rpm would slowly drop from 1100rpm til about 750 or sometimes even 650...the exhaust gets really lopey..sounds like a boxer WRX...but with lots of vibrations. i can feel it on my clutch pedal. it's really irritating. usually im not very **** about little vibrations or weird sounds but this time i've really lost my cool. the car just cant idle properly. even after resetting the ecu, the problem would surface within 2days.

does anybody have the same problem as me?
Old 09-08-2005
Registered!!

not sure about the US emissions, but after stage2, it definitely is very smelly...i had decat my car before installing stage2 cams...it wasnt tt bad...but when the cams were put in, woah...i cant even stand outside my car for a smoke when i warm the engine in the mornings. have to stand much further away.
Old 09-08-2005
Registered!!

anyone out there has tried the aem ems? can it really really solve the idle problem?

i'll be fixing my hks fconSZ next week. would do a feedback...
Old 09-08-2005
Touch it... He won't bite, He'll just come at you pretty quick.

Blahman240 is on a distinguished road
Give some good power? I want the race cam.
Old 09-08-2005
Registered!!

kezay is an unknown quantity at this point
Actually I have the same issue however I love the way it sound while idleing. The problem with the cam is that the ignition timing, fuel maps etc. desperately need to be dyno tuned also cam timing. Because I have in the stage 3, and every time that I reset my ecu the car run real sweet (pulls like crazy) but after like about 5 minutes the ECU goes into closed loop mode and it runs like **** (boggs, no power, idle's very bad, very difficult to rev past 6000 RPM etc) . So I have come to the only conclusion that the EMS is the only way that the cams will work like a dream.
Old 09-08-2005

bogging.......I HATE BOGGING with a dam passion.
i know this is an issue most probably dont care about, but how has your fuel usage changed?
whats the estimated mpg your getting while driving city conditions, driving normal most of the time but goofin off and hammering it when you get the chance.?
Old 09-08-2005
Registered!!

Gass mileage is pretty much unchanged but the car is running too too too too rich.
Old 09-08-2005

how can you adjust that?
Old 09-08-2005
::+::My Girlfriend is hot, but I'm still GAY::+::

yourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura aboutyourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
once you're done with your setup ... http://home.earthlink.net/~spchurch/...motivetesting/

arguably the best dyno tuner in the US
This where you need to go
Old 09-08-2005
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
Dont want to sound off beat, but in turbo d17 to fix idle (make it smoth and kill vobrations and blah-blah-blah....) we use "synopse missing link".
If some one can try it out with d17 n/a + stage 2 cam, I think this where the problem is....
Well if you dont try, you wont know.
This just a theory, so you cant prove it wrong without trying.
Also, CEL - use secondary o2 sensor simulator.
Old 09-09-2005
Touch it... He won't bite, He'll just come at you pretty quick.

Blahman240 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 03-Acura-1.7-EL
Dont want to sound off beat, but in turbo d17 to fix idle (make it smoth and kill vobrations and blah-blah-blah....) we use "synopse missing link".
If some one can try it out with d17 n/a + stage 2 cam, I think this where the problem is....
Well if you dont try, you wont know.
This just a theory, so you cant prove it wrong without trying.
Also, CEL - use secondary o2 sensor simulator.
this could be the answer, lets hope it is.
Old 09-09-2005
Registered!!

se7engen_riDe is an unknown quantity at this point
did anybody dyno their car with the cam on yet???????????
Old 09-10-2005
Registered!!

kezay, any idea if fcon sz can work too? cos there isnt anyone in my country who brings in aem ems and knows how to tune it. it runs rich in the low end/idling due to the overlap but in the high end, it is running quite lean. my mech suggested changing fuel pump to Evo7 and injectors.

i dun mind the lopey idling. it's the vibrations which is irritating the hell out of me. feeling the vibration at ur accelerator and clutch pedals; and if ur clutch is not released well, the engine rpm would bog all the way down to 650rpm and takes a split second of revving to get it up again.
Old 09-10-2005
Registered!!

meowdog the fcon is only designed to controll fuel however we need something to controll the ignition timing, raise the rev limiter, adjust the VTEC point, and also to controll fuel. The AEM EMS is the easiest choice for us. However the greddy e manage would be able to controll both fuel and the ignition timing but I have come to the conclusion that if I am going to but anything to tune my car I am going the AEM route. (Just do it right the first time around)
Old 09-10-2005

doesnt the e-manage also control vtec engagement rpms?
Old 09-11-2005
Registered!!

wborocivex is an unknown quantity at this point
kiiinda off topic,, but im lookin into just puttin the stage 1 crower cam in w/ an aem cam gear.. will this be safe and effective?
Old 09-11-2005
Registered!!

cwick187 is an unknown quantity at this point
No one has tried the stage 1 cam on here yet, that I know of...Go ahead and try it...Im thinking about it, but don't know when I'll be able to try it
Old 09-11-2005
Registered!!

Vantage should not be trusted
I think stage 1 is a little waist of time, maybe 5 whp gain? seems kinda not worth the $$. But does any1 have any Dyno's of a tuned stage 2?
Old 09-11-2005

^^ on the contrary, stage 1 doesnt need the springs/retainers and when paired with good I/H/E system it should show good gains you figure its 350 bucks and he might get 10whp thats 35 bucks per hp, thats good. and if he got e-manage to adjust a few things that would make it even nicer set-up. plus he probly wont have to deal with crappy idle, cel's left and right or other lil problems. and its only a few hp less.
Old 09-11-2005
Registered!!

wborocivex is an unknown quantity at this point
yeh this guy im'd me about a stage 2 camshaft with springs for 675.. but i just wanna get the stage 1 for like 380 so i dont have to worry about springs and ****.. they say u get 7-10 to wheels with taht soo w/e.. sounds good to me.. btw.. u guys know a good estimate of having a camshaft installed?

Quick Reply: stage 2 na crower cam experience