Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Parts for Swapped Cars

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005
Desperate Custom Swapper Speed Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vtecd17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Parts for Swapped Cars

So, with the al'mighty k20 swap nearing..sorta...I am looking at basic parts and stuff, such as Exhuast, Intake, whatever. Now I am pretty sure that if I wanted an intake for the engine, I would buy an Intake made for the rsx-s right? BUT, If I wanted an exhaust, would I buy it for the rsx-s, or for the 04 vic ex? Cause I'm pretty sure that the exhaust from the rsx-s and civc ex isn't the same going through the body ya know?

So bottom line, What parts would I buy to match the EX app, and what parts would I be looking at for the RSX-S app?
Old 01-30-2005
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
i guess just go with custom exhaust.....but i dont know thats just what i would do
Old 01-30-2005
Samoan<^>(-_-)<^>Power

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
krayziebonet4l is an unknown quantity at this point
you'll need an rsx exhaust cuz the exhaust on a k20 is located towards the firewall. you might also have to get it custom fitted to fit your exhaust pipes going to the muffler
Old 01-30-2005
Registered!!

doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
Originally Posted by krayziebonet4l
you'll need an rsx exhaust cuz the exhaust on a k20 is located towards the firewall. you might also have to get it custom fitted to fit your exhaust pipes going to the muffler
you will need a custom pipe. rsx echaust wouldn't fit for me.

i JUST put a CAI on my k20a2. was from a rsx type s. did not fit in at all. i ended up cutting about 8 inches of and working with it to get it to fot right. SI would prob. be a better choice, or so i hear. also, search on clubrsx about "thermal bypass valve". i broke part on mine and just have it taped off right now. common problem when installing an intake, andf the part is like 90 bux. could have prob avoided if i'd have read up on it

also i now have another common problem from AEM intake, my transmission keeps bonking into the intake pipe. again, SI one might eliminate this problem, i have tried moving stuff around a little, hopefully it will help. the forward gears (1,3,5) would not engage, now 1 engages, 3 slips out if i don't put it in good, and 5 just grinds. this may change, but that's how it is now

lil drunk, sorry for typing.
Old 01-30-2005

and suddenly...I don't want a swap anymore...That much stuff needs to be changed and what not to fit properly??
Old 01-31-2005

profuse007 is an unknown quantity at this point
read the sticky, everything are explained if not in great detailed.
Old 01-31-2005
Registered!!

doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
ok, i drove all day, and moved the intake around, 5th gear now fully engages. so aside from my excessive force, everything is fine. i have the TBV taped off for now, it's a cold weather helper that i really didn't even need. i might just permanently block it off, it's not neccesary.

you are concerned about installing an intake and not the swap? like i said, i used a type s intake. i knew it would be trouble, but i got it for $50 from a guy who went turbo. get an SI intake and you should be much better off.
Old 02-01-2005
Its a celebration bitches!

HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
yea when you put stuff in our car, our cars engine bay is the same as a si, not rsx, so si parts will fit better... so i think the jrsc will fit in our car, if its a si...
Old 02-01-2005

...But if you get the rsx-s engine, then how are you supposed to use Si parts? Are the fitments and stuff the same or something?
Old 02-02-2005
Registered!!

they are both k-series engines, the boltons will work the same
Old 02-02-2005
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
go to www.hasport.com
they have a DIY, parts list, and pictures for the whole swap
find the mounts and follow the links.
Old 02-02-2005
French ass K20a2 powered

Dark2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
About the Intake.. I'll put a Short ram...I'm sure it'll fit. For the exhaust, a RSX one don't fit.. you must go with a custom one or modify a EX one...

For more read the sticky topic or go to Hasport (the best information source about this swap)

If you want to have everything easy...don't swap in a EM2 :P
If you want power...swap it
Old 02-02-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
aem cai from an Si fits ... and I heard an injen fits as well ... aem v2 from an Si fits as well...
Old 02-02-2005

cool
Old 02-02-2005
Its a celebration bitches!

HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
arg... i have a rsx one sitting in my room..
Old 02-03-2005
Currently boosted at 0 psi.

ThsUserNmIsDumb is on a distinguished road
So how would si parts perform on an a2? Would they be the same? I thought prices for a type s intake would be cheaper than an si intake, but if they work the same, what would be the point? Fitment only?
Old 02-03-2005
Registered!!

performance should be close to the same. within a couple horsepower. i MIGHT have been able to make the CAI from the type s fit, but i didn't want to cut up my mud flaps. so i cut the intake.

like was said before, any SRI fits with ease. but won't give as big power gains. i don't know about the boxy setups (icebox, mugen), those might be a little tough. v2, there is a lot of room where that intake should go, i would guess it fits, but i guess we don't know till someone tries it for sure.

i'm wondering how installing the IMG will go now...that is one tight fit with the intake manifold and the radiator support, yikes.
Old 02-03-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
performance should be very, very similar ... since the only issue is fitment.

yes, I've heard mixed opinions on the img install ... 10 min - 3/4 hours ... who knows. when(if) I get my engine, I'm going to install it when it's out of the car ... ;P
Old 02-03-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
performance should be very, very similar ... since the only issue is fitment.

yes, I've heard mixed opinions on the img install ... 10 min - 3/4 hours ... who knows. when(if) I get my engine, I'm going to install it when it's out of the car ... ;P
good plan. i gotta get a magnetic blot catcher before hand, i know i'll need it if i don't. but it's such a simple mod, for a couple HP, just takes some time