Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

turbo or nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005
nor cal 7thgens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
allmotor can only hope to improve
you mean modacar? I didnt know they offered the kit that cheap.
Old 01-13-2005
Registered!!

04civicdx is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Originally Posted by allmotor
you mean modacar? I didnt know they offered the kit that cheap.
that is what it said and thanks for the info i am going n2o as son as i get some cash
Old 01-13-2005
im stock now! T.T

Civic_RedLine will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by EternalBlue_Vic
If you decide to go with nitrous....go with a wet shot, AND start with the lowest possible shot to gain experience, etc. Also, never spray in 5th, and always spray above 3000rpms.......and pray you don't miss shift with a WOT sprayer actuator....
Then again, I ran 80 shots for the first time with my Edelbrock kit. Im currently running 80 with no problems. Im still going to get the AEM UEGO to make sure everything is running good.

I spray on any gear as long is it is in wide open throttle.
Old 01-13-2005
Banned

thiscrackerntam will become famous soon enoughthiscrackerntam will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Civic_RedLine
Then again, I ran 80 shots for the first time with my Edelbrock kit. Im currently running 80 with no problems. Im still going to get the AEM UEGO to make sure everything is running good.

^^ good man
Old 01-13-2005
Banned

thiscrackerntam will become famous soon enoughthiscrackerntam will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 04civicdx
hay thiscrakerntam what is the diff from a safc and a safc2 and modcar has a nx kit for 565 is that cheap sorry about all the ? but i whant to know what i am getting my self in to and how much i need to save and thank you for all your help thiscrakerntam
the difference is the safc2 is more advanced.
Old 01-14-2005
im stock now! T.T

all nitrous kits are basically the same. edelbrock is complete. it also comes w ith pressure gauge.
Old 01-14-2005
Banned

^^how do u figure they are all about the same? All of them are designed to work differently in various ways...
Old 01-14-2005
Registered!!

Pb4uGo is an unknown quantity at this point

Having sold the UEGO may I reccomend that you DO NOT go with their product? The UEGO takes slower sampling rates than many of the other companies and he connectors break during install . Happened to me twice on customers' cars.

If you look at sampling rates and accurate range, the best currently on the market are the PLX Devices units. the read fully and accurately 10.0:1 -20.0:1.

Just food for thought... not to mention the PLX depending on options can be cheaper than the UEGO.
Old 01-14-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
check out honda-tech's sponsor market place afor some even cheaper prices for kits. 535 for zex or nx last time I checked.
Old 01-17-2005
Registered!!

b18c1boy is an unknown quantity at this point
hondata says if you are gonna spray anything over a 40 shot on a k you have to upgrade injectors and fuel pump.
Old 01-17-2005
im stock now! T.T

Originally Posted by Pb4uGo
Having sold the UEGO may I reccomend that you DO NOT go with their product? The UEGO takes slower sampling rates than many of the other companies and he connectors break during install . Happened to me twice on customers' cars.

If you look at sampling rates and accurate range, the best currently on the market are the PLX Devices units. the read fully and accurately 10.0:1 -20.0:1.

Just food for thought... not to mention the PLX depending on options can be cheaper than the UEGO.
mines is the single channel wideband. not just the uego. must be wideband if you want accuracy.

Last edited by Civic_RedLine; 01-17-2005 at 01:11 PM.
Old 01-17-2005
nor cal 7thgens

allmotor can only hope to improve
b18c1boy i have seen people shot over 40 on a k without any fuel system, but they would benefit especially with a 75 if they had a fuel return setup with injectors, fpr, fuel pump instead of the returnless setup stock
Old 01-17-2005
Registered!!

Pb4uGo is an unknown quantity at this point
mines is the single channel wideband. not just the uego. must be wideband if you want accuracy.
err thats what i'm talking about... the UEGO wideband...
Old 01-18-2005
Registered!!

DJ_NILOCIVIC03 is an unknown quantity at this point
man.....whats a VEGO???? I got a 50 shot NX on a LX and I think Its doing great....and I'm smoking hatchs with h22 and rsx-s.........but I don't know much about safc and a safc2....will my car run better if I put something like that? fuel pump? should I be able to get a better aftermarket fuel pump?...where?
Old 01-18-2005
Registered!!

oh and I got my NX kit from JEGS.com and it was like $585.00 some shops were pricing me about $800 for the same one!
Old 01-18-2005
Banned

^^with a safc, version 2 or not, you can tune on the dyno with it and yes it will run better. The only real purposeful way to add in a larger fuel pump is to make it a return system, but you dont need to do that because the NX kits are designed to work on stock fuel systems. Good start on the kill list.
Old 01-18-2005
Banned

Originally Posted by DJ_NILOCIVIC03
oh and I got my NX kit from JEGS.com and it was like $585.00 some shops were pricing me about $800 for the same one!
I got my NX kit from them too. I would recommend them to anyone, their service was top notch, plus you get free shipping
Old 01-18-2005
im stock now! T.T

man.....whats a VEGO???? I got a 50 shot NX on a LX and I think Its doing great....and I'm smoking hatchs with h22 and rsx-s.........but I don't know much about safc and a safc2....will my car run better if I put something like that? fuel pump? should I be able to get a better aftermarket fuel pump?...where?
its UE GO not vego. you dont really need a fuel pump. the UEGO will help monitor your air/fuel ratio. so you will know if ur about to detonate.its basically an accurate air/fuel ratio gauge that tells u the exact ratio unlike cheapos where they tell you o nly if you run lean or rich. you can check ur plugs too but id rather have a nice gauge.it means universal gas oxygen sensor. i doubt h22s and type-s will lose.

Last edited by Civic_RedLine; 01-18-2005 at 09:41 AM.
Old 01-18-2005
Registered!!

its UE GO not vego. you dont really need a fuel pump. the UEGO will help monitor your air/fuel ratio. so you will know if ur about to detonate.its basically an accurate air/fuel ratio gauge that tells u the exact ratio unlike cheapos where they tell you o nly if you run lean or rich. you can check ur plugs too but id rather have a nice gauge.it means universal gas oxygen sensor. i doubt h22s and type-s will lose.
ok....Man...realize how much hp and Torque RSX-S and H22s have at the wheels.....a 50 shot with a warm bottle makes about 100 torque and at least 60 hp!!! I tell man....I got both of them...same night!!!!infront of everybody!
Old 01-18-2005
Banned

. i doubt h22s and type-s will lose.
I think its possible for him to win against both.
Old 01-18-2005
im stock now! T.T

a 50shot should give you about 160 to the wheels without i/h/e
trust me man, unless you got alot of bolt-ons because they help alot, especially when you spray.
Old 01-19-2005
Registered!!

NashVegasEX is an unknown quantity at this point
I believe that he's gotten over on type-S's and h22s .... I personally have smoked 2 type s's in the same day and that was running a Zex 75 shot with no warmer or pressure guage .... And as for the "hope you dont misshift" crap, I was spraying on a run and hit a patch of wet asphalt and bounced of the rev limiter and absolutely nothing happened ( other than scaring the crap outta me ) .... I mean, I wouldn't do it just for fun but sometimes mistakes happen ... doesn't mean your car is gonna blow up ... I've been spraying for almost 2 years now and other than oil changes and a new battery, my Civic has never even seen the shop for any repair ....
Old 01-19-2005
Banned

^^people always pay so much attention to the hp numbers....what they dont think about is, when it comes to nitrous, its not all about the hp. Its about the torque. Nitrous gives you A LOT of torque, and its the torque that moves you down the track for the most part, not the hp.
Old 01-19-2005
Registered!!

like I said.....I don't know about others systems but NX on a dyno show that with a 50 shot doubles the torque in our cars! on the wheels! cuz I have a friend he dyno tested with and with out and he made like 105 wtq and then with 950 psi he made 203 wtq or something like that! with a 50shot!
Old 01-19-2005
AKA Mr. 60ft. Not to be confused with Civic_Redline

Redline04 is an unknown quantity at this point
like I said.....I don't know about others systems but NX on a dyno show that with a 50 shot doubles the torque in our cars! on the wheels! cuz I have a friend he dyno tested with and with out and he made like 105 wtq and then with 950 psi he made 203 wtq or something like that! with a 50shot!

That's exactly why I've decided to go NX instead of ZEX.
Old 01-19-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Redline04
So i don't understand why u doubt about me smoking type s's and h22s.....have u tried?....get the 50 shot and try it!!!!! the let us know....
Old 01-19-2005
Banned

Originally Posted by Redline04
I think I blew my head gasket which is probably my own fault, but I still say NX is the best.
Old 01-19-2005
Registered!!

Chris3k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
how much does install of a nitrous kit usually cost?
Old 01-19-2005
Banned

Originally Posted by Chris3k2
how much does install of a nitrous kit usually cost?
about $200, but if you cant install nitrous yourself you shouldnt being using it. Thats just my two cents.
Old 01-19-2005
AKA Mr. 60ft. Not to be confused with Civic_Redline

Redline04 is an unknown quantity at this point
So i don't understand why u doubt about me smoking type s's and h22s.....have u tried?....get the 50 shot and try it!!!!! the let us know....
Civic redline said it not me. I believe you, because there's a type-S here that runs the same times as me and I'm NA.If you can drive they shouldn't be a problem with a 50 shot.

Quick Reply: turbo or nitrous