Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Maxrev turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pedro Lopes is an unknown quantity at this point
Maxrev turbo kit

Hi how is everyone. I want to go with a turbo kit real soon. I'm looking at the maxrev turbo kit. I've searched the forums but I couldn't find anyone who had the kit on their car. If anyone out there is running this kit please contact me, I have a few questions for you. Thank you.
Old 10-18-2004
Boosting Daily

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the rough
i wouldn't suggest going with JUST the maxrev kit. They're fuel system is only an apexi controller. No extra injectors, no piggyback injectors, nothing to allow more fuel into your car. Maxrev turbo kit w/ boost controller running 8 psi= super lean= bye bye D17. If ya go with this kit i'd suggest getting RSX type S injectors, new fuel pump, return line, etc / or an SF fuel system.

As a side not, i'd suggest the TSI Extreme Turbo kit with a T28bb from Needboost.com
This kit is only 3,145.75 vs Maxrev's incomplete kit for 3,200. Given the Max rev kit does come with a T3 vs TSI's smaller T28bb. The T28bb spools faster and is basically the safest on daily driven civics, and for peeps not expecting to smoke WRX's and what not. This is the kit i'm leaning towards getting myself.

If money is no object to you and you're wanting a FAST civic then the maxrev kit with an upgraded fuel system, or just an SF kit would be best for you. But if you're like me where money is kinda tight and you just want a moderate amount of boost for a daily driven car then the TSI Extreme with T28bb or even the T25bb would be best

Comes with extra injectors, control interface block, turbo timer, etc
Old 10-18-2004
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
tru tru..i got a t28bb kit waiting to get installed..i gotta wait so i can get atleast a G for the install and tuning.
Old 10-18-2004
Boosting Daily

EternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the rough
i could be wrong but i don't there there's gonna be THAT much tunning involved with the TSI kit. The TSI kit is only moderate boost. Maybe a good hour or two on the dyno is sufficiant. But hey, when ya get it installed, drop me a line and tell me how ya like it!
Old 10-18-2004
Registered!!

By the way how much boost is the T28BB capable of holding. I believe its 15LBS of boost is the max right
Old 10-18-2004
Boosting Daily

up to 400hp i believe, i'm not sure how much boost that is. My guess is something like 20 but no ones gonna be able to run that much even on a built motor. My answer- enough! Haha. The difference between the T3 and T28bb is power. The T3 is used on applications where speed and high end power is the goal. The T3 is slower to spool but moves more air at the same set boost. The T28bb spools hella faster because it's a ball bearing turbo, given the bb. T3 spools up at around 3500rpms, while the T28bb at around 3000rpms, and lastly the T25bb at around 2250! The T3 is more efficent, but the T25bb and T28bb would spank a T3 on daily driving in my opinion. The T25bb and T28bb give way more low end torque, but only moderate high end power.....still more power though! All in all, its still a mater of taste/goals/and driving habits
Old 10-18-2004
Registered!!

I'm not too sure if I should get the turbo now or wait for the spring. I have the money for the kit, gauges, boost controller, But I live on long island, New York and it's starting to get cold. At the same time I want to be boosting soo bad. By the way does anyone know how difficult it is too install this kit, I'm guessing it's kind of like the SF kit. I know turbodiscounters.com has turbo installation videos but not sure if they have one for our cars. By the way thanks for the help EternalBlue Vic.
Old 10-18-2004
Registered!!

SODJAZERO is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the maxrev kit. Im happy with it
Old 10-18-2004
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Wow blue you learned alot from that last post we were all talking about, you sounds like me =) lol
Old 10-18-2004

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Oh,. well I'll post some more, there were some people that had fitment issues with the maxrev kit that involved it eneding up in the garbage =) lol. I would do alot of research and see what your planning on doing before you drop the change. Check out custom kits (if shops offer them) in your area, check out Dezods upcomming kit, check out the infamous yet power maker SF kit, the TSI kit, theres alot to check up on. As for the fuel tunning, I'm with Eternal, you better find something quick, I would go for something thats been proven like the returnless setup and some larger injectors.... just a thought, but keep it real man, because when you overstep the fine boundry of our engines, trouble is sure to follow
Old 10-18-2004
Boosting Daily

Talking

Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
Wow blue you learned alot from that last post we were all talking about, you sounds like me =) lol
Haha, yeah i have!! This site's got some great info. Plus i did alot of research on the side. Even learned about all the difficut things like differences in turbine a/r. Blah yeah
Old 10-18-2004
Boosting Daily

Only thing i'm not too sure about is how much of a power difference there is in a T25bb vs. T28bb exactly. I could possibly get a used T25bb kit for $1850!!! But i still wanna get the best which would be a T28bb, but for half the price i can get a friggin T25bb
Old 10-19-2004

T28.... that 25 is going to flatten out aroudn 6000 rpms bro, id def go with either the 28 or 3
Old 10-19-2004
Boosting Daily

/\/\ K!
Old 10-20-2004
Skyline R33

guns is an unknown quantity at this point
H-town boy has his kit for sale. It ran with me for the past year on and off the track. Look in the forsale section if you are interested.
Old 10-20-2004
Boosting Daily

Originally Posted by guns
H-town boy has his kit for sale. It ran with me for the past year on and off the track. Look in the forsale section if you are interested.
He's parting it out
T3 super 60 .48 a/r
Old 10-20-2004
Skyline R33

guns is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by EternalBlue_Vic
He's parting it out
T3 super 60 .48 a/r
Make him an offer for his complete kit. You never know. Also the only thing it needs is a wastegate and an intercooler. Both can be picked up easily on ebay.

T3-60 is what you need. At 8psi you will have 180-200whp.