Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Dezod Motorsports Turbo Kit! Now Shipping!! VIDS ON 979 & Pics, DYNO on POST 1330

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
I am getting two tranny coolers. I will find somewhere to mount them shouldnt be too hard. We did something simular to my friends Altima, well he did it and now im taking the idea.
Anyways I agree with everyone on dezods super tranny cooler. However, I am not going to boost 8psi daily ^.^. I was thinking more like 5psi...
Torque converter is not needed several other auto boosted 7thgens run daily 5psi for 2 years now and no tranny problems.
As dezod would agree the number one thing that will kill your transmission is heat. Its simply a tansmissions worst enemy.
also to let ya know I talk to zex alot and the number one thing that will go when we boost is our head. its weak very very weak.

Last edited by WhiteCastle; 08-10-2004 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-10-2004
Currently boosted at 0 psi.

ThsUserNmIsDumb is on a distinguished road
And how would we solve that problem?

I don't wanna have to replace my HG every time I fill up gas.
Old 08-10-2004
Registered!!

seijin_av is an unknown quantity at this point
i'd probably end up getting the higher end cooler just so my transmission doesn't eff up... i was also looking into/planning to get a torque converter... if i did that, would i really need to get such a high end cooler?
Old 08-10-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by seijin_av
i'd probably end up getting the higher end cooler just so my transmission doesn't eff up... i was also looking into/planning to get a torque converter... if i did that, would i really need to get such a high end cooler?
Still recommend it.
Old 08-10-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
wow, i just read this entire thead

Anywayz........you gonna include a check valve in the kit....ML ???

What for couplers and clamps are u gonna use? Please say silicone and T-Bolt clamps

What for oil return line.... steel braided or high temp rubber hose?
Old 08-10-2004
Premium Boosted Member

MadWheel will become famous soon enoughMadWheel will become famous soon enough
As far as I know the kit will include the synapse unit. But I could be mistaken.
Old 08-10-2004
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by civic01vtec
wow, i just read this entire thead

Anywayz........you gonna include a check valve in the kit....ML ???

What for couplers and clamps are u gonna use? Please say silicone and T-Bolt clamps

What for oil return line.... steel braided or high temp rubber hose?

Missing Link included
Silicon couplers
SS braided oil line
Old 08-10-2004
Registered!!

Civictuner04 is an unknown quantity at this point
heres another who cant wait.

Will u be selling each part of the turbo kit separately for those who hav started piecing there own together but want some of ur parts??? Thanks
Old 08-11-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by Civictuner04
heres another who cant wait.

Will u be selling each part of the turbo kit separately for those who hav started piecing there own together but want some of ur parts??? Thanks
Probably. The pieces may be rather costly though.
Old 08-11-2004
Registered!!

Civictuner04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by dezod
Probably. The pieces may be rather costly though.

eh oh well
Old 08-11-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Started the car. Took it for a quick test run and road tune. Slight error with TPS and the e-manage. No tuning done this far.
Old 08-12-2004
Registered!!

Alex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura about
Started the car. Took it for a quick test run and road tune. Slight error with TPS and the e-manage. No tuning done this far.
besides that, how did the car pull?
Old 08-12-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by Alex1
besides that, how did the car pull?
We were only running about 4 psi. [gradually inducing boost and tuning as we go] Felt good! Nice BOV sound.
Old 08-12-2004
Sometimes, I can see right through myself ...

taz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud of
We were only running about 4 psi. [gradually inducing boost and tuning as we go] Felt good! Nice BOV sound.
Showoff!

So are you guys set on this design, whatever it is? I'm wondering what the "final" kit will possibly look like. From the few teasers you've given us so far, it looks really good.
Old 08-12-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by taz757
Showoff!

So are you guys set on this design, whatever it is? I'm wondering what the "final" kit will possibly look like. From the few teasers you've given us so far, it looks really good.
Almost ready for pics. Just the first sound of a WOT BOV reaction is priceless and worth all of the time and effort.
Old 08-12-2004
Registered!!

meseetree is on a distinguished road
Almost ready for pics. Just the first sound of a WOT BOV reaction is priceless and worth all of the time and effort.
how true, how true.....
Old 08-12-2004
Sometimes, I can see right through myself ...

taz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud of
There's BOV on an AT?
Old 08-12-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by taz757
There's BOV on an AT?
better i have the crummy auto and I need that Woosssssshhh sound. lol
Old 08-12-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Yes sir. Still a BOV on an auto. When the tranny shifts, the system still reacts with add'l pressure in the line, and puuuuuusssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. BOV.
Old 08-12-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
Yes sir. Still a BOV on an auto. When the tranny shifts, the system still reacts with add'l pressure in the line, and puuuuuusssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. BOV.
ohhh yes!!!!!!!!
keep it up dezod
this baby wants your turbo
Old 08-12-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Thats one pretty baby. I'd love to supply one for that!
Old 08-14-2004
7thgen Power Maker

1st test fitment is done. Testing will begin today
Old 08-14-2004
Currently boosted at 0 psi.

ThsUserNmIsDumb is on a distinguished road
^ yay!

Good luck.
Old 08-14-2004
Registered!!

i love testing.
Old 08-15-2004
Samoan<^>(-_-)<^>Power

krayziebonet4l is an unknown quantity at this point
INCORRECT. Since when does a tranny control the TB???? You get the excessive boost pressure coming out of your BOV only when the TB is closed aka your foot comes off the throttle.
Old 08-15-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Testing went very well. Car is quite responsive. Starts buildign boost under about 30-40% throttle and 3500 or so RPMS. Halls *** all the way to redline like I thought. All in all......Excellent! No CELS. No Hick-ups. Slightly tuned for 6.5 PSI.
Old 08-15-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by krayziebonet4l
INCORRECT. Since when does a tranny control the TB???? You get the excessive boost pressure coming out of your BOV only when the TB is closed aka your foot comes off the throttle.
I know. That's what I said. His previous question was "Auotmatics still use BOVS?"
Old 08-15-2004
Samoan<^>(-_-)<^>Power

krayziebonet4l is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^NO, you said that when a auto tranny shifts, you get the BOV sound which is not correct.
Old 08-15-2004
I Am The Funky Monkey!!!

BausHaug is a jewel in the roughBausHaug is a jewel in the roughBausHaug is a jewel in the roughBausHaug is a jewel in the rough
I'm glad to know everything is working out as planned and still on schedule. Let us know how it works out. I'm gonna have to place an order if things are keeping up like this!
Old 08-15-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by krayziebonet4l
^^^NO, you said that when a auto tranny shifts, you get the BOV sound which is not correct.
You still get it. Trust me. The TB closes when shifts are made. Auto or manny. BOV sounds there or when you let off. Take my word for it, if I am building boost and the tranny shifts, it sounds. Or your letting off the gas. Either way........No sense in arguing over the obvious points.

Quick Reply: Dezod Motorsports Turbo Kit! Now Shipping!! VIDS ON 979 & Pics, DYNO on POST 1330