Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Dezod Motorsports Turbo Kit! Now Shipping!! VIDS ON 979 & Pics, DYNO on POST 1330

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004
xam
snooty patooty partier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by meseetree
Old 07-30-2004
x-factor

prototype is on a distinguished road
question.....if i buy the kit can i get it installed by you?
Old 07-31-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by prototype
question.....if i buy the kit can i get it installed by you?
We may be able to work something out.
Old 07-31-2004
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
oh damn...I may have to wait for this now...haha.

Sure it'll be more than worth it
Old 07-31-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
How much are you going to sell the kit for? I been wanting an alternative to SF with high quality parts for awhile Dezod. However anything in the 4,000 above asking range would seem extremely high to me. Just to give ya a scetch where ideal price might be.
http://www.dezodmotorsports.com/pd_c...kitrsxep32.cfm
ya that price for our vic might totally make me want a k20 instead! I dont even think its the right car but eh what I know. Ohh its a stage 2. Man what crank hp would that be?
keep up the good work Dezod!!! also get it carb legal it will give you the biggest edge on the market known to mankind! either way right price good parts I would buy!

Last edited by WhiteCastle; 07-31-2004 at 06:10 PM.
Old 08-01-2004
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dezod
2.5" would be ideal.
Sorry if this has been answered, I've read the entire thread before but can't remember what size turbo you are planning on using. Why would you say 2.5 would be ideal? I'd say that up to 7 lbs, 2.5 would be sufficient but if you plan on going past that, why not go with 3? The less restriction through the exhaust, the more power you will make. You lose efficiency and power from the turbo if there's too much back pressure. And I'm not sure if you'll be able to do this or not but have you considered making a dump tube that dumps to atmosphere instead of routing it back into the dp? That will make for even less restriction and more power.
Old 08-01-2004
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by andyman97
Sorry if this has been answered, I've read the entire thread before but can't remember what size turbo you are planning on using. Why would you say 2.5 would be ideal? I'd say that up to 7 lbs, 2.5 would be sufficient but if you plan on going past that, why not go with 3? The less restriction through the exhaust, the more power you will make. You lose efficiency and power from the turbo if there's too much back pressure. And I'm not sure if you'll be able to do this or not but have you considered making a dump tube that dumps to atmosphere instead of routing it back into the dp? That will make for even less restriction and more power.
For the turbo it is a T3. The downpipe comes normal 2.5" and the 2.5" exhaust would be a great match with no bottle neck effect. Open atmospheric WG's are stupid loud and highly illegal. So, that is why our dump tube goes into the DP.

As far as size of exhaust 2.5" exhaust will still give some low end, and not make your car a low end slug. Not only that, but 2.5" will support up to 500HP, which a 7thgen will never see.
Old 08-01-2004
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
For the turbo it is a T3. The downpipe comes normal 2.5" and the 2.5" exhaust would be a great match with no bottle neck effect. Open atmospheric WG's are stupid loud and highly illegal. So, that is why our dump tube goes into the DP.

As far as size of exhaust 2.5" exhaust will still give some low end, and not make your car a low end slug. Not only that, but 2.5" will support up to 500HP, which a 7thgen will never see.
Fair enough, but....
The dump tube is only really illegal in smog states. My car could be a "track only" car, lol. It'd be a nice option to have available.

Sure, a 2.5" will support 500 hp, but slap a 3" dp and open ehxaust on and depending on the amount of hp you're pushing, you will have a significant gain. Again, a nice option to have. As far as sluggish low end goes, you're not going to be launching your car outside of boost anyways so as soon as you launch, you should already be at least at 3 grand, right where the turbo should be spooling and starting to make boost anyways.

As far as a 7th gen never seeing 500 hp, I wish I had the money to prove you wrong, lol. It can be done if you have the money to do it right.

But I think it'll be a great kit overall, don't get me wrong. I think the reason alot of people go custom is due to a lack of options and from a business/sales point of view, the more customers you're able to accomodate, the more sales you'll have, the more money you'll make.

Last edited by andyman97; 08-01-2004 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-01-2004
Registered!!

HoldDaMayo is an unknown quantity at this point
I like the fact that with the 2.5" my car will still have a bit of torque for driving around town... but it's true, a kit can never have all the options a custom setup will...
Old 08-01-2004
Turbo Guru

Best I could find was 445 whp on a d16 on Honda Tech. You're looking very close to 500 bhp. And I guarantee you he isn't running a 2.5 exhaust. No reason a d17 can't see similar/better numbers, no reason whatsoever.
Old 08-01-2004
Registered!!

I see a reason.... money... for the money it would cost to be able to get a D17 running 500hp that person could have swapped in a K series engine and turbo and got more horsepower, more displacement, and more potential for about the same amount of money...
Old 08-01-2004
Turbo Guru

Originally Posted by HoldDaMayo
I see a reason.... money... for the money it would cost to be able to get a D17 running 500hp that person could have swapped in a K series engine and turbo and got more horsepower, more displacement, and more potential for about the same amount of money...
Ok, it's very obvious that you have no idea what you're talking about. How much would a full k series swap cost? A minimum of 5,000 for the motorswap alone. You aren't going to hit 500 hp on a stock k series bottom end so you're going to have to do the same bottom end work you would on a sohc. Plus the same amount of money on a turbo kit. So, basically, it's going to cost you an additional 5 grand (at least) to get the same amount of horsepower. Do you have any idea what kind of money it would take to get a single into that kind of power range?
Old 08-01-2004

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
Make it smog legal Dezod go for it and I will love you!!
Old 08-01-2004
Registered!!

Ok, it's very obvious that you have no idea what you're talking about. How much would a full k series swap cost? A minimum of 5,000 for the motorswap alone. You aren't going to hit 500 hp on a stock k series bottom end so you're going to have to do the same bottom end work you would on a sohc. Plus the same amount of money on a turbo kit. So, basically, it's going to cost you an additional 5 grand (at least) to get the same amount of horsepower. Do you have any idea what kind of money it would take to get a single into that kind of power range?
sorry to sound so newbish... but my point is:

Take an RSX Type S and a 7th gen civic with a goal to build 500 HP... you're telling me it would cost the same amount of money for each project? I believe due to the availability of K20A2 parts, Hondata, and the fact much more work has been done on this engine, that 5 grand your talking about to get a K20a2 in the civic is made up...
Old 08-01-2004
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Dude - we know you know stuff. This isn't the thread to debate it. Take it some place else.....
Old 08-01-2004
Turbo Guru

I've done the math. To get that kind of power out of a d17, It's going to run you around 8 grand into the engine alone (it comes to just under 7 g from parts I've looked for.) That includes a full aem ems, return fuel system, sleeves, pistons, rods, headwork, ex head swap and full transmission build. Everything you need to get that motor to handle that amount of power.

Then you're looking at a custom turbo setup that will run you about 3500 max if you do a little research and check for parts (you could do it for closer to 2500 if you really tried.)

Don't think it will cost the same amount on a k20a2? It will be at least that, if not more...in fact, cybernations' kit runs about 10g for turbo setup and engine build, if I'm not mistaken (probably much more than that by now.) If you price out the parts separately, it would probably cost you a bit more for the same parts. And my estimates for the civic are VERY conservative compared to the pricing I've done.

So we're comparing about 9g on the civic to at least 10g on the rsx. How much did you pay for your civic? Mine came to 12,500 before tax. How much do new type s' cost? 25,000. So why would you pay an additional 12,500? Nowhere near the same cost.

Maybe next time you should do a little bit of research before you debate so you have something to debate about instead of throwing out inaccurate guesses.

Sorry to hijack your thread, dezod.
Old 08-01-2004
Registered!!

yeah, I can tell you're real sorry... haha... show me your 500hp civic then I'll give you your props... until then, you don't have any ground to stand on, purely speculation, just like my own guess...

I'll stop posting on this subject in this thread as well, I realize this is the wrong place...
Old 08-01-2004
Turbo Guru

Originally Posted by opto_isolator
Dude - we know you know stuff. This isn't the thread to debate it. Take it some place else.....
You're right, I agree. But until you are a moderator, don't tell me what to post and where to post it, k? I have just as much right to debate about inaccurate info as anyone else. If people didn't want to debate, then they should not be posting misinformation to get called on it. And that's the reason I usually don't post here. There is so much misinformation posted all over this board, it's ridiculous. People who don't know the first thing about engines are talking like they are professional race motor builders and it gets annoying.
It also is irritating to hear that a 7th gen civic will never hit 500 hp. Another completely inaccurate statement. And I think I've already shown why it's inaccurate. Anyways, HolddaMayo, if you can't make sense of my previous post, you obviously don't know enough about cars to have any clue what it costs to modify a car beyond a basic turbo kit. Try to do some research next time, kthxbye.
Old 08-01-2004
7thgen Power Maker

You're right, I agree. But until you are a moderator, don't tell me what to post and where to post it, k? I have just as much right to debate about inaccurate info as anyone else.....It also is irritating to hear that a 7th gen civic will never hit 500 hp. Another completely inaccurate statement......
Ok. I understand your point, but if you'd like an open dump, and 3" downpipe, we can accomodate your request without a question. However, NYS where the kit will tested primarily is becoming a CARB monitored test with $31 annual inspections, which include a sniffer test.

WIth respect to to my comment on the 500HP 7thgen, I just don't see it being feasible spending $10K on a 7thgen to make it THAT fast. Some may see it, but 500 WHP on a front wheel drive car is not that great of an idea. Too hard to harness it and control the car. RWD or AWD make far better candidates. Hence, the 350Z, STi, EVO 8.......And for the extra $10k you spent on the 7thgen, you could have bought one of these.

Last edited by dezod; 08-01-2004 at 08:40 PM.
Old 08-01-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
You're right, I agree. But until you are a moderator, don't tell me what to post and where to post it, k?
Hi, I'm an Administrator and I'm telling you to debate it elsewhere. This isn't the basis of this thread.
Old 08-01-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by Pharoh
Hi, I'm an Administrator and I'm telling you to debate it elsewhere. This isn't the basis of this thread.
Thanks Pharoh.

No offense to you andyman. This thread is merely question & answer. Just info.
Old 08-01-2004
Wicked Pissah Admin

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Havok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant future
Thank you Pharoh, you beat me to it....
Old 08-01-2004
Jam out with your clam out.

abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
Originally Posted by Pharoh
haha OWN3D
Old 08-01-2004
Registered!!

kevin78 is an unknown quantity at this point
any word on the battery issue yet dezod or still working on it ?
Old 08-02-2004
xam
snooty patooty partier

xam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura about
well ust got back from a grueling day at work and wanted to stop by and say i love http://www.dezod.com/ if i have enough for a type-s motor by the time u get the turbo out, i might go with the type-s but turbo comes out...well depends its some time till it comes out and i got ADD so i change my mind alot. w00t
Old 08-02-2004

Dezod os the man carb legal kit!!! woohooooooo. Now I got to keep updated because this looks like the kit for me!
Old 08-02-2004
Registered!!

meseetree is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by WhiteCastle
Dezod is the man carb legal kit!!! woohooooooo. Now I got to keep updated because this looks like the kit for me!
totally agree

lol don't know why but whenever i see this i laugh
Old 08-02-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by kevin78
any word on the battery issue yet dezod or still working on it ?
Still workin on it. Lookin good as to keepin it where it is.
Old 08-02-2004

First of all…good choice on the HKS I/C, I saw an article where they were doing testing on the WRX STi with different I/C cores, and the HKS came out on top.

Good choice on the BOV and wastegate. Excellent choice on the e-manage, this is probably too early to ask, but will it be controlling the ignition and injector duty cycle?

All these high quality components are pricy, and members on here need to understand that a kit of this quality will be 4 grand minimum.

Also, don’t be disgorged to use I/C pipes from cheaper materials, aluminum is grate, but expensive and a bitch to weld, while if you use Aluminized Steal you can keep cost down, at a cost of 5lb…

Lastly, will you have choices on the turbo charges?
Like different trims, A/R, ball bearing upgrades, water cooled.

What about using a smaller turbo, or will the mani flange wont support it, I would like to use a T25 or T25/T28.

One more thing, the battery relocation will be a nightmare, and make the kit less attractive (to me at least). I have subs amps and caps in the trunk…please use that as a last resort.

Last edited by WhiteCastle; 08-02-2004 at 11:36 AM.
Old 08-02-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by WhiteCastle
First of all…good choice on the HKS I/C, I saw an article where they were doing testing on the WRX STi with different I/C cores, and the HKS came out on top.

Good choice on the BOV and wastegate. Excellent choice on the e-manage, this is probably too early to ask, but will it be controlling the ignition and injector duty cycle?

All these high quality components are pricy, and members on here need to understand that a kit of this quality will be 4 grand minimum.

Also, don’t be disgorged to use I/C pipes from cheaper materials, aluminum is grate, but expensive and a bitch to weld, while if you use Aluminized Steal you can keep cost down, at a cost of 5lb…

Lastly, will you have choices on the turbo charges?
Like different trims, A/R, ball bearing upgrades, water cooled.

What about using a smaller turbo, or will the mani flange wont support it, I would like to use a T25 or T25/T28.

One more thing, the battery relocation will be a nightmare, and make the kit less attractive (to me at least). I have subs amps and caps in the trunk…please use that as a last resort.

The customer MAY have some choice in turbo size. Mostly T3 though. Maybe a T28 here and there.....???

A/R choice for all of the turbos will be there. BB is always an option, add $500. The I/C piping is from Mild Steel, which can be painted or powder coated by the customer. Very easy to work with (cutting & welding), and cheaper than aluminum. The E-Manage will just be offered as the manin unit. Additonal harnesses are not included. So the only functions that MAY be able to be controlled are VTEC & Airflow with the main unit. Ignition & Injector functions require purchase of those harnesses.

The HKS I/C's are VERY efficient and provide excellent quality for a bit cheaper than Spearco. Availibility on them is better too, in comparison to Spearco. The HKS BOV is an excellent BOV, which works great and leaks minimally upto 18 PSI....That is why we chose that.

The Wastegate, TiAL is the way to go. BEST WASTEGATE ON THE MARKET. HANDS down! That is why we chose it. Excellent quality, materials, components and performs the same time and time again.

As it looks right now, the battery will remain in the engine bay.

Quick Reply: Dezod Motorsports Turbo Kit! Now Shipping!! VIDS ON 979 & Pics, DYNO on POST 1330