Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Dezod Motorsports Turbo Kit! Now Shipping!! VIDS ON 979 & Pics, DYNO on POST 1330

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2004
nor cal 7thgens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
allmotor can only hope to improve
dam hope this turbo kit goes through cause i may just save and get this instead of swap
Old 06-27-2004
Premium Boosted Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

MadWheel will become famous soon enoughMadWheel will become famous soon enough
trust me it'll go through... the only question as to how soon... Dezod's def motivated in getting this thing done, more so than any other project affiliated with the business.
Old 06-27-2004
Custom Titles are played out

RiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura about
can I ask why, madwheel?
Old 06-27-2004
Premium Boosted Member

MadWheel will become famous soon enoughMadWheel will become famous soon enough
He owns a 7thgen himself... And he only wants the best quality put onto his car. So he has to make his own kit, not finding what he was looking for.
Old 06-27-2004
Registered!!

HoldDaMayo is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't wait for the full kit to be available... I'll be one of the first to purchase and install it...
Old 06-28-2004
Custom Titles are played out

RiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by MadWheel
He owns a 7thgen himself... And he only wants the best quality put onto his car. So he has to make his own kit, not finding what he was looking for.
Awesome, maybe this will spark some R&D into the 7thgen engine.. Good Good..
Old 06-28-2004
xam
snooty patooty partier

xam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura about
I cant wait for the turbo kit to come out, dezod u are the greatest vendor in the world
Old 06-28-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Yeah thanks a ton guys! If this venture succeeds, we will be offering an exhaust system for the 7thgen as well as possibly a full 4-2-1 style header.
Old 06-28-2004
9K Redline Owns U

Spider883 will become famous soon enoughSpider883 will become famous soon enough
I am glad to see a good company/person we can count on finaly making a kit
Old 06-28-2004
Registered!!

slappyhoohah will become famous soon enough
well im planning on going turbo very soon.
your kit seems like the one to get... i guess we'll just have to wait and see
Old 06-28-2004
Registered!!

truehonda has a spectacular aura abouttruehonda has a spectacular aura about
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DEZOD, awsome to hear
Old 06-28-2004
Wicked Pissah Admin

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Havok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by dezod
ETA for completion is 04/05.
Thats a year away.......

Last edited by Havok2k1; 06-28-2004 at 10:57 AM.
Old 06-28-2004
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Havok2k1
Thats a year away.......
Yes it is. I want all of the bugs to be worked out before public release. I don't want a half assed product.
Old 06-28-2004
Registered!!

that's the kind of answer i like to see from someone customizing a system that will completely change the dependability/reliability of your car... nobody likes to wait... but as the saying goes... "good things take time"
Old 06-28-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by HoldDaMayo
that's the kind of answer i like to see from someone customizing a system that will completely change the dependability/reliability of your car... nobody likes to wait... but as the saying goes... "good things take time"

EXACTLY.
Old 06-28-2004
7thgen Power Maker

UPDATE on the Intercooler that belongs to the kit:

Today we are nearing the end of Intercooler Selection. For a while were evaluating several cores from all over the place: Blitz, GReddy, HKS, Spearco......But we finally have it narrowed down to 2 possible cores....HKS or Spearco. Any preference. Note that selection of one may cause variation in the end price of the kit to you, the end user. Spearco is more expensive than HKS...
Old 06-28-2004
You boost, I-VTEC

Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
Yes it is. I want all of the bugs to be worked out before public release. I don't want a half assed product.
see now that is what someone who takes pride in their products says
Old 06-28-2004
xam
snooty patooty partier

xam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura about
UPDATE on the Intercooler that belongs to the kit:

Today we are nearing the end of Intercooler Selection. For a while were evaluating several cores from all over the place: Blitz, GReddy, HKS, Spearco......But we finally have it narrowed down to 2 possible cores....HKS or Spearco. Any preference. Note that selection of one may cause variation in the end price of the kit to you, the end user. Spearco is more expensive than HKS...
u got any pics, test results, pricing? well i think hks would be prefferably better for the average consumer, but like me and u i want the best in performance and maintance in a big investment as a turbo, so go with the most reliable
Old 06-28-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by Xam
u got any pics, test results, pricing? well i think hks would be prefferably better for the average consumer, but like me and u i want the best in performance and maintance in a big investment as a turbo, so go with the most reliable
No pics. No test results because the kit is not entirely complete yet. Pricing on each unit will vary. The HKS custom core w/ cutom end tanks will be approx $475 included in the kit. The Spearco custom core w/ custom end tanks will be approx $600 included in the kit.

The HKS will be approx: 5" H x 15" W x 2.5" D supports XXHP. (HKS wasn't clear on specs),

The Spearco will be approx: 7" H x 18" W x 3.5" D supports 450HP, pressure drop @ 10psi is less than 1psi, an average 80% efficiency @ 10mph.
Old 06-28-2004
xam
snooty patooty partier

No pics. No test results because the kit is not entirely complete yet. Pricing on each unit will vary. The HKS custom core w/ cutom end tanks will be approx $475 included in the kit. The Spearco custom core w/ custom end tanks will be approx $600 included in the kit.

The HKS will be approx: 5" H x 15" W x 2.5" D supports XXHP. (HKS wasn't clear on specs),

The Spearco will be approx: 7" H x 18" W x 3.5" D supports 450HP, pressure drop @ 10psi is less than 1psi, an average 80% efficiency @ 10mph.
ooo SPEARCO sounds soo good, please use that one
Old 06-28-2004
Sometimes, I can see right through myself ...

taz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud of
You can almost pretty much count me in on this kit. I need some speed, and pretty bad too.

dezod, one request, more or less - Is it going to be possible to keep the cost of the kit below, say, $4000? Honestly, anything more than that for a kit for a Civic is pretty crazy. Just my opinion.
Old 06-28-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by taz757
You can almost pretty much count me in on this kit. I need some speed, and pretty bad too.

dezod, one request, more or less - Is it going to be possible to keep the cost of the kit below, say, $4000? Honestly, anything more than that for a kit for a Civic is pretty crazy. Just my opinion.
Trying to keep it under $4K, but you have to consider all of the extras your going to get (EBC, plugs, gaskets, FATT, Gauge, EMU....)
Old 06-28-2004
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
damn Paul, if you can keep it under 4g's with all that you listed EBC included. that would be bad ***.
I say in the sprit of keeping costs down to earth, do the HKS one. It is not a bad unit by any means, and I do not believe the spearco one to be 125 bucks better in the end. Keep it up bro
Old 06-28-2004
Sometimes, I can see right through myself ...

taz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud of
Trying to keep it under $4K, but you have to consider all of the extras your going to get (EBC, plugs, gaskets, FATT, Gauge, EMU....)
If you can do all of that, include the electronics and everything, and keep it under $4k, I'll come *uNF* you man. Seriously. That'd be too fckgwing if you do.
Old 06-28-2004
7thgen Power Maker

HKS states that their unit will support 400HP, and have a less than 1psi pressure drop.
Old 06-28-2004
7thgen Power Maker

The HKS will be approx: 5" H x 15.7" W x 2.5" D supports 400HP,pressure drop @ 10psi is less than 1psi, an average 80% efficiency @ 10mph.

The Spearco will be approx: 7.125" H x 18.5" W x 3" D supports 450HP, pressure drop @ 10psi is less than 1psi, an average 80% efficiency @ 10mph.
Old 06-28-2004
Registered!!

are you doing any testing with automatics? Will you be offering any kind of tranny cooler option or anything?
Old 06-28-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by HoldDaMayo
are you doing any testing with automatics? Will you be offering any kind of tranny cooler option or anything?
Auto's will have an option for the auto cooling package, which will be $200 more and include some real nice goodies.
Old 06-28-2004
7thgen Power Maker

After debating with the engineers and being on the phone with Spearco, we have decided to use HKS for the intercooler.
Old 06-28-2004
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
some of you guys forget when he says one year, if that was SF that would mean them telling you it would only be 6 months 1 year aint bad if its a good quality and ships when its said it will. Hell if its all promisses that come true then it HAS to better then the other option for turbo kit keep up the good work and i for one look forward to its arival. I was thinking about later this summer/fall about getting one from that other company, but hell if i order it this fall it will ship about the same time your finishing up on your kit.............hmmmmmmmm i think ill wait and see

Quick Reply: Dezod Motorsports Turbo Kit! Now Shipping!! VIDS ON 979 & Pics, DYNO on POST 1330