Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

question..

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004
Cocky guys kick ass!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura about
question..

people on here build custom turbos for our cars, why hasn't anyone built a custom supercharger? i was just kinda wondering. it might be a dumb question, i duno?
Old 05-17-2004
Registered!!

ZdS03Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Spider883 (guy with the SC Si) said that there will not be a supercharger for our car from any big names like Vortech, Jackson Racing, etc. As far as custom goes, I have no idea.
Old 05-17-2004
Cocky guys kick ass!

Cocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura about
i know that no big company has plans to build one, i was just wondering why there haven't been any custom ones. hm. i work for a guy that owns a performance shop, maybe i should ask them about making me one.
Old 05-17-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Someone said something about there not being enough room between the block and the firewall to fit a roots-type blower. I'd believe it considering the manifold runners pretty much fold over themselves back there. As far as a centrifugal blower, the pulleys are on the left side of the engine, and theres no room over there to mount the blower. So you need to pull something out like Comptech did with the Accord kit and run a supercharger driveshaft across the engine bay. Its a pain in the ***, its complicated, it requires an incredible amount of precision since the shaft needs to end up perfectly straight between the blower and the pulley. To go through all that trouble isn't worth it. It'd be expensive and wouldn't have a huge market considering the accessibility of cheaper turbo parts.
Old 05-17-2004
Cocky guys kick ass!

bah. i need to trade my car for a Lexus, Mercedes, or 95' Supra
Old 05-17-2004
9K Redline Owns U
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Spider883 will become famous soon enoughSpider883 will become famous soon enough
there is no room for a roots style sc .. you could do a custom centrifugal sc but loose the a/c