Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

K20 and turbo swapped into Civic

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Texas Rice is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 05-11-2004
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

poor jaysun will become famous soon enoughpoor jaysun will become famous soon enough
Thanks
I heard you should be able to get around 265 hp N/A
Old 05-11-2004
Registered!!

NoBottleJustThrottle is an unknown quantity at this point
Hytech is getting around 300whp, and they are still adding more. There is huge numbers with the K20 with either NA or FI.
Props on the turbo, I know it will be fun. The K20A2 alone is fun. Its good to see someone doing it right this time too. Getting the Quaife LSD and all. I see too many people on clubrsx.com getting the turbo kit and they are like "I have big HP, but Im still not going fast, whats the deal?" TRACTION!! So to you. Cant wait to hear how she runs.
Im gonna do another K20 swap soon. Im thinking about doing the K24/K20 hybrid. Building the K24 to withstand the 8000rpms that the K20 head likes, and get some boost on it with either a supercharger, or a turbo. Torque much? I'll keep everyone posted.
Old 05-11-2004
nor cal 7thgens

allmotor can only hope to improve
i cant wait until i get enough money to do the swap and go na
Old 05-11-2004
Registered!!

acesfull is an unknown quantity at this point
man your my inspiration! as soon as i get my house and a garage to do some work i'm going to put some money down on a rsx engine. problem is i cant find a type s around. i see plenty of the regular rsx motor so i'll prolly go that way unless i get lucky.
Old 05-11-2004

poor jaysun will become famous soon enoughpoor jaysun will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by NoBottleJustThrottle
Hytech is getting around 300whp, and they are still adding more. There is huge numbers with the K20 with either NA or FI.
Props on the turbo, I know it will be fun. The K20A2 alone is fun. Its good to see someone doing it right this time too. Getting the Quaife LSD and all. I see too many people on clubrsx.com getting the turbo kit and they are like "I have big HP, but Im still not going fast, whats the deal?" TRACTION!! So to you. Cant wait to hear how she runs.
Im gonna do another K20 swap soon. Im thinking about doing the K24/K20 hybrid. Building the K24 to withstand the 8000rpms that the K20 head likes, and get some boost on it with either a supercharger, or a turbo. Torque much? I'll keep everyone posted.
Thanks, I was always taught, "Do it right the first time, even if it costs a little more.)
I have also been thinking of making my all wheel drive Honda Element a Sleeper with the RSX Type-S head and supercharging it.
Old 05-12-2004
Registered!!

Texas Rice is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Poor Jaysun
Thanks, I was always taught, "Do it right the first time, even if it costs a little more.)
I have also been thinking of making my all wheel drive Honda Element a Sleeper with the RSX Type-S head and supercharging it.
You need to donate some money to me.
Old 05-12-2004
Registered!!

bishoprd is an unknown quantity at this point
good way to be man u just did a nice job on ur ride and u are right man if u wanna do it right u got to spent a little more, at the end that job is appreciated and u got respect for that. i'm still looking for a k20A2, i wanna do my thing too.
Old 05-12-2004
Jam out with your clam out.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
you got it running yet?
Old 05-13-2004

Originally posted by abmerop18
you got it running yet?
Hoping by friday afternoon (May 14). It has to be at V8less in Calgary the next day for a car show.
Old 05-13-2004
mig
Registered!!

mig is an unknown quantity at this point
Can you talk a little about the modifications you've had to do to the Cybernation kit to get it to fit? Searched, and didn't find anything other than mention of piping.
Old 05-13-2004
Registered!!

acesfull is an unknown quantity at this point
hey for anyone who got the k20 swap done did you have problems with the a/c and/or power steering?
Old 05-14-2004
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Hoping by friday afternoon (May 14). It has to be at V8less in Calgary the next day for a car show.

Jay, glad to see the progress. I liked the pics you sent. Glad to see the parts coming together for one fine piece of automotive work. Please keep me posted and let me know if there is anything else you need as far as parts. You were a pleasure to do business with.

Paul
Old 05-14-2004

Originally posted by dezod
Jay, glad to see the progress. I liked the pics you sent. Glad to see the parts coming together for one fine piece of automotive work. Please keep me posted and let me know if there is anything else you need as far as parts. You were a pleasure to do business with.

Paul
Paul the pleasure was all mine. Your service was and is flawless.
Old 05-14-2004

Originally posted by mig
Can you talk a little about the modifications you've had to do to the Cybernation kit to get it to fit? Searched, and didn't find anything other than mention of piping.
1. If you drop the engine out (K20A2) and put on the exhaust manifold, turbo, oil lines (in and out) it is alot easier.
2. The cobra fitting (see pic) is a hard fit and the engine support must be narrowed
3. Waste gate dump pipe must be lengthened or routed into the downpipe. It dumps right by the oil filter
4. All intercooler piping must be altered. You have to run it over top of the intercooler behind the bumper not in front of the engine. If you run it in front of the engine you have to loss your A/C compressor and find a new belt.
5. Kit doesn't include many adapters (e.g. fuel tank)
6. Oil feed adapter to engine block will not thread, must modify.
7. Wiring straight forward BUT HASport has seen alot of problems with this set up and the wiring harness they have made. Contact HASport to correct problems.
8. The instructions are vague and necessary pictures are not included.
These are some but everyones will be different
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	106_0679 arrows.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	29414  
Old 05-15-2004
Custom Titles are played out

RiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura about
not good news at all
Old 05-15-2004
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Paul the pleasure was all mine. Your service was and is flawless.

Thank you very much Jay. Glad I could be of assistance.
Old 05-22-2004
mig
Registered!!

update?
Old 05-22-2004
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Yeah is there an update?

Jayson, have you thought about a custom traction bar? You are gonna be pushing 300+ after tuning and there is little chance that car is gonna get the power to the ground. Did you get an LSD?
Old 05-22-2004

Originally Posted by robbclark1
Yeah is there an update?

Jayson, have you thought about a custom traction bar? You are gonna be pushing 300+ after tuning and there is little chance that car is gonna get the power to the ground. Did you get an LSD?
Has LSD
We ran into a Lean problem right.
Keep you post with video
Old 05-22-2004
BOOSTED HYBRID

icebergslim is an unknown quantity at this point
Even with an lsd, its still tough to get the power to the ground. I've got a quiafe lsd it helps, but I still get wheel hop. I just bought stiffer urethane mounts from hasport for my esk1 kit(77's). It'll have some car vibration but wont be that bad. I bought a j's racing engine dampner, but the fuse box was blocking the path. Which is why I went with stiffer engine mounts.
Old 05-22-2004
mig
Registered!!

yeah, a video of you absolutely dominating some poor unsuspecting dope in $50K plus performance car would be nice. be sure to zoom in on the tears and open mouth.
Old 05-24-2004
Custom Titles are played out

RiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura about
any updates recently?
Old 05-26-2004

Originally Posted by RiceRocketeer
any updates recently?
Still working on it but I think I have figured out a major problem we are having with the Air/Fuel gauge and reading (lack of reading).
Keep ya posted
Old 05-26-2004

Originally Posted by icebergslim
Poor jayson,

Is there any way you can take a pic of the clearance between the subframe and the 3in downpipe? I'm currently getting a new downpipe being made. I had a bad case of wheel hop on street tires. The downpipe was banging on the subframe reinforcements. I'm thinking of just getting a 2.5 flared to a 3in. I'm also getting stiffer mounts from hasport (77). The ones I got with the esk1 kit arent stiff enough. Anyhelp would be appreciated thanks.

BTW:My car is up in ny waiting to go in the shop. I'm stationed in nc. Which is why I can't take a pic myself.
The clearance between the subframe and the 3 inch downpipe is about 1/2" with the 3" downpipe being exhaust wraped (about 1/8-1/4" thick)
Old 05-26-2004

The new rear emblems
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	107_0758.JPG
Views:	210
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	29969  
Old 05-26-2004
Registered!!

invasian is an unknown quantity at this point
nice...
Old 05-26-2004
K20 Member

ImportRacer2123 is an unknown quantity at this point
I want a Video!
Old 05-31-2004
Registered!!

ZdS03Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
update?
Old 05-31-2004
Registered!!

Fletchman04 is on a distinguished road
ya...its been a few days...it is memorial day though. hope all of this works out.

Quick Reply: K20 and turbo swapped into Civic