Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

maxrev shit kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diemos is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Smokie2k2LX
I'll post pics on Wednesday. I'm supposed to go to the shop for a walkaround to check out all the work they did. But the job with the external wastegate and being rerouted back into the downpipe was A+ work. I didn't even expect them to do it.
Where are you getting your kit from?
Old 08-19-2003
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Boosted2k2 should not be trustedBoosted2k2 should not be trusted
Originally posted by Diemos
Where are you getting your kit from?
Wait until the end of the week. I'll start a whole new thread when my car is finished explaining my whole ordeal. My kit comes from a lot of places, Stafford did a lot of work though, Pruven Performance is doing my installation and fuel system, and I supplied the parts.
Old 08-19-2003
Retired - SoCal FI Mod

iamboo is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by C2i0v0i1c
i never said u have to buy MY KIT, mainly bc MY KIT isnt a KIT at all, i pieced it together

and "IN MY HONEST OPINION" there are a few reasons i dont like SF kit, and im entitled to my opinion.

until i see a www.sf.com or www.staffordfabrications.com or any other variation of that where i can look at stuff see things other than the talk and pictures on this site, i just really dont like the looks of it, and how many civics do i know that can hang with a Z06, im talking lamboghini's round here, ive watched one beat it, and the hatch thats in my ride picts can hold its own on just about anything, except for highly modified bikes
that's just wrong.... how could you deny the quality of a kit just because the company doesn't have a webpage for it?? what if this world never had the internet?? would you go off and say you don't like the kit because you haven't seen it up close?? i realize you're entitled to your own opinion but i think you're being really rediculous about your reason for not liking the kit... you haven't even sat in Catalysts car or test drove the the car with the SF kit on it.... i went to their shop yesterday and saw them put together a 251whp celica GT.... that thing felt absolutley incredible... another shop in my area tried to turbocharge a celica GT and it didn't feel nearly as good as SF's kit... and they looked IDENTICAL..... mike (sf) and mike (catalyst) know what they're doing... they've even helped other members on this site deal with problems that came up from the other competetitors kits.... if i were them, i would have been like "you bought what kit?? ummm... i dunno if i can help you" but they were nice enough to help these people out regardless of what kit they bought... i think you should give more credit to these guys for the work that they do... imp:
Old 08-19-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Originally posted by iamboo
that's just wrong.... how could you deny the quality of a kit just because the company doesn't have a webpage for it?? what if this world never had the internet?? would you go off and say you don't like the kit because you haven't seen it up close?? i realize you're entitled to your own opinion but i think you're being really rediculous about your reason for not liking the kit... you haven't even sat in Catalysts car or test drove the the car with the SF kit on it.... i went to their shop yesterday and saw them put together a 251whp celica GT.... that thing felt absolutley incredible... another shop in my area tried to turbocharge a celica GT and it didn't feel nearly as good as SF's kit... and they looked IDENTICAL..... mike (sf) and mike (catalyst) know what they're doing... they've even helped other members on this site deal with problems that came up from the other competetitors kits.... if i were them, i would have been like "you bought what kit?? ummm... i dunno if i can help you" but they were nice enough to help these people out regardless of what kit they bought... i think you should give more credit to these guys for the work that they do... imp:
TRUE!!!

Having a webpage doesn't mean your kit is good. Just look at maxrev and turbodiscounters. They both have webpages and both of their kits suck ballz.

Seems like SF is putting more time and money into the kit and performance than a fancy webpage to show it off. They let the kit speak for itself.
Old 08-19-2003
7thgen Man-gina

01WingsWestCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by FlyRiceRacer02
TRUE!!!

Having a webpage doesn't mean your kit is good. Just look at maxrev and turbodiscounters. They both have webpages and both of their kits suck ballz......

lol, so true, so true
Old 08-19-2003
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
The one thing I don't understand is why so many people are trying to defend maxrev's kit, yet noone that I know of on this site has even been able to successfully install it
Old 08-19-2003

Max Rev said they are fixing it... end of story. Life isn't perfect and mistakes happen. You can't say that MaxRev is just ****. Maybe what they first came out with was, but nobody knows what the final result is going to be. Thinking people are stupid just because they don't conform to this 7thgen standard of Stafford Fabrication is foolish. I don't think anybody is in this hobby to make every model car the same. If someone wants to be different and take a different route... more respect to them. And we should all give Max Rev a chance anyway. A few months ago everybody complained cuz there wasn't a kit out for the car. At least companies are trying... and I would assume that MaxRev will succesfully complete something. Would we all be happy if DC Sports... or better yet APC (lol), was the only company that we could buy **** from. We need variety. All IMO anyway.
Old 08-19-2003
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
No, man, I totally understand what you are saying about having a variety, but of all people, I know you know how much of a pain it is to put together parts for a turbo kit. To me it is very aggravating to be guaranteed that a product I purchase will work on my car and it doesn't. Then they don't even want to give me a refund, wtf? That's my whole issue with maxrev is that they are shady and they only want to try and make things right because they've been called out.
Old 08-19-2003
Registered!!

XxJDMCivicxX is an unknown quantity at this point
BTW there are a couple cars I've seen with SF kits in Performance Auto and Sound over here in Canada some nice setups.
Old 08-19-2003
Turbo Member

RiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enoughRiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enough
TRUE!!!

Having a webpage doesn't mean your kit is good. Just look at maxrev and turbodiscounters. They both have webpages and both of their kits suck ballz.

Seems like SF is putting more time and money into the kit and performance than a fancy webpage to show it off. They let the kit speak for itself.
The TD kit really doesnt suck. Iv'e been running at 8 PSI for over a month now and its great. When we get to nopi I will take you for a ride and make you a believer.
Old 08-19-2003

Andyman97
You're damn right about piecing together being aggravating. It was pretty stressful. Time consuming to go out, find what works the best under what conditions, and finding the best prices on that part. I agree that MaxRev didn't give you any respect... and I understand your position. I'm not directing anything at you. I'm just speaking generally.
Old 08-19-2003
Turbo Guru

I understand what you're getting at. And I give you mad respect for putting that kit together on your own, it's very impressive and I know first hand how time consuming it is piecing together parts you don't even know that you need.

I just didn't want to go that route with my setup. I wanted a direct bolt in that had everything I would need. That is what maxrev advertised and that is nowhere near what I got, not to mention that those guys didn't even check to see if the damned thing fit. That is a major mistake in my book, not to mention that they did nothing to make it right, even when I paid out of pocket to send the kit back to them, they still didn't accept it.
Old 08-19-2003

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Originally posted by RiceBuRNeR
The TD kit really doesnt suck. Iv'e been running at 8 PSI for over a month now and its great. When we get to nopi I will take you for a ride and make you a believer.
Promise? I would really like a ride in a turboed 7thgen!
Old 08-19-2003
Turbo Member

RiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enoughRiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enough
Promise? I would really like a ride in a turboed 7thgen!
ahh hell I might even let you drive.
Old 08-19-2003

Oh man that would be so awsome!
Old 08-20-2003
Registered!!

drang01 is an unknown quantity at this point
for the amount of work sf does I'm suprised they dont have a sight.. however if its only two guys doing the work having a site might backfire be getting them over extended.. though then again some may see it as being the start of a franchise. But none the less the feedback here is dictating which kit I'm going to be getting in the future website or not
Old 08-20-2003
OsOBaNNeD

OsOBooSTeD is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by drang01
for the amount of work sf does I'm suprised they dont have a sight.. however if its only two guys doing the work having a site might backfire be getting them over extended.. though then again some may see it as being the start of a franchise. But none the less the feedback here is dictating which kit I'm going to be getting in the future website or not
yea from what i can tell from talking to the founder of SF.. hes got his hands FULL without a web site... apparently they cant make the kits fast enough cause of all the orders.. that right there in it self should tell you that these guys mean bizness. ya kno? I mean from what i hear they are CRAZY Busy. AND the quality of the product is what speaks .. not a stupid website. Im sure if they get a website they're gonna need a warehouse and like alteast 20 workers to produce the amount of products for the demand. SF RULES imp:

Last edited by OsOBooSTeD; 08-20-2003 at 12:41 AM.
Old 08-20-2003
Retired - SoCal FI Mod

lemme give you an idea how long it takes to make their kits....

JUST the manifold takes 2 and a half hours to make.... the downpipe take about 2 hours as well... not to mention all the pipes that they need to bend and weld together... the whole kit is HANDMADE.... it's not pressed on some machine and mass produced... these guys literally work almost 24 hours a day on their stuff... very dedicated people... SF rules!!
Old 08-20-2003
Registered!!

Catalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really nice
The equal length manifolds take mike about 3 1/2 hours to make, and mike's fastest time on the regular manifold was 2 1/2 hours. Normal time is about 3 hours. The fuel kit takes about 2 hours to make, the intercooler piping takes about 4 hours to make, the intercooler takes about 3 hours to make, the bonnett takes an hour to make. The air-water intercooler takes about 4-5 hours to make + the 3 hours for the water tank.

So the base kit takes about 13 hours to make. Dont get me wrong, we love what we do. It is just very time consuming, and we are giving everyone the best product possible.
Old 10-09-2003
Banned

sexcivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
yay, good thing he didn't get it installed or i wouldn't be first boost d17 in VA *PHEW*!
Old 10-09-2003
cool beans

zinkyroo is an unknown quantity at this point
my maxrev kit works great...lol
Old 10-09-2003
Retired - SoCal FI Mod

back from the dead i see...
Old 10-09-2003
cool beans

Ive been on here for about two weeks...Theres a whole thread with pictures if you want to see the kit
Old 10-09-2003
Registered!!

rodster is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow! I have heard the same bad reviews about Max-rev from other people. I think the only problem with the kit is that they (the company) do not specifically make the kit for specific model. I had a 91 Teg with the 1.8 LS engine and I bought the max-rev kit and they didn't make it for that specific model, but the sales rep told me that the one for the 1.7 GSR will fit, the only thing I had to do is custom make the vaccum lines and the sort. Well to make the long story short, it did not fit, the piping was off and not even with the rubber hoses fit. This experience kinda turned me off about turbo-charge my cars; however, the sales rep and the customer support guys were awesome and returned the turbo without any heartache. Keep it up guys!!

Old 10-10-2003
cool beans

Originally posted by rodster
Wow! I have heard the same bad reviews about Max-rev from other people. I think the only problem with the kit is that they (the company) do not specifically make the kit for specific model. I had a 91 Teg with the 1.8 LS engine and I bought the max-rev kit and they didn't make it for that specific model, but the sales rep told me that the one for the 1.7 GSR will fit, the only thing I had to do is custom make the vaccum lines and the sort. Well to make the long story short, it did not fit, the piping was off and not even with the rubber hoses fit. This experience kinda turned me off about turbo-charge my cars; however, the sales rep and the customer support guys were awesome and returned the turbo without any heartache. Keep it up guys!!

Yes, the MaxRev kit is DIY piping, but we are working on making pre mandrel bent and polished pieces to ship with the D17 kits...