Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Engine Swaps (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/79-engine-swaps)
-   -   maxrev shit kit (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/79-engine-swaps/109856-maxrev-shit-kit.html)

HondaCivicJosh 08-16-2003 02:46 PM

maxrev shit kit

I went to install my kit today and that thing was a pos!
nothin was the right size. I'm ordering my Turbo Discounters kit
tonight getting it in friday and installing sat. I had to wait to damn
months for the maxrev shit. lol just pisses me off.

v8eaterokv6 08-16-2003 03:24 PM

lol here we go again. good luck

01WingsWestCivic 08-16-2003 03:49 PM

why are you getting the td kit, ive heard problems from that kit as well, only one thats gotten good reviews all the way across is the sf kit

civicvtec1ps 08-16-2003 04:08 PM

that sucks man
SF> any turbo kits ;)

cdmx 08-17-2003 02:21 AM

another victim :(

Jodster 08-17-2003 07:48 AM

Yeah man, get the SF kit. Thats what I plan on doing.

XxJDMCivicxX 08-18-2003 02:52 PM

Get the SF kit plz and save yourself the trouble "maybe" going through this all over again.

andyman97 08-18-2003 03:19 PM

Will people never learn from my mistakes? :_doh: :hithead:

zinkyroo 08-18-2003 04:58 PM

Have you called Max-Rev about it???Maybe try that...

andyman97 08-18-2003 05:00 PM

Yeah and maybe he can wait two months to get the kit just like you....and you still don't even have it yet, do you? How long ago did you order it?

Diemos 08-18-2003 05:03 PM

Re: maxrev shit kit

Originally posted by HondaCivicJosh
I went to install my kit today and that thing was a pos!
nothin was the right size. I'm ordering my Turbo Discounters kit
tonight getting it in friday and installing sat. I had to wait to damn
months for the maxrev shit. lol just pisses me off.

Ofcourse, doesnt fit must be the companys problem. Although, honestly I think you are full of shit and just trying to give this company a bad rep, your post in completely uninformative. You dont have any pictures of the kit, and in your post you do not hesitate to say that you are buying Brand X instead of Brand Y which leads me to believe that you are only trying to decieve people. Please, unless you intend on giving a detailed post please dont post things like "Max-Rev = Shit" atleast have some photos available when you make claims like this. Did you even try to contact Max-rev and see what the problem was? then your post was a complete waste.

IDQcivic 08-18-2003 05:13 PM

he's not the only one having problems with it, I have heard several other members post about how maxrev sucks.... I would personally stay away from it and save for the SF kit

zinkyroo 08-18-2003 05:29 PM

Originally posted by andyman97
Yeah and maybe he can wait two months to get the kit just like you....and you still don't even have it yet, do you? How long ago did you order it?
Oh and how long did u ahve to wait to get your bov and your kit??LIke a month also...

CarbonFly 08-18-2003 08:34 PM

Originally posted by zinkyroo
Oh and how long did u ahve to wait to get your bov and your kit??LIke a month also...
But is mike from maxrev going to personally travel 14 hours to your house to install your kit? I don't think so.

zinkyroo 08-18-2003 10:24 PM

Originally posted by FlyRiceRacer02
But is mike from maxrev going to personally travel 14 hours to your house to install your kit? I don't think so.
That wasnt the point...He waited just as long as me to get the kit as I did with Max-Rev.

sovereign82 08-18-2003 10:28 PM

BS post~ BS Thread~

C2i0v0i1C 08-18-2003 10:29 PM

to hell with internally wastegated kits. max revs manifold is the shit, and took a whopping 2 days to get to me. thats why u go COD, dont pay before u get, all they do is take the money and then send the kit when they damn well please. and does this SF kit have a website, bc ive tried lookin, with no luck, i dont like have the intercooler piping coming out the same side that it goes in either.

SF> any turbo kits

how about "my setup"> over any TD SF or MAX REV, why bc from the picts ive seen of these kits mine looks better, and i dont have picts til wednesday

zinkyroo 08-18-2003 10:50 PM

Originally posted by C2i0v0i1c
to hell with internally wastegated kits. max revs manifold is the shit, and took a whopping 2 days to get to me. thats why u go COD, dont pay before u get, all they do is take the money and then send the kit when they damn well please. and does this SF kit have a website, bc ive tried lookin, with no luck, i dont like have the intercooler piping coming out the same side that it goes in either.

SF> any turbo kits

how about "my setup"> over any TD SF or MAX REV, why bc from the picts ive seen of these kits mine looks better, and i dont have picts til wednesday

You and smokies setup will rape everything else. My opinion is that the max rev manifold is far superior to SF's.

C2i0v0i1C 08-18-2003 10:57 PM

its bad ass even though u have to change cooling fan in order to run t3 t4 like me

Boosted2k2 08-18-2003 11:04 PM

Originally posted by C2i0v0i1c
its bad ass even though u have to change cooling fan in order to run t3 t4 like me
They shaved part of the shroud to make mine fit... but eventually, I'll probably change to something with a thinner profile. Either way, mine is all installed with some slight mods. Fuel is being started tomorrow. Hopefully I can get some numbers by Friday... or maybe my car which I haven't driven in over a week :()

BREEZE 08-18-2003 11:15 PM

what is the full name of the sf kit?

Boosted2k2 08-19-2003 01:20 AM

Originally posted by twotymer05
what is the full name of the sf kit?
Stafford Fabrication

Catalyst 08-19-2003 02:42 AM

If any of you have any doubts about the Stafford Fabrication turbo system, i would love to give you a ride in my car. Let me put it this way, at 11 psi, i was hanging with a Z06. How many civic's do you know of can do that?

And C2i0v0i1c, we offer an externally wastegated manifold. I will assume you missed that :_doh: Just look at Smokie's car, that is our manifold.

And until you get some numbers and pictures, say "in my honest opinion..... (insert COMMENT here)" not "i know (insert COMMENT here) because my mechanic said so"

I was nice enough to post all my info and let you guys decide, so you should have the same courtesy. :cool:

iamboo 08-19-2003 02:53 AM

let the sh*t talking commence...

btw... get facts, numbers, and a better line that "my kit is better than your kit"

you don't convince people by talking shit....

Catalyst 08-19-2003 02:59 AM

you convince people by letting them decide, not by shoving things down their throat.

old beater 08-19-2003 04:20 AM

im really thinking about getting a turbo kit, but im wondering, how much is the SF kit? and how reliable is the D17 under 7 psi daily? i ownt have the money for a couple a months though, will it still be for sale or what?

iamboo 08-19-2003 04:45 AM

here old beater... i know you're new..... so i'll let it go this time....
but next time... see that lil flashing red icon at the top of the page?? use that before asking anything... people have asked about info about this kit like million times over and over... in fact, i had to lock a thread because this same question was asked and answered... if you have any questions about the kit, please PM Catalyst

he'll give you all the necessary info on the kit.. thanks... and now back on topic...

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...threadid=92677

C2i0v0i1C 08-19-2003 08:07 AM

i never said u have to buy MY KIT, mainly bc MY KIT isnt a KIT at all, i pieced it together

and "IN MY HONEST OPINION" there are a few reasons i dont like SF kit, and im entitled to my opinion.

until i see a www.sf.com or www.staffordfabrications.com or any other variation of that where i can look at stuff see things other than the talk and pictures on this site, i just really dont like the looks of it, and how many civics do i know that can hang with a Z06, im talking lamboghini's round here, ive watched one beat it, and the hatch thats in my ride picts can hold its own on just about anything, except for highly modified bikes

Diemos 08-19-2003 09:43 AM

I was thinkin bout it, for the 3 grand I am gonna spend on a turbo kit. I could get a 250R Ninja brand new from the factory, it has a standing 1/4 of 14.2 gets 80 miles per gallon, and would look far more bad ass than I could ever dream to make my civic. Plus then I dont mess up my daily driver. But my parents would be pissed, so Im sticking with the turbo :'(

Boosted2k2 08-19-2003 10:14 AM

we offer an externally wastegated manifold. I will assume you missed that Just look at Smokie's car, that is our manifold.
I'll post pics on Wednesday. I'm supposed to go to the shop for a walkaround to check out all the work they did. But the job with the external wastegate and being rerouted back into the downpipe was A+ work. I didn't even expect them to do it.