General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

DIY Aluminum Shifter Bushings and Revo Short Shifter Install - PICS!!

Old 01-30-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
DIY Aluminum Shifter Bushings and Revo Short Shifter Install - PICS!!

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 08:42 AM.
Old 01-30-2007

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 08:43 AM.
Old 01-30-2007
slave to the freaky ass booty

VTEK2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
very nicely done. +1
Old 01-30-2007
Registered!!

hwt101 is an unknown quantity at this point
+1 very nicely done
Old 01-30-2007
Registered!!

JSpec_JDM is an unknown quantity at this point
where did you buy the short shifter?
Old 01-30-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Been done and DIYed before.
While they're appreciated.... you guys dont need to spend the time re-writing it again. Look and see if its out there before spending the hours documenting and writing it.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/7...ifter+bushings
Old 01-30-2007
Registered!!

Honda2k4 is an unknown quantity at this point
very nice write up, detailed and lots of pictures, +1
Old 01-31-2007

Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
Been done and DIYed before.
While they're appreciated.... you guys dont need to spend the time re-writing it again. Look and see if its out there before spending the hours documenting and writing it.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/7...ifter+bushings
Close but not quite.

Correct, the bushings DIY has been done. However the entire shifter R&R has not been done, nor did I see a comparison between the stock shifter assembly and the Revo short shifter on the forum. No big deal.
Old 01-31-2007

Originally Posted by JSpec_JDM
Ebay. Just search for "Revo Technica" and 4-5 of them will show up. Don't get the $25 adapter if you're looking for the one in this DIY. Its the $85 one.
Old 01-31-2007
Type-Race

doctor will become famous soon enoughdoctor will become famous soon enough
Ah, this brings back memories. Its 2002! But seriosuly, good job. Capyoda bushings was my first mod.
Old 01-31-2007
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
good stuff man, looks like you got your rep's worth out of it.

Pretty good DIY- clear, pictures, ect.. good job. I wish I could see some more DIY's coming out like this, everyone halfasses em these days... like, remove center console, remove cotter pins, disconnect, unbolt, switch assemblys, add washers, bolt down, replace trim. For the people who have done it its always obvious, but for the people thinking about doing it, its great to have. I can count a few times I had my laptop out in my driveway searching up some things because they werent explained.

anyways, from the pic, what are thoes two cables running through your center console? The thick red and purple, and the skinny blue and red wires- I'm curious.

anyways, good job overall, i'm glad you like it. Now its time to change that shift ****!
Old 01-31-2007
Registered!!

hwt101 is an unknown quantity at this point
red wire looks like a power wire for an amplifier
Old 01-31-2007
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
And the purple looks like RCA's.
Old 01-31-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Ebay. Just search for "Revo Technica" and 4-5 of them will show up. Don't get the $25 adapter if you're looking for the one in this DIY. Its the $85 one.
searched ebay and got no hits ...

edit: nevermind, found it

Last edited by JSpec_JDM; 01-31-2007 at 10:01 AM.
Old 01-31-2007

Originally Posted by TRIZ
good stuff man, looks like you got your rep's worth out of it.

anyways, from the pic, what are thoes two cables running through your center console? The thick red and purple, and the skinny blue and red wires- I'm curious.

anyways, good job overall, i'm glad you like it. Now its time to change that shift ****!
Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Red wire is actually the main power wire from the battery. I relocated it to the trunk a couple years ago. I had an old BMW and its battery was under the back seat. Thought it was a good idea. I still like it and it unclutters the engine bay a bit.

Yup, purple is RCAs. Blue is the remote wire for my amp. And the little red wire is the +12v for rear fog light. US cars in the UK have to have a rear fog, so I rewired the center brake light as such. Its what's attached to the "Jump Button".

Yeah, I know. New shift ****!!!
Old 01-31-2007

GRRRR.

Old 01-31-2007
Pwning Noobs 24/7

DaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really nice
Originally Posted by speedfoos
First things first is to empty all the crap out of your cup holders and armrest storage. Then pry out the two fastners by the driver and passenger foot area. These are those crappy, push in - force out plastic things that will let you remove them once, and then stop holding or break when you try for a second go. I don't have them anymore, but here's where they go - one on each side of the console.
Those clips come out easily...you just got to be smart about it, the little plastic circle in the middle, if you push it, it pops out releasing the clip so you can pull it out safely, and to reinstall, all you need to do is have the little black circle popped out, insert the clip and pop back the circle so the clip secures....they only break cause people are too ignorant to figure it out.
Old 01-31-2007
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough
really good diy. I love when they're detailed and have lots of pictures.
I have one question though- is it necessary to completely remove the center console like that? I only needed to pull the plastic piece out that the shifer sits in. I've consulted the DIYs on here many times when doing things to my car, but I've discovered with ones involving interior things that you usually don't have to go as far as they do. For example, when I put a different stereo in my car, I didn't have to take hardly anything apart. I just popped out the piece with the cigarette lighter and from there it took me about 10 minutes to install the stereo.
Old 01-31-2007

Originally Posted by V-tek
Those clips come out easily...you just got to be smart about it, the little plastic circle in the middle, if you push it, it pops out releasing the clip so you can pull it out safely, and to reinstall, all you need to do is have the little black circle popped out, insert the clip and pop back the circle so the clip secures....they only break cause people are too ignorant to figure it out.
On those, yes you are correct, its easy to remove and replace them without damaging them.

However, for some reason I had the one-piece dojobbys. You know, the kind with the little plastic fins down the length of them that break off when you take them out? A little more difficult to re-use than the ones you describe.

I'd like to think I'm not ignorant....

Last edited by speedfoos; 01-31-2007 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-31-2007

Originally Posted by beadebaserr
really good diy. I love when they're detailed and have lots of pictures.
I have one question though- is it necessary to completely remove the center console like that? I only needed to pull the plastic piece out that the shifer sits in. I've consulted the DIYs on here many times when doing things to my car, but I've discovered with ones involving interior things that you usually don't have to go as far as they do. For example, when I put a different stereo in my car, I didn't have to take hardly anything apart. I just popped out the piece with the cigarette lighter and from there it took me about 10 minutes to install the stereo.
If you're just doing the bushings then no you don't because you don't have to remove the cables from the shifter assembly. However, there just isn't enough room to get in there to take them off without removing the whole console. At least I couldn't get my meat hooks in there to monkey around with the console in place. The shifter cable - vice the reverse actuator cable- is a real stubborn SOB to take off and its pretty much tucked under your cup holders when you take the boot assembly off. I would have had real hard time getting at it with the console in place. I suppose it would be possible to do this DIY without removing the console, but personally I wouldn't want to try it.
Old 01-31-2007
I Queef > You

sKwiD is on a distinguished road
One of the best DIY's I've seen in a long time. I'm about to pick up the bushings, but still skeptical whether or not I should. I rarely ever shift hard enough to make the assembly want to move. For daily driving do you think I'd feel a difference? BTW, I already have the Revo and I love it, except for the freeplay that it has.
Old 01-31-2007

I noticed a big difference in my drive to work this morning and I just put them in last night. The shift was so crisp and precise, it nearly brought a tear to my eye! I think you may notice that a lot of the freeplay is due to the stock rubber bushings. IMO its the best $25 you'll spend if you decide to go with new bushings.
Old 01-31-2007
CIVIC USER

jbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trusted
I didnt realize Capyoda was still producing those bushings. Last time I went to his site they were out of stock. How did you get a hold of those?
Old 02-01-2007

Originally Posted by jbrown59
I didnt realize Capyoda was still producing those bushings. Last time I went to his site they were out of stock. How did you get a hold of those?
I got them off of Ebay actually, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't Capyoda. Just do a quick search on "EM2 bushings" and they should pop up. The guy only has a couple sets left, but I did email him and suggest he get some more for us.

Here's a link to one of the listings:

Old 02-01-2007
Registered!!

bobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by JSpec_JDM
TrueHonda has short shifters $95 shipped.

CorSport has aluminum bushings $25 shipped.

Don't forget Grey's kit too. I think he just posted that he has kits for $7. Grey's kit reduces a lot of the side play of the shifter.

Nice DIY BTW.
Old 02-01-2007

Originally Posted by bobsagator
Don't forget Grey's kit too. I think he just posted that he has kits for $7. Grey's kit reduces a lot of the side play of the shifter.

Nice DIY BTW.
Thanks. I just hit Grey with an email for the kit, although mine is pretty tight right now.
Old 02-05-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
awesome bro. just save it to my fav. +1 for you

question: isnt grey's kit the same as the alum bushings???

what consists of "greys kit"

Last edited by sl33pyriceboi; 02-05-2007 at 03:16 AM.
Old 02-05-2007
Registered!!

bobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of light
Grey's kit is not the aluminum bushings. Follow the link above for Grey's kit and it explains what you get.
Old 02-05-2007

^^ Yup. Grey's kit tightens up some side-2-side play in the Revo shifters. Mine is enroute.
Old 02-22-2007
Registered!!

ive got question about removing the bolts that are attached to the frame. How hard are they supposed to be to remove, i unscrewed 2 of them and both seem to be stuck (they are loose and moving around, but doesnt come out) as if i broke something underneath it. Im gunna hold off on installling this until i get an answer cuz i dont want something that cannot be bolted back on.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DIY Aluminum Shifter Bushings and Revo Short Shifter Install - PICS!!