03 Cobra Vs. Si

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
qijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to all
Re: 03 Cobra Vs. Si

nice cars nonetheless.
Old 09-25-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EvDog is a glorious beacon of lightEvDog is a glorious beacon of lightEvDog is a glorious beacon of lightEvDog is a glorious beacon of lightEvDog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by svtleen
The last pic is my 99 Cobra and I added a centrifugal s/c, since its centri style it boosts the same way like a turbo would toward the higher rpms. If you like instant boost the roots style is more fun to drive cause boost will come on fast at 3K rpm. Glad to hear that u are like me appreciating different cars too.
I see, thanks. Ya I was actually into muscle and hot rods long before the imports.

In response to ronaldo9:
In general, turbo's are almost always better than superchargers as they are more efficient b/c they don't rob the engine of crankshaft hp. However, superchargers are typically simpler systems with less parts involved. People who want to go all out will usually go for the turbo. People who are just satisfied with what the s/c can offer, want a simpler install, and don't want as many parts to worry about should go s/c.
Old 09-25-2009
Registered!!

svtleen should not be trusted

Besides the Cobra and Si, I want to hopefully get my hands on an Evo 10 possibly in the future. Those Evo's come with a lot of goodies straight from factory, I was simply amazed.
Old 09-25-2009
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all

The thing about twin-screw blowers on the Mustangs is that the motors already make a bunch of torque, and the twin-screws only help with that and are incredibly well rounded, meaning they make power pretty much throughout the RPM band. Obviously youre not going to make as much top end power as you would with a turbo, but the blowers are much more reliable, and most of them out there are smog legal, just like svtleen said.

I said screw smog. My twin turbo kit is coming soon, reeeal soon. Some of you havent seen my new car yet, so here are a couple pics.

And yes, that is actually my car. And yes, it will out-handle most of you guys on here. lol
Old 09-25-2009
Registered!!

EvDog is a glorious beacon of lightEvDog is a glorious beacon of lightEvDog is a glorious beacon of lightEvDog is a glorious beacon of lightEvDog is a glorious beacon of light

Dang I wish I had money to invest like that. A bit flashy for my personal tastes, but that is definitely an awesome paint scheme.

I think a full-race fg2 (current civic coupe) would be sick. Which reminds me, I still have to find another job.
Old 09-26-2009
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all

Well actually its a little flashy for my tastes too, but its what the sponsors came up with. lol. I wont complain.
Old 09-26-2009

K20me is a jewel in the roughK20me is a jewel in the roughK20me is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by spoonEM
Well actually its a little flashy for my tastes too, but its what the sponsors came up with. lol. I wont complain.
Dude, you wouldn't happen to know a Jeff C. with a Red Mach 1 would you?
Old 09-26-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
qijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to all

that mustang is sickkkkk =D
Old 09-26-2009
Registered!!

Hahah, oh ya sponsors. Ya then I wouldn't complain either.
Old 09-26-2009
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

The thing about twin-screw blowers on the Mustangs is that the motors already make a bunch of torque, and the twin-screws only help with that and are incredibly well rounded, meaning they make power pretty much throughout the RPM band. Obviously youre not going to make as much top end power as you would with a turbo, but the blowers are much more reliable, and most of them out there are smog legal, just like svtleen said.

I said screw smog. My twin turbo kit is coming soon, reeeal soon. Some of you havent seen my new car yet, so here are a couple pics.

And yes, that is actually my car. And yes, it will out-handle most of you guys on here. lol

I agree, if you have a high displacement v6 or v8 thats netting you close to 400whp. Then the twin screw is a better streetable setup. Especially if you track or autox your car a lot since the supercharger will provide a lot of tq coming out of the corner. Turbos are better if your high way racing.
Old 09-27-2009
Registered!!

Killzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by EvDog
I see, thanks. Ya I was actually into muscle and hot rods long before the imports.

In response to ronaldo9:
In general, turbo's are almost always better than superchargers as they are more efficient b/c they don't rob the engine of crankshaft hp. However, superchargers are typically simpler systems with less parts involved. People who want to go all out will usually go for the turbo. People who are just satisfied with what the s/c can offer, want a simpler install, and don't want as many parts to worry about should go s/c.
actaully evan it depbens on the engine which type of FI is best. for smaller engines piston and displacemnet wise turbo is best but for larger displacement and more cycliders s/c is best because because with a larger engine you need a larger turbo to make power gains and because of the larger turbo u get more lag so that is why you see most bigger engines run a roots or twinscrew s/c cuz its instant power and it only adds to the larger engine displacement
Old 09-27-2009
omgwtfbbq mod.

Originally Posted by K20me
Dude, you wouldn't happen to know a Jeff C. with a Red Mach 1 would you?
Would I?! Hes like one of my best buddies. haha.
Old 09-27-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Killzone2142
actaully evan it depbens on the engine which type of FI is best. for smaller engines piston and displacemnet wise turbo is best but for larger displacement and more cycliders s/c is best because because with a larger engine you need a larger turbo to make power gains and because of the larger turbo u get more lag so that is why you see most bigger engines run a roots or twinscrew s/c cuz its instant power and it only adds to the larger engine displacement
hmmm, that would explain why so many muscle guys go for the s/c option as well as top-fuel dragsters. I wonder why it isn't a good idea to but smaller turbo's on a larger displacement engine. I'm sure it has to do with the way the pressure builds and stuff, but all that shizz is real technical. I bought a turbo text book, but I've only skimmed through it.
Old 09-27-2009

K20me is a jewel in the roughK20me is a jewel in the roughK20me is a jewel in the rough

Would I?! Hes like one of my best buddies. haha.
LMAO what a small world. I've known him since grade school.