Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

4th gen lude vs 7th gen civic

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2003
He can only tell us white people apart by the tone of our skin.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reytito is an unknown quantity at this point
4th gen lude vs 7th gen civic

so i'm cruisin back from a fun weekend in pittsburgh on 70W yesterday, talkin with the 3 other peeps in my car and messin around with another friend driving a late model corolla following me back home. we cross the penn border into west virginia and the speed limit turns 70, so my friend and i are now cruisin about 85. (80 in 65 thus 85 in 70..get it? good.) so i notice this red 4th gen prelude get on the freeway with some real bling rims. so i stare at it for a sec and tell the peeps in my car cuz they were reeal shiny and nice i guess. i pass the lude and me and everyone in my car is lookin at his wheels. his car is other wise unmodded. this high school kid and 3 of his friends are now lookin at us and gigglin like little girls. the driver guns it so i can't pass him. so i'm like wtf...oh well. so i sit tight as my cruise control takes care of my speed. so he slows back down and lets me catch up and pass him. i get over and and i'm still cruisin. he guns it and passes me and then slows down. and i catch up and pass him with my cruise still on. and once again...he speeds up and passes me. now i'm laughin cuz i wonder how much money he's gonna have to ask his mom for gas when he gets home. so this boy does this 3 more times, of me passin him goin my constant speed, followed by him vroom vroom vrooming to pass me up and let his friends have a laugh or two.
so once again, causally going my set speed, i start to pass him. he's expectin me to slooooowly pass him up and then get over. this time i matched his speed for a second, looked over, honked and blew a sweet kiss, and then floored it. took him a few seconds to react and i heard him downshift. i already had a one and a half car length on him from my element of surprise. i hit 90 and he was still in the same spot. i hit 100 he was startin to veeery slowly crawl up. i hit 110 and he had gained about half a car length. and 115 i was up by only half a car length. then i was startin to worry about my rev limiter cuz i forgot when it would kick in. but before i found out...HE put on his hazards, which i thought was odd. he slowed down and so i did. i wanted to see him so i slowed down quicker and let him float on past me. he looked over with a pissed off face when i realized that he was exiting on the next exit.
if this race had continued for another 1/4 mile....i woulda lost i think. but since it didn't, i still declare myself the winner. booya. and if you don't think so...you can eat it.

btw...it took my friend a while to catch up to me...later i found out he said he was tryin to keep up with us.
Old 06-03-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deejai35 is an unknown quantity at this point
I-70 is always a lot of fun. I come across some strange things while on road trips...

Reytito: are your fingers tired from typing... LOL.