Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

VS. Contour

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003
Back From The Banned!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
VS. Contour

Once again, on the Grand Central Parkway heading east.... I'm on cruising speeds, just slightly below 60MPH. A green contour comes up on the left lane, passes me slowly, and then slows to my speed. I'm in his blind spot now, and I dont like being in people's blind spots for safety reasons. So I decide to speed up to get out the blind spot, and slowly pass, I guess the guy in the Contour thought I wanted to race. I hear his auto downshift, but I dont mind. I wait, during that time I think if I should go or not. So the Ford passes me, so my front is by his fender. I downshift to 4th and went. I guess the Contour wasnt trying to hard b/c I kinda left the Contour behind rather quickly and I slowed down at 85MPH. But I dont think he took it too lightly, b/c there was stop and go traffic afterward and I was tailgated by him for a while. Ok, thanks for reading.
Old 05-12-2003

gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough
boooooo @ the contour
Old 05-12-2003
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
It must be something to even be able to drive on those freeways around the big city. I dunno if I could handle that every day. I took the beltway around DC a while back and that was enough for me.
Old 05-12-2003
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
Was it a real race? Doesn't sound like it. But, yeah...
Old 05-12-2003
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
I can be in some ways, and it isnt in other ways. I would figure if youre passing someone on the right, and you hear their car downshift, I would think "it's time to get it on". But I guess after maybe 75 or so, they slowed it down.
Old 05-15-2003
Registered!!

lowblue02 is an unknown quantity at this point
One of my friends has an SVT Contour and it ate up and pretty well moded 00si. The SVT is fast as hell. In the beginning I was like its a "Contour" but now I respect it. I dont even mess with him anymore.
Old 05-15-2003
Registered!!

JDog2001CivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
The SVT contour is very nice, if they were still making them I was going to buy that instead of my Civic but they weren't making it when I went to the frod dealer to get one. my friend has one and there is no way in hell i will ever beat that damn thing