Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Hyundai tiburon V6 GT and mustang V6 auto vert

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2002
O RLY
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
Hyundai tiburon V6 GT and mustang V6 auto vert

Two races today...

One was this morning, as I was on my way to work. I was behind a guy in a red auto V6 mustang with white stickers and on steelies. lol. I've raced this guy in my S2k before, when we both had the tops down and he had his girl in the car. This time his girl isn't with (she probably left his *** looking for someone with an S2000 [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] ).

I'm behind him as he's zipping through a left turn at an intersection. After that he's making the same right turn I am, so I stay behind him. As he turns down the road, he guns it, and I floor it to keep up. He was pulling on me, but very slowly. I definitely hung with him, and I thought it was kinda funny.

I was out doing some shopping later on, and saw a funky looking car in my rearview. I then realized it was a new tiburon. (i'm used to seeing them in my rearview [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG] ) As we were on a two lane road, he moved through traffic and eventually passed me. I kinda moved around, and eventually got some open room. I pulled next to him, and he didn't even wait, and just gunned it. I downshifted and floored it (doing 40mph maybe?) He pulled a bit at first, but when his car shifted (auto) he started to lose ground. I went into 3rd and was still pulling on him slightly.... shut down around 80mph or so, and I was probably 1/2 car length ahead. I then made my turn and he kept going, but never looked at me. I like the new tiburons, but I thought they'd be faster than that.... even if it was an auto. (it was the V6 GT)
Old 12-21-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
n00dleboy is an unknown quantity at this point
The new tiburon's V6 trim models are too hyped from all the mags i've read. They definately look more decent than the past gens (less curves than Hulk Hogan).[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG] But they're not all that fast for a V6 and overpriced IMO. There's this really steep hill in North Vancouver where i live and it's a really long straight up the hill climb and everyone races on that hill. The tib V6 auto couldn't even climb the hill faster than my Pro5.. was quite stunned. Going up the hill on 3rd at 110 KM/h i took it bout 2 lenghts and hung about even. My gf actually thought they were decent until she found out that 130 Ponies in a Pro5 has more climbing power than the V6.

Btw, how much power do those 1997-2000 ford explorers have? Raced one up this same hill too and he beat me by about 1 car length by the top.