Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

01ex vs talon turbo

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
grncivic2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking 01ex vs talon turbo

ok i was taking my gf out to dinner the other day and it just started to snow and all so the roads where not to terrible to race on. i was stuck at a light and i noticed halogens behind me so when the light turned green my eyes were stuck on the road and the rear view mirror. i saw him get in front of the guy beside me and get next to me and slowed down i just kept looking at the road didnt even want to look cuz all i could hear was the sound of his bov going off over and over. so i said what the hell gave the 3 honks and we were off. "we started bout 40mph roll on going down hill" i threw it in 2nd and i pull to bout 1/2 car then i made a very good **** into 3rd no car movment at all and in 3rd he pulled on me but didnt pass me i was bout 1 foot ahead of this guy and then i heard his bov and he hit his brakes so i thought cop or somthin so i hit my brakes. then he just throws it back in low gear and passes me like he had the fastest car on the road now after the race and all i was very confused because i thought i would have gotton my **** handed to me but didnt. the car the other guy was driving was a talon tsi with the stupid looking stock spoilers that are right by the rear window it looked like he had stock wheels and a little fart can. my civic is a 01 ex manual custom exhaust 2.5",18" tenzo-r wheels with proxy rubbers and tenzo-r intake. so this guy was either a very bad driver or it was my lucky day or he was spinning his tires but i thought tsi were awd so i dont know. thats my encounter with a talon we never went over 90 mph confused so would this be considered a win or what
Old 12-09-2005
Registered!!

swifty2k is an unknown quantity at this point

You shoud have gotten killed.... Some of the turbo talons are FWD though... considering it just started snowing, he could have been spinning....
Old 12-09-2005
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
Originally Posted by grncivic2001
then i made a very good **** into 3rd no car movment at all
dayum you **** while going into third and the car didnt move?????
Old 12-10-2005
Banned

bgoetz is an unknown quantity at this point
the tsi is a FWD and realistically our cars cannot even come close to hanging with them. The only one tha I ran I lost by a good few cars two of the three runs and won the thrid (not sure what he did). Modded boosted DSMs can be very fast. The best indication of how our cars would do is when I raced a I/h/e esi I won by 1 car at 120 (complete drivers race all day). Now that is the nonboosted version.
Old 12-10-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
TSI is AWD not FWD. its an eclipse copy.
Old 12-10-2005
Banned

Originally Posted by MajinB
TSI is AWD not FWD. its an eclipse copy.
No the TSX is an AWD, Look it up
Edit: I am incorrect the talon is avalible in the tsi (turboed FWD) and the tsi AWD (turboed AWD). See post below

Last edited by bgoetz; 12-10-2005 at 02:15 AM.
Old 12-10-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
http://www.internetautoguide.com/rev...le/talon/1995/

But after we had a chance to drive the beefed-up, turbocharged 1995 all-wheel-drive (AWD) Talon TSi
Old 12-10-2005
Banned

Sorry, but there is a Talon tsi FWD, it is the same as the eclipse GS-t. And I guess that the AWD version is refered to as the tsi AWD, but it is the same as the eclipse Gsx. Just a missunderstanding. I am guessing by the way that the race went it was the FWD. The AWD would have got him good off the line and never let up.

http://www.edmunds.com/used/1998/eagle/talon/index.html

http://www.edmunds.com/used/1998/mit...pse/index.html
Old 12-10-2005
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
I think talons are slow pieces of .... Unless they are highly modified i think they suck
Old 12-11-2005
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
right now i can beat the turbo DSM's no problem. unless thier running higher boost and fuel upgrade. but stock are easy they start to get a little hard to hang with when the guy is boosting over 12psi(there is only so far you can push a garrett non-bb t25). i think stock they run like 7 or 8.
Old 12-11-2005
Registered!!

se7engen_riDe is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by familycar
dayum you **** while going into third and the car didnt move?????
LMAO!
Old 12-13-2005
Mr_Casual

Well what ever happen your car was ahead of his so in my opinion take the win. In any other condition without major major mods on a civic ex I'm talking motor swap and all the goodies a Turbod eclipse will walk you morning noon and night.
Old 12-16-2005
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ajhdragon
right now i can beat the turbo DSM's no problem. unless thier running higher boost and fuel upgrade. but stock are easy they start to get a little hard to hang with when the guy is boosting over 12psi(there is only so far you can push a garrett non-bb t25). i think stock they run like 7 or 8.

most poeple with dsm's are not running low boost. everyone i know is running 15 and up.

except for the evo, thats running 28lbs.
Old 12-16-2005
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
most gst and gsx or tsi's i know of are running atleast 20lbs as well. that is low boost for those cars.
Old 12-16-2005
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by familycar
most gst and gsx or tsi's i know of are running atleast 20lbs as well. that is low boost for those cars.

yeah i gave up on the civic, im to buy a real car with a base.
Old 12-17-2005
Registered!!

gangrel138 is an unknown quantity at this point
My friend has an almost stock 2nd gen tsi sitting in the parking lot and I can assure you it is AWD. I've been up underneath it and seen the driveshaft for myself. If you don't believe me I can go take some pictures.
Old 12-17-2005
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by bgoetz
Sorry, but there is a Talon tsi FWD, it is the same as the eclipse GS-t. And I guess that the AWD version is refered to as the tsi AWD, but it is the same as the eclipse Gsx. Just a missunderstanding. I am guessing by the way that the race went it was the FWD. The AWD would have got him good off the line and never let up.

http://www.edmunds.com/used/1998/eagle/talon/index.html

http://www.edmunds.com/used/1998/mit...pse/index.html

Well... drivers make everything happen I have drive a couple AWD cars, and found they are a pain to launch correctly, they really bog if you don't have just the right RPM. I'm not saying FWD is better, I'm just saying FWD CAN be on certian cars more stupid proof to luanch.

And also, from a roll, AWD is bad. For instance, the tranny and transfer case in my truck consume 30% of the power produced by the engine, normal manuals conusme about 16% and auto's around 18-20%.

Last edited by Jrfish007; 12-17-2005 at 11:04 AM.
Old 12-18-2005
The wheel is turning...but the hamster is dead

ShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to all
Maybe if the guy was driving a stock auto with 5 fat people in the car...then I can believe that story
Old 12-18-2005
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
you shoulda gotten killed on any normal day. but congrats i guess...
Old 12-20-2005
Registered!!

BigBoost is an unknown quantity at this point
I say its a kill. The race was over when he hit his brakes.
Im only running 16psi on my talon and I can brake all 4 tires loose from a 45 roll on wet pavement. So it is possible that he was spinning but I think its more likely that he was just stock and couldnt drive for crap.
Sounds like he only hit his brakes so you would slow down and he could pretend he won. some people are idiots and shouldnt be allowed to drive. Unfortunalty this one decided to buy a DSM.
DSM's can be very fast but in the hands of a moron any car is slow.

peace