Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

tibby vs. wrx ( long story)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stroked_monkey is an unknown quantity at this point
tibby vs. wrx ( long story)

The past couple of times ive been out in my civic cuisin there has been this silver wrx who tries and screws with me, The guy is a real *** and drives like a real ricer. i dont know all the mods hes done to the car but i know hes bov is upgraded cause its freakin loud.

any last night my buddy came down in his tiburon. its the v6, six-speed. he has a cai, complete exhaust, and a chip for it. so i meet up with him park the civic and riode around with him for a little bit.

After a couple of passes i see the queer in the wrx, so i tell my friend to get up next to him. it took awhile cause the guy drives like crazy and speeds everywhere, but finnaly we get ahead of him and he comes up on us from behind.

There were three fat boys in the rex just pointin and snickering, so i look over from the passenger seet and just smile. I then look at my friend and told him this guy will want to race him and that we should just act cool untill we got to the straight.

so the **** in the wrx are just right buy us reving the thing up and showin off his bov and we pull up to a red light. The guy in the back who had his window down looks over and says. "nice car" turns back to his buddies and starts laughin then looks back at us and says "100 bucks says we win", my bud looks and him and says " i only got a dollar, im poor, that why i drive a hyundai" so the **** in the back makes some smart *** coment about bettin his shoe or somethin and by then the light was green and we took off.

1/4 mile in front of us down the road is a bridge, which makes for a nice staright where u can race from a role. my friend asks me if we should race and im like hell ya man, that guy has 2 extra passengers and they all look to be well over the 200lb mark, plus my friends had stripped the back of his car out geetin ready for the drags in a coupe of weeks.

so we get to the bridge the wrx and us were dead even when the guy stomps it. my friend lays into it in second and we put the wrx on our rear bumper, then he goes to shift into 3rd and grinds it twice, im like, and i quote "sh*t" the wrx pulls even by the time he gets into 3rd but once he did the wrx had to shift and by then we were 1/2 a car length in front of him, by then we shut down because the trun around to get in the other lane it comin up.

we slowed down and the wrx comes by us a little slower than usual, every one of the gys had a look on there face like u just saw ur mom naked or somethin like that. so they get in front of us and we follow them all the time we got the windows down and im yellin, "u just got spanked by a hyundiaaaaaaaaaa" they didnt say a word to us after that and woulndt even look over at us.

i was impressed with my friends car once again, from a stop we woulda been playin catch up but from a role it pulled on that wrx pretty good, wish id been drivin though cause wouldnt have missed 3rd. any way itll be interesting to see what the tibby runs in the quarter mile here in a few weeks.

i dont feel like editting all the mistakes, the posts to long, so just deel with em, hope u enjoyed the story.-jay
Old 04-11-2004
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
I'm not too surprised the Tibby won. WRX from a roll is not too quick, especially with a poor driver and turbo lag. But glad you shut them up!
Old 04-11-2004
YoUnG N SuXsExFul

guamcivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
yup..i keep seeing awd losing in rolls to fwd or rwd...nice kill
Old 04-11-2004
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Not unless they have the same weight and WHP heehee
Old 04-11-2004
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
those tiburons have quite a bit of torque. 2.7L
good kill
Old 04-11-2004
Pro Skater

blue03civic is an unknown quantity at this point
sweet kill. glad u shut em up. i like the new tibbys fast and nice..
Old 04-12-2004
Registered!!

00celicagts6spd is an unknown quantity at this point
the tibbys are actually quite slow. full bolt ons and gutted is typically a mid 14 range. So def nice kill. the only thing the wrx prolly had was a bov.lol either way it's nice when the idiots lose