Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

jakked truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004
O RLY
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
jakked truck

There are several things in life that bother me. Not bother me as in, I-need-to-kill-people, bother me. But the, I-have-the-urge-to-crap-on-your-doorstep, type bother me. Among these people are those who buy a huge pick up truck that gets 3mpg on the highway, could tow a small river barge, and could carry 2 civics in its bed. Now I should clarify, if you plan on taking your pick up truck and using it for towing barges and carrying civics over mountains, then you rock.

What pisses me off is people who take these trucks, jack them up beyond belief, and then race them like they are ferarris. By jacking up I mean this. First they literally jack the truck up, so now there is so much extra space, but they could not only carry a civic in their truck bed, but also fit one into the gap in their wheel wells.

Next is the obligatory way-louder-than-a-harrier-taking-off type muffler, followed by racing stripes down the entire middle length of the truck. Next come the hugely oversized monster wheels that could give you traction on a vertical snowy mountain side. But instead we'll keep them on all year because the noise they make on dry warm pavement is almost loud enough to be heard over the exhaust. And to top it all off, we'll add a spoiler onto the back, because you never know when you might need that downforce the next time you ever get above 140mph. (rebel flag optional)

Now they take said jacked truck, and race it like it's a dragster. They race hondas, they race toyotas, they race VW's, and maybe even grandma in her caddy. So after they do everything you WOULDNT want to do to a car you plan on racing around with, they race it anyways.

Today and the rest of the week, I have the pleasure of tooling around in my girlfriend's car, since I let her borrow mine for the end of the week. (if you saw my girlfriend, you'd probably ALSO do just about anything she asked you to) Actually I was being nice because she drives stick well and I work odd hours so she can have some fun and relax in the old S2k. Her car is a 1998 Grand Am. Now I'm sure I'm a sight to see, with it's fuzzy seat covers with little lizards and lizard footprints on them, with matching steering wheel cover, and beads hanging from the rear view mirror. I did however, wash and wax and detail her car, so it at least looks brand new on the outside.

Now her car isn't fast by any means. I mean, when I floor her car, I can only think of Sean William Scott in "ROAD TRIP" where they are jumping the bridge and the guy goes to him "you know we have to hit 75mph right?" and Sean William Scott says back "I'm trying, but this car sucks".

Today I had the pleasure of running her beast against a jacked up truck. Now the race itself wasn't all that exciting, but my story and opinions leading up to this race were really what I wanted to rant and rave about. I had a run-in with a guy who thought he was mario andretti behind the wheel of his pick up truck that I already previously described.

But for those who really do care, I was JUST able to edge him out about 1/2 a car from a stop to 70mph.

[/rant]
Old 04-09-2004
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
HAHA! OH Man, thats 1 thing we're missin in NYC are the big pick up trucks, instead we get the Navigators, Escalades (and so on) in DUB city........ just last night I saw a Tahoe with the chrome spinners and the subs and stuff. The ppl were just standing there outside their car with the stereo on trying to see if anyone even cars.
Old 04-09-2004
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
hey man a kill's a kill.
Old 04-10-2004
Cocky guys kick ass!

Cocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura about
so you basically hate what i want, a bigass redneck truck. lol. i wanna get a huge truck like that, jack it up, and get a huge rebel flag paint job on it. lol.. what can i say, it's a WV thing. even us un-hick West Virginians need a big truck.
Old 04-10-2004
O RLY
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
haha i'm just poking fun. it's all in good humor so don't sweat it.
Old 04-10-2004
Boosted Auto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
deciuss is an unknown quantity at this point
um my friend has one of thows kind of trucks but his is desil not gas and that thing owns . his turbos running like 25psi with bigger injecters and a bunch of other mods.

red neck trucks can be fast as heck if they wana be.

s2000 you may actualy know him hes the owner of the brew city mussle site.

Last edited by deciuss; 04-10-2004 at 06:24 PM.
Old 04-11-2004
Cocky guys kick ass!

Cocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura about
i know, no biggie. i don't take stuff personally.. even if it's meant to be taken that way, ha.
Old 04-11-2004
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
Re: jakked truck

Originally posted by S2000man01
Now I'm sure I'm a sight to see, with it's fuzzy seat covers with little lizards and lizard footprints on them, with matching steering wheel cover, and beads hanging from the rear view mirror. [/rant]

Oh man I hear ya! Hahaha. funny stuff.